Highlands - 2021 Schedule

Based on other teams' released schedules, the Birds' games against the Purples, 'Neers, McNick, Dixie, and Boone are all confirmed.

5A District 5 basically kept the same weekly schedule for district play in '19 and '20, and based on Boone County's released schedule, which sticks to the same weekly schedule for districts, here's what I've got pieced together for Highlands in 2021. Bear in mind, it's just an educated guess:

Aug 21 vs. Bowling Green (at WKU Rafferty's Bowl)
Aug 27 at Simon Kenton
Sep 3 - OPEN
Sep 10 at McNicholas (OH)
Sep 17 vs. Ryle
Sep 24 at Dixie Heights
Oct 1 vs. Conner (District)
Oct 8 at Boone County (District)
Oct 15 vs. Covington Catholic (District)
Oct 22 vs. Cooper (District)
Oct 29 - OPEN

• Thanks 2

You would have to think a Ryle, Dixie, Campbell or another NKY team that should be a good game for the Birds would be in there. It just makes sense, if it fit into the schools schedule. Dixie and Ryle next year would both be really solid games for Highlands next year. (I do not know enough about what Campbell has returning to know how good of a matchup that would be.)

On 2/2/2021 at 12:26 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Based on other teams' released schedules, the Birds' games against the Purples, 'Neers, McNick, Dixie, and Boone are all confirmed.

5A District 5 basically kept the same weekly schedule for district play in '19 and '20, and based on Boone County's released schedule, which sticks to the same weekly schedule for districts, here's what I've got pieced together for Highlands in 2021. Bear in mind, it's just an educated guess:

Aug 21 vs. Bowling Green (at WKU Rafferty's Bowl)
Aug 27 at Simon Kenton
Sep 3 - OPEN
Sep 10 at McNicholas (OH)
Sep 17 - OPEN
Sep 24 at Dixie Heights
Oct 1 vs. Conner (District)
Oct 8 at Boone County (District)
Oct 15 vs. Covington Catholic (District)
Oct 22 vs. Cooper (District)
Oct 29 - OPEN

Scrolling thru all your schedules I don't see (maybe I am overlooking it) a schedule for Lex Cath.....be interesting if a call is made for a reunion of Coach Bob vs. Lex Cath....

12 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Scrolling thru all your schedules I don't see (maybe I am overlooking it) a schedule for Lex Cath.....be interesting if a call is made for a reunion of Coach Bob vs. Lex Cath....

Correct...no schedule released by Lex Cath as of yet. Thus far I've only seen Lex Cath show up on the schedules released by Boyle County, Anderson County, and Lexington Christian. Unless I'm mistaken, Highlands and Lex Cath have only played twice during the regular season, in '07 and '08. Highlands won both.

2 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Correct...no schedule released by Lex Cath as of yet. Thus far I've only seen Lex Cath show up on the schedules released by Boyle County, Anderson County, and Lexington Christian. Unless I'm mistaken, Highlands and Lex Cath have only played twice during the regular season, in '07 and '08. Highlands won both.

I think we had a 2 year series with them like 4-5 years ago....I think Beau Allen was a Fresh/Soph

• Like 1

I have a question that someone asked in the other thread, but is Benke the big kid that played QB for the freshmen this year?  When we played that class the last few years and they had two Highlands teams, the other team had a kid who threw like 5 TDs against us in 8th grade.  Is he still at Highlands?  

24 minutes ago, uninformedexpert said:

I have a question that someone asked in the other thread, but is Benke the big kid that played QB for the freshmen this year?  When we played that class the last few years and they had two Highlands teams, the other team had a kid who threw like 5 TDs against us in 8th grade.  Is he still at Highlands?  

Brody Benke, is a current Fresh but played some JV this year.  He is big probably 6' 4" ish lanky and loves throwing the ball......don't know how gutsy the staff will be but it will be interesting if they throw him out wide to be a nice tall target for Noon and then when Noon graduates hand the keys to Brody....can Brody be patient to wait for the limelight his Sr year, since Noon is just a year older......I guess time will tell.  The silver lining is, as long as these 2 stay healthy QB is not a position HHS will have to worry about for the next 3 years at least!!!

GO BIRDS

• Like 1

Both QB need to develop in passing game.  Benke would have been better served to play and practice with JV last year.  They have a plethora of receivers including size.   I sure hope Spring helps.  I am a lot less concerned with offensive line and linebacker group.  Both strengths of the team.

4 minutes ago, Bird Bath said:

Both QB need to develop in passing game.  Benke would have been better served to play and practice with JV last year.  They have a plethora of receivers including size.   I sure hope Spring helps.  I am a lot less concerned with offensive line and linebacker group.  Both strengths of the team.

Agreed!!!  I think what I saw the most of this past season was drop pass after drop pass....now Noon wasn't perfect, but dang those receivers need to help a young kid (Soph) out and make catches that hit your hands.  I realize some might have been young receivers and maybe a loss of a Spring and Fall pre season hurt....so I will chalk it up to that, but next year, no excuses, Noon has his feet wet....NOW CATCH THE DANG BALLS!