Highlands - 2021 Schedule

New coach. Opportunity to change something. Can we remove the six flags old guy song for after TDs?

Don’t worry I have the replacement song ready. “Surf’n Bird” by the trashmen.  
1. It has bird in it.
2. it’s fun.

3. it will really annoy the other team.

4 bird is the word. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

I was always told it was insecurity that someone wanted to take that job.  I know some very experienced former head coaches inquired about helping with very specific things and all were turned away.

3 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

I’ve known Coach Barre and his family since I was in diapers; awesome man and a great family (he raised two ridiculous athletes by the way). Really glad to see him (and hopefully more) welcomed back to the program. 

In terms of your question as to why the former HC wouldn’t let things like this happened, I believe there was a lot of paranoia and it unfortunately stripped the program of A LOT (I can’t stress how many!) of traditions that made the program

Birds had a blue and white scrimmage tonight. It was, unfortunately, cut short by weather.

I really love to see the use of TEs. Aidan Halpin and Eli LaFrange both had great catches out of the TE spot. 

I know the Birds split squads tonight, but I am really excited about the OL as a whole. Scott Turner (no surprise) has those boys playing well. Bibb and Kissee get it done. Add in Bowman once he is healthy and Ivan Roller, Schwalbach, etc. and we will see a tough OL. Love to see Hollan Schweitzer getting a lot of snaps while Bowman is getting healthy. He is another sophomore that is going to be a dude. 

Jake Welch is fast. And can catch. We should throw him the ball a lot. 

Brody Benke needs to be more involved. Whether it be at QB or WR, he needs touches. 

Matteo Matteoli needs more touches. 

It was good to see Cam Gielser on the sideline in Blue and White. I was told by numerous people on here that I was a doofus for thinking he was coming back to HHS... just wanna throw that out there. He greatly changes things for HHS.  

Really excited where Coach Sphire is moving the Birds. It might take a year or so but things are getting back to where they should be. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Birds had a blue and white scrimmage tonight. It was, unfortunately, cut short by weather.

I really love to see the use of TEs. Aidan Halpin and Eli LaFrange both had great catches out of the TE spot. 

I know the Birds split squads tonight, but I am really excited about the OL as a whole. Scott Turner (no surprise) has those boys playing well. Bibb and Kissee get it done. Add in Bowman once he is healthy and Ivan Roller, Schwalbach, etc. and we will see a tough OL. Love to see Hollan Schweitzer getting a lot of snaps while Bowman is getting healthy. He is another sophomore that is going to be a dude. 

Jake Welch is fast. And can catch. We should throw him the ball a lot. 

Brody Benke needs to be more involved. Whether it be at QB or WR, he needs touches. 

Matteo Matteoli needs more touches. 

It was good to see Cam Gielser on the sideline in Blue and White. I was told by numerous people on here that I was a doofus for thinking he was coming back to HHS... just wanna throw that out there. He greatly changes things for HHS.  

Really excited where Coach Sphire is moving the Birds. It might take a year or so but things are getting back to where they should be. 

• Like 1

From Facebook:

A “New Tradition Like No Other” The Bluebirds now pass through the Gymnasium Lobby past all 23 State championship Trophy’s before they take the Field. If this doesn’t give you Chills and get you Fired up for a game, then I don’t know what would! Go Birds! #1march

May be an image of one or more people, people standing and text that says 'HOME VISIT 45 HIGHLANDS 27'

• Like 2

On 8/14/2021 at 4:46 PM, theguru said:

From Facebook:

A “New Tradition Like No Other” The Bluebirds now pass through the Gymnasium Lobby past all 23 State championship Trophy’s before they take the Field. If this doesn’t give you Chills and get you Fired up for a game, then I don’t know what would! Go Birds! #1march

May be an image of one or more people, people standing and text that says 'HOME VISIT 45 HIGHLANDS 27'

What is the “big stick”? Been following Highlands football my whole life, never heard of it. Is that something the new coach brought in?