Hearing a 4-Star Cornerback is moving into Northern Kentucky.

Class of 2023...has offers from Arkansas, Arkansas State, Coastal Carolina, Duke, Florida, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Kentucky, LSU, Marshall, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, North Carolina, Ole Miss, Penn State, Pitt, Rutgers Tennessee, Texas, Vandy, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, and then some.

Coming up from a high school in Florida where he's a multi-sport athlete. He's committed to Wake Forest.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

My keen, Sherlock-esque powers of deduction have produced a name, but not a destination. Any word on where he may land? This would be a huge get for anyone in NKY if it turns out to be true.

Sherlocking is pretty easy if you just google Wake Forest's 2023 commits. 😁

His dad is for sure going to be living in NKY.

I believe he is going to end up at either Highlands or Beechwood.

• Like 1

I think this was in a thread maybe in the Highlands Schedule thread but nobody said BOO about it.....I was closing watching if someone was going to take the bait and confirm when that was posted but nothing until this....

I will welcome him with open arms!!!!

GO BIRDS!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

My understanding is that they will be touring Highlands first, but he is not yet enrolled, and is also not done touring other schools in the area.

Obviously holding out hope for Ludlow or Bellevue. Maybe Dayton?

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, ImJustHere said:

I understand Highlands from the academic standpoint, but what puts them above Beechwood right now? Family ties? Tradition? Because truthfully I don’t see any reason they are a better choice than Beechwood. 

Antonio Robinson Sr. decided to move from Miami to NKY because of his former college teammate, Jordan Nevels. I think that gives Highlands a definite leg up over Beechwood, to be honest about it. Beechwood is a smaller school and has a smaller student-to-teacher ratio, yes. But academically, I don't know that Beechwood has much of a leg up, if any, over Highlands. My understanding is that the commitment to Wake Forest over several of the other D1 football programs was because of the superior education at Wake - Duke and Vandy were apparently the other major considerations.

And if he's a multi-sport athlete, Highlands basketball is probably the better school at the moment, but Beechwood has the better baseball team.

Interesting point...Robinson was recruited primarily as a CB, although some programs were considering him as an offensive athlete. Last season on offense, he was their #2 QB and was only a handful of yards behind their #1 QB in passing, led the team in touchdowns, was the #2 rusher, and #2 receiver.

Dude sounds like a HELL of an athlete.

I was talking to a dyed in the wool Beechwood guy tonight who has spent some time looking at Robinson's film, and his comment was, "Cam Hergott was sure elusive, but this guy leaves Hergott in the dust."

I don't think he will be at Highlands. I think it's more of a "What's best for the Family" rather than what is best for the Kid. Academics? I don't think that's the main reason but maybe a small portion of it. His Dad will be his position Coach wherever he lands. Mark it down. My feeling is it will be somewhere across the River in Ohio. Why not Holmes? The Nevels family have strong ties there too. 

• Like 1