Everything posted by Velvet Jones
-
Highlands at Cooper Predictions/Updates
I disagree. Highlands tends to play better on the road for whatever reason. When they have had slow starts they tend to be at home.
-
Name That Year - NKY Coaches Association "Top 24" Banquet
2002
- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 1)
-
2024 Highlands Bluebirds
One or two crazy parents wanted him run out. Not the Fort Thomas Faithful. The Faithful knew how far down Highlands slipped and it was going to take a few years to get back to competing.
-
9th Region Week 10 Rankings and Review
Didn’t Ryle lose back to back games last week to Highlands and Cov Cath?
-
Pick one game to attend this Friday
This Friday there are some incredible matchups. Assume you aren’t a fan any particular high school team. Parking, weather, travel, etc are not issues. Which game this week would you most like to attend in person? The three that intrigue me the most would be: LCA-Mayfield Freedie D - Male Corbin - Boyle I think I would go with the Corbin-Boyle game. Freddie D - Male will be a hard hitting game and would love to see it but Boyle is a great atmosphere.
-
Covington Catholic 49 Greenup County 12
Did some mud wrestling break out?
-
Bowling Green at South Warren Predictions/Updates
Thank you. Look forward to tuning in.
-
Bowling Green at South Warren Predictions/Updates
Any streaming of this great matchup?
-
Is Highlands' Coach Sphire in a do or die situation?
- Highlands 76 Boyle County 68
Congratulations to Coach Listerman on 200 wins.- Marshall County vs. Simon Kenton Predictions/Updates
Could somebody tell me why Marshall County has to come all the way up to Northern Kentucky in the 1st Round?- Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***
I think it would be pretty cool if the teams would agree to wear throwback helmets for a game in the future. I think the ‘81 helmets would be fun to bring back.- Highlands 55 Conner 0
Best part of the game. Conner Band. Phenomenal. Broke out a Prince tribute.- Raceland at Highlands Predictions/Updates
Yep. Taking the ball and scoring two games in a row is coming out flat.- BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 1)
- Bryan Station at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates
Will there be any streaming of the game?- 2022 New Uniforms / Helmets
Never seen Garrard's old jerseys and helmets before but I think those unis with the helmet look pretty sharp.- St. Henry: Varsity Football starts in 2026. (Now moved up to 2025.)
I am not giving all the credit to football but I do think it had an impact. Southern Campbell County is booming and having football my convince little Jimmy to go to Brossart instead of Campbell County and continue his Catholic education. Maybe Jimmy's family live in Alexandria and Jimmy really wants to play football. Mom and Dad don't want to drive to Newport every morning and afternoon to send Timmy to New Cath. Either way Brossart picks up a kid they wouldn't have been getting. Now I don't have any idea about St. Henry's finances but I do know where all of the new construction is happening and Boone County is booming more than Southern Campbell County. St Timothy is putting a big an addition so that tells me parents still want their kids to get a Catholic education. If I were the new Bishop and wanted to get my Catholic High School enrollment up especially in Boone County I may look at St. Henry to see if football wouldn't help them. And apparently they got one of the biggest expenses already covered. As someone said above build it and they will come.- St. Henry: Varsity Football starts in 2026. (Now moved up to 2025.)
Look at what football has done for Brossart's enrollment. I think St. Henry would be crazy not to at least explore it. Boone County is booming and there isn't a Catholic High School in the county with a football team. I think it makes all the sense in the world for them to do it.- Antonio Robinson Jr. chooses Beechwood
Anyone else find it ironic? When Highlands was rolling people always was said it was because of the kids from Kenton County. Now Beechwood is rolling and it is because of kids living in Fort Thomas. And Cov Cath always takes the heat. Well maybe they deserve it for basketball.- Hearing a 4-Star Cornerback is moving into Northern Kentucky.
Any publication that lists Casual Chinese in Newport ahead of Oriental Wok in the Chinese category loses all credibility. Try a different source Guru.- Hearing a 4-Star Cornerback is moving into Northern Kentucky.
Fort Mitchell takes the restaurant title . Fort Mitchell wins in the following categories: Chinese- Oriental Wok Mexican- Montoyas Best place to pick up divorced women-Grandview Tavern Sub Sandwich- Jersey Mikes Fort Thomas wins in Best Burger Midway Cafe Best Pizza Fort Thomas Pizza and Padrinos beats out Camporosso Bars are a little bit more of a tossup but I think the Bluebirds get that one Ole Fort Pub over the Saddle Club Midway Cafe Bourbon selection is better than Grandview- 9th Region Tournament
Blue Colonels were very young this year and had to replace a lot from last year. If similar things happen in the next few years then you can say it is time for Krumps to retire but for him to win the district over Beeechwood with what he had to replace was impressive.- Newport Central Catholic 7 Conner 4
Anyone got details on the game? How did the Breds score 3 in the extra frame? I would love to hear who came up clutch for them. - Highlands 76 Boyle County 68