Highlands - 2021 Schedule

18 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

The impression I have gotten is that the “entrenchment” in NCC or just a Catholic education is/was coming from Cam’s grandparents and now that he is back with his mom that isn’t necessarily the priority.

I will say that I know for a fact that Cam did NOT want to leave HHS in the first place and was adamant that it was not his choice. 

That’s interesting because he was literally telling kids at CCH right after the football game he wanted to make the switch.

also, from what I understand his grandparents have been his saving grace. Just hope it works out for the kid.

1 hour ago, WhiteCastle said:

That’s interesting because he was literally telling kids at CCH right after the football game he wanted to make the switch.

also, from what I understand his grandparents have been his saving grace. Just hope it works out for the kid.

I agree with you that I hope it works out for him and, in reality, his grandparents have probably saved him. I’m just relaying what I’ve been told. Like everything, the truth is probably in the middle. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, barrel said:

19 year olds have always been able to play against 15 year olds. There have been games with 13-14 year olds playing against 19 year olds. The reclassification didn’t change the age rule for the KHSAA. 

Yep you're correct but the experience did get affected by the rule change. Kids now can get a 5th year of meaningful HS Football. Playing up as a 8th grader doesn't count for me. For some it's a wash but there are a select few that it will make a Huge difference. But agree the age limit didn't change.

• Like 1

Can’t play up in HS football in the state of KY varsity wise. If you’re not a freshman you can’t be on a field with a jr or above. It’s the same with soccer. There are some HS that had parents start them in school young. They’ll enter their Sr at 16 and won’t turn 17 until part of the way into their Sr year. 

Now 4+ years of HS weight training, game experience (especially if your school makes playoff runs) and some other factors make a pretty big difference. Due to having possibly two off seasons jacked up from Covid might make that impact a little less but who knows. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2021 at 7:01 PM, Kenny Powers said:

I was told recently that Cam Giesler will be making his 2nd stop at HHS this fall. If true, that means he will have gone from HHS to CCH to NCC, and back to HHS all in the matter of a year.

I think he would have to sit out a year based on the fact that he played varsity football at CCH last season but I feel like every time I have a grasp on the KHSAA rules they either change or I’m wrong. 

How is Geisler doing in practice at Highlands? Everything I have heard is he is at NewCath.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

How is Geisler doing in practice at Highlands? Everything I have heard is he is at NewCath.

I never said he was practicing at Highlands. I simply stated that I was told he was coming back to HHS. I also stated that more than anything I hope the kids finds a home and stays there so he can grow into the player and person we all know he can be. Nothing more, nothing less.

Not sure if you are trying to "get me" or what point you are trying to make. 

Let’s move on.  Good time was had in Hoover and the boys are looking forward to EKU.  A couple of injuries holding a few out; but all are minor.  I think the program has looked good.  Plenty of work to do but the classes are meshing well.  It is nice to see Dunn take a leadership role in the secondary.  Sure glad he is back in action.  Benke and Harris adds size to the receiving core to the speedsters and hands group.  Props to the young guys as they are building depth and scoring in bunches on the other side of the 50.   Sorry still learning names but Cam Bottoms has thrown some seeds and young Hinegardner is going to be a player.   He has Jacob Brass moxie.  He can be called on now IMHO!  Stay away from injury bug.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bird Bath said:

Let’s move on.  Good time was had in Hoover and the boys are looking forward to EKU.  A couple of injuries holding a few out; but all are minor.  I think the program has looked good.  Plenty of work to do but the classes are meshing well.  It is nice to see Dunn take a leadership role in the secondary.  Sure glad he is back in action.  Benke and Harris adds size to the receiving core to the speedsters and hands group.  Props to the young guys as they are building depth and scoring in bunches on the other side of the 50.   Sorry still learning names but Cam Bottoms has thrown some seeds and young Hinegardner is going to be a player.   He has Jacob Brass moxie.  He can be called on now IMHO!  Stay away from injury bug.  

Davis Hinegardner is a player. I love to see Benke doing other things than QB; he’s a ridiculous athlete. I know you and I got into a debate not too long ago about this, and I fully respect your opinion,  don’t be surprised to see a lot of sophomores getting time this year. 

22 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Davis Hinegardner is a player. I love to see Benke doing other things than QB; he’s a ridiculous athlete. I know you and I got into a debate not too long ago about this, and I fully respect your opinion,  don’t be surprised to see a lot of sophomores getting time this year. 

Agreed!  It is a very strong class.  I see some depth for sure.   See Senior leaders that are all about team and the youngsters have bought in.  They are going to surprise some folks.  We just need to stay clear of the injury bug.  

Things have been somewhat quiet out of the Highlands camp so far. Is it a matter keeping things close to the vest, caution, being unsure of what to think or something else? On the streets I've heard optimism but I've also heard concerns.

39 minutes ago, Lions Paw said:

Things have been somewhat quiet out of the Highlands camp so far. Is it a matter keeping things close to the vest, caution, being unsure of what to think or something else? On the streets I've heard optimism but I've also heard concerns.

Maybe Highlands is just worried about getting back to being Highlands 1st.

• Haha 1