Hearing a 4-Star Cornerback is moving into Northern Kentucky.

2 minutes ago, Velvet Jones said:

Any publication that lists Casual Chinese in Newport ahead of Oriental Wok in the Chinese category loses all credibility.  Try a different source Guru.

I agree the Oriental Wok is the Mack Daddy!

1 hour ago, theguru said:

The City of Fort Mitchell just posted this on Facebook:

Congratulations to the following City of Fort Mitchell businesses for being voted Best of NKY (NKY Magazine):

FOOD:

Breakfast/Brunch

Greyhound Tavern

2500 Dixie Highway

Cupcakes

Little Flour Baked Goods

2479 Dixie Highway

Italian Cuisine

Camporosso

2475 Dixie Highway

Restaurant

Greyhound Tavern

2500 Dixie Highway

DRINK:

Happy Hour

Braxton Barrel House

5 Orphanage Road

BEAUTY:

Hair Salon

Zoe Grace Salon & Med Spa

287 Buttermilk Pike

HEALTH:

Medical Facility

BenchMark Physical Therapy

2501 Dixie Highway

Mental Health Agency/Practice

Emma Schmidt & Assoc., Sex + Relationship Therapy

2045 Dixie Highway

Pharmacy

Fort Mitchell Drug Shoppe

2515 Dixie Highway

SERVICES:

Financial Planner

Crystal Mann, Charles Schwab

285 Buttermilk Pike

Home Builder

Drees Homes

211 Gtandview Drive

SHOPPING:

Jewler

Herzog Jewelers

2501 Dixie Highway

Place for Home Accessories

Bunches of Bows Ft.Mitchell

2497 Dixie Highway

https://www.bestofnky.com/best-of-nky-2022/

Emma Schmidt bout to be busy as hell.  You really know your audience! 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

First of all, I think this back and forth about Beechwood this and Highlands that is a bit petty. Both are great schools. Obviously some of it is in fun. 

As to the on the football field comment, I will led with a big caveat for Beechwood fans - to my knowledge the Tigers have never come close to beating Highlands on the field so you are right on that point. I would be very happy to be corrected on that point. 

That said, Beechwood finished #6 in the state on calpreps.com. last year. I am sure they would have welcomed a chance at the Birds on the field over the past few seasons.

And the point is what? This all started as a "fun" back and forth, in my case none was meant to be vicious, we can continue to compare both schools, no one will win in the end, like I said, leave it on the field and at the end of the season, it comes down to W vs L who has the toughest schedule for 2A vs 5A and the strongest team for each Level. Comprende? 

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2022 at 10:45 AM, Jack of all Trades said:

Seriously?  Highlands won in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.  Believe twice in 2014 and 2015.

However, not sure they have won since.

I was thinking last ten meetings rather than years. My bad. 

Actually, here is the whole record and history ~ 

Fort Thomas Highlands has won 23 official Kentucky state football championships (in 1960, '61, '64, '68, '70, '75, '77, '81, '82, '89, '92, '96, '98, '99, 2000, '04, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 and '14).  No Kentucky team has won more state football titles than Highlands.     

The Highlands Bluebirds claim three unofficial "mythical" Kentucky state football championships, in 1930, '43 and '57 (Kentucky did not have a statewide championship system prior to 1959).  Thus, Highlands has won a total of 26 state football championships.

Highlands has finished the season ranked nationally in the top 25 a total of eight times (in 1982, '96, '98, '99, 2000, '04, '07 and '09).  The Bluebirds have also been ranked in the year-end USA Today Super 25 five times (in 1982, '96, '98, 2000 and '09), including a national third-place finish in 2009.

56 minutes ago, Bluebirdbath said:

And the point is what? This all started as a "fun" back and forth, in my case none was meant to be vicious, we can continue to compare both schools, no one will win in the end, like I said, leave it on the field and at the end of the season, it comes down to W vs L who has the toughest schedule for 2A vs 5A and the strongest team for each Level. Comprende? 

The point is exactly what you say it comes down to - on the field results. To that end I will make a very simple point:

Beechwood 27 Covington Catholic 7

Comprehende?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

The point is exactly what you say it comes down to - on the field results. To that end I will make a very simple point:

Comprehende?

5 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Comprehende?

LOL! Spell check, those scores could possibly be accurate, they play each other September 16, 2022 7:00pm I will be keeping track I will be at Ryle that night! 

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbath said:

Actually, here is the whole record and history ~ 

Fort Thomas Highlands has won 23 official Kentucky state football championships (in 1960, '61, '64, '68, '70, '75, '77, '81, '82, '89, '92, '96, '98, '99, 2000, '04, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 and '14).  No Kentucky team has won more state football titles than Highlands.     

The Highlands Bluebirds claim three unofficial "mythical" Kentucky state football championships, in 1930, '43 and '57 (Kentucky did not have a statewide championship system prior to 1959).  Thus, Highlands has won a total of 26 state football championships.

Highlands has finished the season ranked nationally in the top 25 a total of eight times (in 1982, '96, '98, '99, 2000, '04, '07 and '09).  The Bluebirds have also been ranked in the year-end USA Today Super 25 five times (in 1982, '96, '98, 2000 and '09), including a national third-place finish in 2009.

Don’t forget 2022 7 on 7 champions of the world! I’d argue greatest of all time! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1