Highlands - 2021 Schedule

I think this hire is great! when it comes to a potential starting lineup for the birds i for sure think It will be Noon at QB. Hosea and Ricter at RB. The o-line should not be a problem as they have Bowman, Bibb, And senior Kaleb Kissee. Im sure they have others to help the line out. Wideouts look good for the Birds. On the other side of the ball Hartmen will for sure be the leader of that D along with Sam Robinson. I like Adam Dunn too a lot at the secondary position. Lets not forget about those players on Jv last year though. Kids like Noah Hodge he can play saftey and linebacker, pretty sure he is the kid who got the 2 interceptions one being a pick 6 in that JV game last year against Cov Cath. Trevaughn Woods on the D-line and Carson Schalback. I think the Birds depth looks great for this new coach.  

36 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

Sorry if this was already mentioned before, but will Highlands be scrimmaging other teams or intersquad in the preseason?  Any insight into this and probable dates is appreciated.

I believe the schedule still has not been released.  It was based on other teams release and a few predictions which I believe would be accurate.  I have not heard a thing about scrimmages.  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, football analysis said:

I think this hire is great! when it comes to a potential starting lineup for the birds i for sure think It will be Noon at QB. Hosea and Ricter at RB. The o-line should not be a problem as they have Bowman, Bibb, And senior Kaleb Kissee. Im sure they have others to help the line out. Wideouts look good for the Birds. On the other side of the ball Hartmen will for sure be the leader of that D along with Sam Robinson. I like Adam Dunn too a lot at the secondary position. Lets not forget about those players on Jv last year though. Kids like Noah Hodge he can play saftey and linebacker, pretty sure he is the kid who got the 2 interceptions one being a pick 6 in that JV game last year against Cov Cath. Trevaughn Woods on the D-line and Carson Schalback. I think the Birds depth looks great for this new coach.  

I think you are not far off.  A few of those current Sophs will need to get in the weight room and add strength.  I see Hodge moving to secondary at least at the varsity level.  Dunn and Hodge have a nose for the ball and a nice mean streak.  They both are small.  Noon still has a lot of work in the passing game.  Hosea is another one that if comes back from injury could be a big contributor.  He runs hard downhill with a mission.  

11 hours ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

Add Male to the schedule. Scrimmage on Aug 6 per Male. And while we’re at it, Male is the “winningest program in Ky”.

Lets get to work on that boys!!! 

Yeah, that would be a good measuring stick. 

54 minutes ago, Bluebird99 said:

Male & HHS scrimmaged in 2019 & was cancelled for 2020 (obviously).  It was a good scrimmage.   Glad to see it stayed on the schedule.  

I think the more big programs we can get playing each other the better. 

• Like 4

I'm curious to see how the 1st day of Workouts went later tonight once Kids start sharing some things with their Parents. I'm hearing that the Fieldhouse was lit up at 6 a.m. this morning. Coach Sphire got into town late Sat and went right to work. Excited for the young Men in our town. We have a lot of work to do.....

Go Birds!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, THUNDERBIRDS said:

I'm curious to see how the 1st day of Workouts went later tonight once Kids start sharing some things with their Parents. I'm hearing that the Fieldhouse was lit up at 6 a.m. this morning. Coach Sphire got into town late Sat and went right to work. Excited for the young Men in our town. We have a lot of work to do.....

Go Birds!

I was told these thing.  Really nice turnout considering basketball, baseball and track going on right now.

• Like 1

Large numbers.  Great turnout playbook session in afternoon.  I heard Dowling, Dill, Reed, and Leopold, was there as well.  Quote from kid, Coach is older in great shape and enthusiastic with energy.  Showers before class leads to discipline.  WR/TE group will not leave until 50 reps with Jugs ball machine.  Great to see bball group and baseball group on sidelines listening as well.