LaSalle (OH) 22 St. Xavier (OH) 15

Samcro

Looks like the Colonels would be the team to beat in the GCL. Didn’t NCC play in the GCL back in the day?

Can’t go off one game. I still think 7 or 8 out of 10 times, that LaSalle is better than Cov Cath. Just like there is no way Lexington Catholic is on even terms with Cov Cath. Matchups can dictate a lot as can off nights. Talent wise Lasalle has a ton more than Cov Cath.

And yes NCC played for a while but I think they played against the smaller GCL schools.

I don’t think CCH could beat Elder, it would be a huge matchup problem.

Lots of people didn't think CovCath would beat LaSalle either. I think CovCath would have a very competitive game with Elder. The Colonels might not win, but they wouldn't get ran out of the stadium.

Lots of people didn't think CovCath would beat LaSalle either. I think CovCath would have a very competitive game with Elder. The Colonels might not win, but they wouldn't get ran out of the stadium.

I don’t doubt that it would be a competitive game, I just think Elder is a big matchup problem for CCH.

But I feel CCH needs to worry more about the FDs and Scott County’s that will be in a state title run.

I don’t doubt that it would be a competitive game, I just think Elder is a big matchup problem for CCH.

But I feel CCH needs to worry more about the FDs and Scott County’s that will be in a state title run.

No doubt. CovCath, won't get to play Elder, Boyle, Trinity, or Male this year. But the who would win between team A and team B threads are fun to debate on a lazy Saturday.

Looks like the Colonels would be the team to beat in the GCL. Didn’t NCC play in the GCL back in the day?[/

Can’t go off one game. I still think 7 or 8 out of 10 times, that LaSalle is better than Cov Cath. Just like there is no way Lexington Catholic is on even terms with Cov Cath. Matchups can dictate a lot as can off nights. Talent wise Lasalle has a ton more than Cov Cath.

And yes NCC played for a while but I think they played against the smaller GCL schools.

After watching CCH and LaSalle first hand, it’s CCH who would likely win 7 or 8 out of 10. LaSalle is primarily a running team, which was shut down thoroughly by CCH, which I believe would be consistently the case if they played again, as that is the strength of CCH. No reason to think otherwise. Now Elder would likely be a much tougher matchup as they are much more efficient throwing the ball.

After watching CCH and LaSalle first hand, it’s CCH who would likely win 7 or 8 out of 10. LaSalle is primarily a running team, which was shut down thoroughly by CCH, which I believe would be consistently the case if they played again, as that is the strength of CCH. No reason to think otherwise. Now Elder would likely be a much tougher matchup as they are much more efficient throwing the ball.

I agree with you in CCH winning 8 out of 10. I was also there at the game, CCH manhandled LaSalle in all phases of the game. LaSalle only had a total of 134 yards on offense. I think we would definitely compete with Elder or Fairfield or Colerain or whoever else may be ranked ahead of CCH in the tristate.