Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands vs Covington Catholic (9th Region Championship) Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 65 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Highlands
      30%
    • Covington Catholic
      69%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Big matchup on Tuesday night as the 28-3 Bluebirds take on the 28-5 Colonels in a championship rivalry bout. Who wins?

  • Replies 105
  • Views 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously the Colonels are the favorite, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the birds pull off the upset.

CovCath by 12.

 

Back! Get back under the sink with your Parker curse!

 

:lol2:

I think if Highlands can not be intimidated during the announcement of the starting lineups they may have a chance lol.

I think if Highlands can not be intimidated during the announcement of the starting lineups they may have a chance lol.

 

As I've said all season, CCH. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Colonels beat the Birds for the Freshman Championship. Birds JV took it to the Colonels in the JV Championship. Tomorrow the Varsity get to duke it out for basketball supremacy in Northern Kentucky.

I expect Neil Green to have a monster game. I don’t see anybody that can match him physically and that has his size.

I am guessing Delagrange will guard him. Physically it’s a good matchup but the height advantage goes to Green. Was very impressed with him tonight. He took over underneath and St. Henry couldn’t stop him.

If Highlands can hit 45-50% on threes, they have a chance. The three pointer is the key to victory for them. I expect CCH to use the same defensive game plan as last time - double team Vinson every time he touches the ball and make him give it up. Spread the floor with your 3 point shooters, find the open look and fire away.

I wonder what Listerman’s game plan will be to counter the double team. Do you let Vinson work without the ball and come off screens? Do you have him drive and kick out for the perimeter shot? If CovCath is allowed to double team him all night the chances of pulling off the win decrease greatly. Highlands has plenty of shooters they just have to hit them. I just hope it’s a hell of a game to see who goes to Rupp. Go Birds!

Edited by STPB
Spelling

I’ll take CovCath by 25-30, this region is chalk as we all thought.

Edited by nkucardsfan

I see a CCH game plan similar to last years Regional Final where CCH played a box and one on Draud. However, this time it will be Vinson. I think Highlands will struggle with CCH's size. I see a CCH 15 point win.

If CCH wins, they will be the first team since CCH 2004 to run the table in the 9th.

Key to this game is can Highlands get Vinson touches in space where he can find shooters, and can they make open shots.

 

It will be interesting to see what CC does with Haupman (sp?)? He played well last night, but they primarily played zone when he was in and St. Henry doesn't have the shooters Highlands does. If he is in and they play man, I would put him in as many ball screens as possible and see what happens there. Should be a very exciting, high intensity game. Go Birds!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.