Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

REALSPORT

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by REALSPORT

  1. I'm wondering if the sheer number of SEC teams hurt Louisville and some others. They try to avoid early match-ups with conference foes. Maybe they had to lower Louisville to avoid SEC vs SEC early. I dunno, just a thought.
  2. The committee must not put much weight into head-to-head match-ups. Louisville's 4-6 record in Quad 1 must have cost them. That said, I agree that they should have been closer to Clemson's seed. Clemson seems to be 1 seed too high and Louisville seems to be 1 seed too low.
  3. I get the frustration but it's apples and oranges when looking at the Bengals and Washington. Of course the Commanders can be aggressive in FA. Their QB is on a rookie deal. Also not sure how much better the Bills will be with Bosa and Ogunjobi. 5 years ago those guys would have made them better. Today, I'm not sure. It's been apparent that the Bengals D would be younger and cheaper this year. That's why they brought in Golden to try to develop them. I'm fine with that. On the O line, Becton is average in pass blocking so not a great fit. Jenkins would be awesome but he has about 3 or 4 other teams after him. I think they will sign someone and also use a 2nd round pick on a guard. As for the extension, they have to have cash to put in escrow for any guaranteed money/bonuses. Not sure the Bengals have cash to do that. I think TV revenue shares get dispersed in May or June. I don't think you will see extensions until after that. Joe didn't get extended until August last year. We just have to be patient.
  4. Curious on who you would have liked to see them pursue. I would have liked to see them get Laken Tomlinson. Of course, they may have tried but we don't know. Most of the signings other teams have made are the same old same old.
  5. You would swear that GRC has 7 or 8 on the floor. Great team, well coached. Good luck at Rupp.
  6. There are actually 3 types of tags. The media rarely says what type is used. Non-exclusive franchise tag The most common type of tag Allows a player to sign with another team if they offer a better contract The original team can match the offer or receive two first-round draft picks Exclusive franchise tag Prevents a player from negotiating with other teams Costs more than the non-exclusive tag Transition tag Similar to the non-exclusive tag, but the original team only has the right to match the offer If the original team doesn't match the offer, they receive no compensation when the player leaves
  7. I'm with Big Whit on this one. @AndrewWhitworth Why is everyone so dramatic ?? A player demands to be paid X. I don’t feel good about paying X. I say well I hold your rights. So if X will only make you happy. Go out there explore your real options. Come back to be with the number other teams are willing to pay you, while keeping in mind what you mean to me. So my compensation needs to be included. Now, we can have a full transparent conversation about your worth to them, to me, and maybe what it means to just stay. I mean… Seems transparent and logical answer to me.
  8. Michael has 2 years left on his rookie deal. With the injury to Erick All, I think the Bengals might kick the tires on a deal if this news is true. I believe Drew Sample has 1 year left on his deal so this would benefit the Bengals for 2 years at least. Mayer isn't going to bring the Raiders a 2nd round pick, but for a 4th or 5th rounder I would be interested.
  9. So Cappa, Rankins and apparently Hilton cut so far. Can Hubbard or Pratt be far behind? The money is there for a Higgins deal.
  10. I'm assuming that this is the tag where he can not negotiate with other teams. The Bengals must feel confident that they can get him signed. With the cuts they continue to make, they have the money to do so.
  11. It's been my understanding that coaches work on a year-by-year basis and are basically at-will employees who can be fired for any reason as long as it isn't discriminatory. Not sure what there is to "fight" other than getting your story out there to salvage your good name.
  12. Yes there was. A couple guys were just a bit premature. Good officiating to let it go in my opinion. As someone who had not seen either team play before last night, MoCo looked like the better team to me. There was a play with about 2 minutes left and GRC tried to press full court. The Indians advanced the ball the length of the court with all 5 guys touching it and the ball only touched the ground once. It was impressive. Cayden Reed really elevates that team.
  13. About as fair a draw as you could get. Brossart will be the favorite in the lower half but Montgomery or Bracken may have something to say there. The top half sets up a big battle of Friday night with GRC and Campbell. Good luck to all teams.
  14. I watched the NFHS feed. What was the cause of the GRC fans wanting a technical called near the end of the game?
  15. Wow. A great girls high school game. Good luck to both at regional.
  16. It looks like Paris broadcasts their games on NFHS, so if you have a subscription you may be able to watch this one. Not sure if tournament games are different.
  17. That was the first time I remember it happening and at the time the commentators said that it was illegal according to rules at the time. Also, I understand why the "Bush push" didn't catch on. Seems kinda dirty. ?
  18. A very good game and what tournament basketball is all about. Coach Pouncey will lose some good players but will have a nice team returning. These 3 teams, Scott, Brossart and Campbell Co will continue to battle it out next year.
  19. To follow up on my original post, this add-on appears to just be a rebranding of the old TVG networks. So this will only get you horse racing and not the network that carries the Reds games. If anyone has info to the contrary please let me know. More confusion and gets me back to square one. I'll have to pay $20 a month for a standalone FanDuel subscription instead of the $11 add-on.
  20. No reason debating a retraction. That ain't happening. As to why the B1G is entitled to 4 teams, well $$ for one but they have averaged 4 in the top 12 of the final rankings since Covid. That said, I believe they should leave it alone except maybe revisit who gets the byes.
  21. I think the Lady Stangs' goal in this one was emerging healthy. They went 2 of 20 from beyond the arc and only shot 2 FTs all game. That's not their usual game.
  22. Their '24 roster shows 28 non-seniors. No idea regarding experience.
  23. That new Simon Kenton coach just might be the real deal! ?
  24. If I am a college coach and was considering an offer to this kid, well, I ain't offering no more. The last thing I want is a parent like this on my team. Sorry kid.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.