Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5A #4 Highlands vs. 6A Ryle Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 66 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Highlands, coming off a will over a ranked Class 6A team, will face off against another team from the larger class from Northern Kentucky. Can Ryle do what Simon Kenton could not? Or, will Highlands prove they are too much for the NKY 6A teams?

  • Replies 75
  • Views 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a 1 score difference kind of game.

This game will be won or lost by Ryle’s Secondary. I think they have improved enough to win this game and I believe Ryle will surprise some folks.

Raiders 21

Birds 14

Highlands 34-14.

Highlands 35 - 7

Ryle 24

Highlands 28

I think this will be a good game but I believe HHS pulls away as they have better athletes. Also, the fact that its a home game makes a BIG difference IMO. It's hard to come in and get a win against the Bluebirds. It's a different kinda place to play at.

Edited by BCHS-BLUEBIRD
grammer

I don't know much about Ryle's team this year. I know Highlands won 40-3 last year. Why will this one be closer than last year?

I would be absolutely shocked if Ryle scores more than 14. I also can't see HHS scoring less than 28. If Buten plays, I say 35-14. If he doesn't play, 28-14.

Ryle has a nice back in England, and he'll get some chunks of yards from time to time, but would be shocked if he is getting those yards in the second half. I think he's a similar quality back to Hammack at SK. Hammack had some nice runs, but ended up with 60 yards on 30 carries. The Birds D is very aggressive and with that, comes some blown plays due to over pursuit or going for a strip. But the D makes GREAT adjustments and then really start dominating the 2nd half. Going to be a good game and a great atmosphere in Fort Thomas.

If this game is close at all, the Birds may be in trouble vs the Colonels. That game was a complete mismatch, and while I realize the Transitive Property isn't an exact science in sports' match-ups, I saw enough to know that if Ryle can move the ball, and slow down the Birds, then Highlands will be in for a real problem in a few weeks.

 

Highlands...big. Something like 38-14.

If this game is close at all, the Birds may be in trouble vs the Colonels. That game was a complete mismatch, and while I realize the Transitive Property isn't an exact science in sports' match-ups, I saw enough to know that if Ryle can move the ball, and slow down the Birds, then Highlands will be in for a real problem in a few weeks.

 

Highlands...big. Something like 38-14.

 

Not necessarily, a bruising RB can have a different effect on one defense than to another. And Cov Cath doesn’t have a bruising RB that I know of.

I don't know much about Ryle's team this year. I know Highlands won 40-3 last year. Why will this one be closer than last year?

 

Ryle started a lot of underclassmen & believed too much of their own hype. Most in Raider Nation expected a down year but not as bad as it was. They struggled greatly at QB and the defense was adjusting to a new scheme, along with other factors. This season they do not have as many 2-way players as they are much deeper.

 

Ryle’s Defense has been impressive this season. Against Cov Cath they even looked decent aside from the poor positions they had been placed in by the offense. The scoreboard reflects more about how poorly the offense performed for Ryle than the Defense.

Ryle’s offense was virtually none existent in this game and I believe Ryle had 4 TOs all within the 50. Probably 6/11 offensive players first varsity minutes in their career including the QB.

 

Since that game Lyons has played much better at QB. England has shown he’s special and the Oline has made drastic strides.

 

The defense has also continued to improve. They have looked good against 4 total different styles of football this season.

 

I stand by what I said earlier, this game will rest on Ryle’s secondary and the O-line.

Not necessarily, a bruising RB can have a different effect on one defense than to another. And Cov Cath doesn’t have a bruising RB that I know of.

 

Daniel Felix, and he will be used when necessary.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.