Everything posted by Bud_Kilmer
-
Murray names Darren Bowling their new head football coach.
I stand corrected, he has actually won 6 state championships.
-
Murray names Darren Bowling their new head football coach.
This seems to be a slam dunk hire in my opinion. Coach Bowling has 4 state championhips under his belt at a small school. He came from Olive Branch, a very good 6a program in Mississippi playing great competition. I believe he will get things rolling at Murray. Good luck to him!
-
Open Job: Murray
I wonder if Gregory has applied? He seems like a great selection to me. Does anyone know if he has interest in coaching again?
-
Open Job: Madisonville-North Hopkins
This seems like a perplexing move. Lateral at best in my opinion. Must be a little more money and a little more freedom with the job. Also may have seen a down period with north.
-
Open Job: Madisonville-North Hopkins
Any word on where he is going?
-
Muhlenberg County vs. Highlands (Sweet 16® Round 1) Predictions/Updates
Im not sure I would be bored to be on any team that was 19-1. Winning trumps all at the end of the day.
-
Owensboro Catholic 71 Lyon County 47
hmmm
-
Open Job: Warren Central
I feel for Warren Central, I really do. To me it seems some big people in town changed the demographics and landscape of warren county schools and completley left warren central in shambles. There should be a lot more balance among schools there but they tipped the scales in a major way and not just athletics. Its just wrong.
-
Kentucky HS players at D1 colleges
Terry Taylor From Austin Peay may be the best of all. He played at bowling green and will a 2 time OVC player of the year.
-
Owensboro 28 Frederick Douglass 27
owensboro is really good and I am glad they won! I will make some enemies with the following comment and I accept that. Frederick Douglass is disappointing. The way I see it is Lexington was not happy they didnt have a big school contender. Insert FD. They have an influx of really good talent from the Lexington area. They are really talented and the rest of the Lexington public schools really suffer, especially last year. The stereotype of Lexington public schools is all flash and no discipline and grit. So FD has a ton of talent in the first year or two but realizes quickly they cant compete with Trinity, St. X, or Male. Somehow they bump down to 5A while the other Lex schools are 6A. They have as much if not more talent than anybody in the state but still don't win when it counts. Will they continue to drop down classes? I was very proud of Bryan Station and Dunbar this year! Hopefully Henry Clay, Lafayette and Tates Creek bounce back. I am glad we have Owensboro and Bowling Green in the fianls.
-
Elizabethtown vs. Ashland Predictions/Updates (3A State Championship)
Love this final!
-
Boyle County 55 Hopkinsville 0
Had a feeling this was coming. With all due respect, Hopkinsville isnt about this life!
-
Beechwood at West Carter Predictions/Updates (2A Semifinals)
Hergott is special!
-
Franklin County 20 Johnson Central 12
Very happy for Franklin County, they proved me wrong and im glad they did.
-
Frederick Douglass at Owensboro Predictions/Updates (5A Semifinals) ***Upset Alert***
NFHS owes refunds. The feed I tied to watch last week didnt work either.
-
Murray at Lexington Christian Academy Predictions/Updates (2A Semifinals)
I would definitley say that is the gameplan! It is an uphill battle but that can keep them in the game. Murray will need a good pass rush out of Lee and Lawrence!
-
Frederick Douglass at Owensboro Predictions/Updates (5A Semifinals) ***Upset Alert***
First of all I am for Owensboro and would love to see them win. I do really like the FD team as well and like a lot of their players. I just dont know how good they really are because of their schedule. I think top to bottom FD is just deeper and better. They have also played a lot tougher competition. It is at rash stadium and there is something to be said about that. There is also something to say about FD being a little up and down and possibly playing to level of their opponent. With that said i'll take FD. RD- 42 OHS- 31
-
Murray at Lexington Christian Academy Predictions/Updates (2A Semifinals)
Yeah the difference in beechwood and LCA is strength of district. Beechwood did play a very tough non district and performed well. Very good team! I thought Murray played a tough schedule picking up crittenden and Tilghman. I think they would beat PT if they played again. I say this a lot about Murray but I just hope they don’t turn the ball over and have crippling penalties and then let the chips fall where they may. They have been a pretty impressive team when they don’t do that and have still been able to overcome them and win games this year.
-
Murray at Lexington Christian Academy Predictions/Updates (2A Semifinals)
Pikeville and Somerset (twice) are the defending champions. Frederick Douglas, Dunbar, Williamsburg, are still in. Desales, Lex Cath and Danville are championship caliber programs. Im just saying that I think you would be hard pressed to find another small school with a tougher schedule with better results.
-
Franklin County at Johnson Central Predictions/Updates (4A Semifinals) ***Upset Alert***
I really like this Franklin County team and would like to see them win but JC is a machine and I don’t see them going down. JC - 35 FC - 20
-
Hopkinsville at Boyle County Predictions/Updates (4A Semifinals)
Boyle by a lot!
-
Murray at Lexington Christian Academy Predictions/Updates (2A Semifinals)
LCA has an unbelievably impressive resume. Everyone they have played is either still in the playoffs or a defending champion. Very impressive team! Murray just needs to go and let it all hangout and enjoy the moment. Don't be afraid to open it up if they need to.
-
Hopkinsville 14 John Hardin 10
Congrats Hoptown! The tigers' holding it down for western ky.
-
Murray at Lexington Christian Academy Predictions/Updates (2A Semifinals)
I would love to see Murray win but im just not sure. There is a scenario where they win by controlling the clock and not turning it over. It looks like LCA is dang good though. They have a very impressive resume. Metcalfe was the first bad team they played all year. I think LCA will win but ill support Murray as I have for the last few years.
-
Owensboro Catholic at Murray Predictions/Updates (Class 2A Playoffs)
Last time Murray was in the semis, they lost a very controversial game to Desales 14-7. A long touchdown was called back that shouldn’t have been and the officials served a suspension for the call.