Colonels_Wear_Blue

Conner at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

35 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who wins?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/23/2020 at 11:00 PM

It's senior night for the Cov Cath. That means the last guaranteed home game for the likes of Ben Dickhaus, Caleb Jacob, Trey Gronotte, Ethan Reardon, Owen Nally, Luke Stegman, Sam France, Ryan Schneider, Isaiah Roedig and company...a lot of blue and white Colonels whose names we've gotten used to hearing called. It's also Cov Cath's final game of district competition, and will be their attempt at a program-first, five straight district wins (not to mention their fifth straight sweep of the district).

The Colonels are host to the Conner Cougars on Friday. There's a decent chance that for some of the dads out there following along from the stands, they remember very well from the days when Conner vs. Cov Cath was as big a football game as any in Northern Kentucky. For the first fifteen years of this series, it was an annual slugfest that leaned 8 wins to 7 in Conner's favor over the period from the first Conner vs. Cov Cath game in 1975 up through 1989. In the course of the next decade, though, the Colonels went on an eight-game tear over the Cougars. Many folks in Boone County have been quick to point out that in that same time period, Boone County's two high schools split into three with the opening of Larry A. Ryle High School in 1992. Still, that didn't stop Conner from hanging an early season loss over the eventual 3A state champion Colonels in 1994, or stop them from punching Cov Cath in the 1996 playoffs, ending the Colonels' season by handing them a 22-14 loss at home.

By putting up over 5 times the number of points as Conner did last year in their two games, it's pretty easy to breathe right now as a Colonel fan...and even easier still after Highlands shut out Conner 36-0 back on Oct 3, only to turn around and be shut out 42-0 by Cov Cath last Friday. Obviously I'm not about to say that Cov Cath wins this one 78-0, but regardless of that, I've got to think that it's going to take some kind of major calamity for Covington Catholic to lose this one.

So aaaaaaanyway, with all of that said, any conjecture as to the outcome for this game on Friday? What will it take for either of these teams to come away from the game with positives?

746444421_CovCathvsConner.jpg.9574987206ad6d7bfc4c35e27c702905.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see nothing from Conner that makes me think they are any different from when Highlands destroyed them a couple of weeks ago. Enough said.

Clearly a running clock game. 

• Like 1

CovCath can name the score in this one. Highlands destroyed Conner and we all have seen or heard what CovCath did to Highlands. 

1 hour ago, AgainstTheGrain said:

CovCath can name the score in this one. Highlands destroyed Conner and we all have seen or heard what CovCath did to Highlands. 

Welcome to BGP @AgainstTheGrain ...northern Kentucky sports fan, in particular? Or just Kentucky on the whole?

How many seniors does Cov Cath have  that will be celebrating their last game?  

Also it would be nice for Senior Night if the Diocese would allow more than 2 tickets per player.  I am sure there are plenty of brothers/sisters and grandma/grandpa that would like to see their Colonel one last time. 

23 minutes ago, Velvet Jones said:

How many seniors does Cov Cath have  that will be celebrating their last game?  

Also it would be nice for Senior Night if the Diocese would allow more than 2 tickets per player.  I am sure there are plenty of brothers/sisters and grandma/grandpa that would like to see their Colonel one last time. 

27 players plus student manager Jarret Hill. The senior pictures from the fall sports program, below, include transfer Skyler Schmidt, but I don't believe he is included on the football roster at this point.

Seniors-page-001.thumb.jpg.b9caaaa1c96e8800e5f3ef995c3d949d.jpgSeniors-page-002.thumb.jpg.7b545f6243321dceb8ae4c570952e3de.jpgSeniors-page-003.thumb.jpg.b6e6856d161e38eceaae1bd86377bdb5.jpgSeniors-page-004.thumb.jpg.4d3a527be129f1c4b54295ec8d73d0c7.jpgSeniors-page-005.thumb.jpg.729c4f2f5d540ed97ca68ca82223fac0.jpgSeniors-page-006.thumb.jpg.dd8a2c8c20ab1b24343cf8a337c009fd.jpgSeniors-page-007.thumb.jpg.d1a05d744e24e6a34bef6c35552104da.jpg998040508_JarettHill-page-001.thumb.jpg.4e3986cd06819e01ed7820d54b44d642.jpg

46 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Welcome to BGP @AgainstTheGrain ...northern Kentucky sports fan, in particular? Or just Kentucky on the whole?

Thank you. Yes NKY sports fan. More interest in the high schools sports from football, baseball and basketball. 

• Like 3

I was texting with a Cooper dad last night who told me that Conner apparently had two of their starting O-linemen get injured in the Conner vs. Cooper game, and he said he was pretty sure Conner was running a wildcat for the last quarter of the game after QB Alex Castrucci came out because of an ankle injury.

Here's hoping those three have had time to heal up and get back into the rotation.

• Like 1

Complete mismatch game.  Hopefully, CCH goes young early and the game is somewhat respectful.

The Colonels start 1st and 10 from their own 4 yard line after the opening kickoff.

They run a sweep on 1st down and pick up 6 yards. Immediately after the first play, everyone is sent to the locker rooms on lightning delay.

• Thanks 1

One play in and a 30 minute delay. CovCath  had a 6 yard  gain. I am going to BW3's as it may be awhile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It appears more weather is coming.