Everything posted by Velvet Jones
-
Post season tournaments
What are the dates district, regional and Sweet Sixteen for the boys this year?
-
Georgetown looking…
If that number is true and I am not doubting it, I think every high school coach in America would be in play.
-
Highlands 86 Cane Ridge (TN) 79 (OT)
Birds take down the Ravens ranked by MaxPreps #29 who feature Alabama recruit Brandon Miller who is the #10 player in the country. The undersized Birds shot well from the outside and did a incredible job on the defense boards tonight. Birds were lead by Zach Barth (the most underrated point guard in the state) and Will Herald. Great bounce back Birds!
-
BluegrassPreps Class 5A Football Rankings 8/30
I agree after taking down the team that is still ranked 9th in 6A Cooper belongs in the rankings before Scott County.
-
Scrimmage Week
Who is playing who in the 1st week of scrimmages?
-
Highlands - 2021 Schedule
Yes there was. I happen to meet some of my buddies from college who were Bluebirds at the Highland Country Club and it seemed there were a lot of Bluebird supporters meeting the new coach at a dinner.
-
Ben Dickhaus (Cov Cath '21) wins 2020 That's My Boy Award
I enjoyed watching him play. Well deserved award. What are his future plans?
-
Highlands is looking for a Strength and Conditioning Coach
That’s exactly how you build a winning football culture. Focus on the needs of one to detriment of the team. AAU might work in basketball and baseball but doesn’t build championships in football.
-
Highlands is looking for a Strength and Conditioning Coach
How unfair of a coach to expect his players be at Spring practice rather going to an “AAU” 7-7 tournament. The fact that AAU 7-7 is even being brought up is ridiculous.
-
Conner 71 Dixie Heights 54 (9th Region Semifinals)
A rematch of the 2001 Regional Final on the same court. I just hope it Is close to how good that game was that night.
-
Highlands 85 Newport 55 (36th District Finals)
Congratulations to Luke Muller for scoring his 1,000 point in the game and winning MVP.
-
Bowling Green at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates (5A Semifinals)
Is the game free on radio?
-
Bowling Green at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates (5A Semifinals)
I get Cov Cath charging $15 for the regular season games to try and recoup lost gate money. Most if not all purchasers during the regular season are going to be fans on the teams that are playing. However when you get to the semi finals I think there is a lot of casual interest involved. Since I have no dog in the fight if the game were free I would 100% turn it on. If it were $5 I would be more likely to get it. At $15 I would only get it if I was a fan of the one team or one of the teams had an impact player that would going to UK ie. Tim Couch.
-
All things considered is Highlands a good job?
Plus you have talent and sizing coming in the next 4 classes. The Bluebirds started 4 or 5 sophomores on offense last game Cov Cath. An absolute beast of offensive tackle returning that will be a senior. Defense has some holes to fill but you got some animals on defense coming back at linebacker and safety. Freshman close was loaded with over 50 kids. 8th grade has about 40 plus players and some monster size. 7th grade had over 55 kids playing and they have some major size as well. Can’t tell me you can’t find 10-15 really good football players out of almost 60 kids. Is the Highlands job for everyone? No! But it is a great job for a confident coach who wants to be the Man.
-
Open Job: Highlands
Well let’s be honest Eicher didn’t win. Duffy wasn’t about wins or loses and HHS cut bait before something really bad happened with him. Weinrich wasn’t getting done. Oh there was a coach in between that was very successful. So don’t act like there is some problem at HHS. Cov Cath went through quite a few coaches if I recall.
-
Conner at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
How many seniors does Cov Cath have that will be celebrating their last game? Also it would be nice for Senior Night if the Diocese would allow more than 2 tickets per player. I am sure there are plenty of brothers/sisters and grandma/grandpa that would like to see their Colonel one last time.
-
What will Kentucky High School football look like this fall?
Let's stop talking about if they are going to play and let's talk about when they do play. I was surprised by the other high school games on TV that I saw. I thought the play would be more sloppy. Did Ohio, Alabama, Texas, and Utah all start practice before Kentucky? Will the Kentucky schools with only 3 weeks of practice with helmets look sharp or will the play be sloppy. I personally think the first couple of weeks are going to very sloppy. I hope I am wrong.
-
Will there be high school football this fall?
It is joke but this has everything to do with no school board wanting to get sued. So they will keep slow playing it.
-
Highlands vs Covington Catholic (9th Region Championship) Predictions/Updates
Colonels beat the Birds for the Freshman Championship. Birds JV took it to the Colonels in the JV Championship. Tomorrow the Varsity get to duke it out for basketball supremacy in Northern Kentucky.
-
I hung out with some Highlands Football Mommies the other night...
Highlands Coaches and their winning percentages Homer Rice (1954-1961): 70-11-6 (80.45%) 3 State Titles Owen Hauck (1962-1966): 48-8-1 (84.21%) 1 State Title Mike Murphy (1967-1973): 66-12-1 (83.54%) 2 State Titles Roger Walz (1974-1975): 20-4-0 (83.33) 1 State Title Bill Herrmann (1976-1983): 81-18 (81.82%) 3 State Titles Jack Eicher (1984-1987): 30-13 (69.77%) Tom Duffy (1988-1993): 61-15-0 (80.26%) 2 State Titles Dale Mueller (1994-2013): 250-36-0 (87.41%) 11 State Titles Brian Weinrich(2014-present): 46-30 (60.52%) 1 State Title
-
CovCath's New Players
I am no Cov Cath fan but to me it could be an economic decision. Cov Cath costs around $9-10K and a GCL school costs around $13-14K. As long as the KHSAA continues to allow out of state kids to play athletics wouldn't you as a parent want to send your child to the best school that would allow them to compete and still get a great education. Plus you get to save $4k a year.
-
5A #4 Highlands vs. Knoxville Catholic (TN) (8/31) Predictions/Updates
Thanks...how much time?
-
Highlands/Cooper Updates (9th Region Quarterfinals)
Forgot to mention the Cooper cheerleaders wearing blue bows. Very classy by Cooper all the way around.
-
Highlands/Cooper Updates (9th Region Quarterfinals)
Class act by Cooper students wearing blue tonight.
-
Highlands at Covington Catholic (Frosh) Predictions
I love it that there is a poll for a Freshman game.