Hopkinsville at Boyle County Predictions/Updates (4A Semifinals)

Who wins   

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Hopkinsville
    • Boyle County

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2020 at 12:00 AM

This 4A Semi-Final gives us 2 programs with a lot of football history. Let’s take a look at each squad starting with host Boyle. 

Boyle County (9-0)

Offense (through 9 games)

43.4 Points per game 

401.5 yards per game

211.5 passing 

190 Rushing 

Key offensive players

QB Jagger Gillis 1637 yards passing 22 TD 1 INT. Also has 10 rushing TD. 

RB Will McDaniel 1008 total yards 19 TD 

WR Luke Sheperson 504 yards 6 TD 

WR Cole Lanter 500 yards 8 TD 

Defense 

9.2 Ppg 

157.3 yards per game

118.1 passing 

39.2 rushing 

14 turnovers forced 

Key Defensive Players 

Tommy Zeismer 40 tackles 13 TFL 6 sacks 

Coleman Clark 39 tackles 10 TFL 7 sacks 

Keys to winning 

Limit self inflicted errors

Don’t allow the big play 

Keep Reece Jesse in front of the secondary

Hopkinsville (7-2) 

Offense (stats through 8 games)

26.3 ppg 

243.3 yards per game 

123.7 passing 

119.66 rushing 

Key offensive players 

QB Trayvon Jefferson 1114 yards 15 TD 6 INT. 2 Rushing TD as well

WR Reece Jesse 591 yards 6 TD 

RB Jayden Dillard 550 yards 6 TD 

Defense 

16.3 ppg

231.6 yards per

78.1 passing 

153.5 rushing 

14 turnovers forced 

Key defensive players 

Ventrall Baker 37 tackles, 5 TFL, 1 sack

Dejuan Mercer 3 INT 

Tahj Manning 4 sacks 

Keys to winning 

Keep Boyle O off the field 

No turnovers 

Don’t get behind the chains. 

image.thumb.png.22690046824977b4cf78e28199b30886.png

Hopkinsville, after having unforeseen losses to Calloway County and Logan County earlier in the year, has really found traction now, avenged those earlier losses and is playing very good football right now.

I picked Hoptown to come to this point and think its a very good accomplishment.  But going to Danville to play a team focused on getting back to Lexington to avenge their own loss from last season seems too much here.

I like Boyle County in this game by 3 scores, but could see the game tight into the 3rd quarter.

• Like 1

I believe Boyle is the definite favorite, but Hopkinsville has the athletes and I believe matches up with Boyle’s strengths fairly well. 

I believe this game will be an under the radar game that could be tight into the 4th quarter. 

I’ll go

Boyle 35 

Hopkinsville 21

9 hours ago, Big Things Kentucky said:

Did the Lexington Catholic game show some flaws in the Boyle Armor? 

I think it showed you can pass on them. 

In my opinion this is what last years Boyle team needed.  Someone to push them around and challenge them before State and show them where they need work.   

Other than Franklin County, no one left can pass the ball like Catholic.  Hopkinsville will not score on Boyle like the Knights did and I will say it Johnson Central can't because of their ground and pound game eating clock.  Franklin County would be a shoot out!     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebel said:

I think it showed you can pass on them. 

In my opinion this is what last years Boyle team needed.  Someone to push them around and challenge them before State and show them where they need work.   

Other than Franklin County, no one left can pass the ball like Catholic.  Hopkinsville will not score on Boyle like the Knights did and I will say it Johnson Central can't because of their ground and pound game eating clock.  Franklin County would be a shoot out!     

Hopkinsville can’t pass the ball? They have a power 5 WR in Reece Jesse and a big time sophomore WR in Daisjaun Mercer. They may not score as much but saying they cannot pass the football is pretty inaccurate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WKY_Football said:

Hopkinsville can’t pass the ball? They have a power 5 WR in Reece Jesse and a big time sophomore WR in Daisjaun Mercer. They may not score as much but saying they cannot pass the football is pretty inaccurate. 

He said can’t pass the ball like Lex Cath. Not that they can’t pass at all. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WKY_Football said:

7 hours ago, Rebel said:

I feel my post is 100% accurate.  Hopkinsville will not and I repeat will not put 402 yards in the air against Boyle County with no interceptions like Lexington Catholic. 

3 hours ago, Rebel said:

I feel my post is 100% accurate.  Hopkinsville will not and I repeat will not put 402 yards in the air against Boyle County with no interceptions like Lexington Catholic. 

NFL & college teams have trouble doing that. That’s an impressive stat line. 

No one has brought out the fact that Boyle had two key players on the sidelines with injury during the 4th quarter of the Lex Cath. game out of their secondary. A freshman defensive back played the entire 4th quarter. Those players are back and healthy. 

• Like 1