Murray names Darren Bowling their new head football coach.

This seems to be a slam dunk hire in my opinion. Coach Bowling has 4 state championhips under his belt at a small school. He came from Olive Branch, a very good 6a program in Mississippi playing great competition. I believe he will get things rolling at Murray. Good luck to him!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

To keep it real for everyone. Coach Bowling won a state championship at Union City in 2017. They were beaten that year by Mayfield 41-0.

Wait until everybody finds out he is an old school Power Football Coach!!!    He's the Anti Spread guy!!  Double TEs , Veer & run the ball 90% of the  time!  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CoachHB said:

Wait until everybody finds out he is an old school Power Football Coach!!!    He's the Anti Spread guy!!  Double TEs , Veer & run the ball 90% of the  time!  

True. Triple option offense.

He does run a 4-2-5 defense, which I like in today's game.

Most of the time the flexbone does not use two TE's but I could be wrong. Definiltely will read one or multiple players on every play. Hopefully he will utilize some RPO's and play action more than Duncan did. Bowling's offense will be much more complex than anything Duncan ever did though.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bud_Kilmer said:

Most of the time the flexbone does not use two TE's but I could be wrong. Definiltely will read one or multiple players on every play. Hopefully he will utilize some RPO's and play action more than Duncan did. Bowling's offense will be much more complex than anything Duncan ever did though.

Coach Kilmer...if I recall from your little exchange with Mox at practice, you seem to be more of a Power-I guy yourself, correct?

1 hour ago, Bud_Kilmer said:

When running a double wing/flex bone offense.  Murray has been here before.  From 2008-2013, Coach Steve Duncan coach the Tigers running a similar offense.  His tenure brought a hard nose, blue collar offense similar to what Coach Bowling is accustomed to.  Murray was 63-16 (8-4,12-1,12-1,12-2,10-3,9-5) during those seasons with a couple semi state games. 

I agree with Bud_Kilmer. Coach Bowling needs to take advantage of the skill players he has on hand.  This year's skill group looked to be better than what they had last year.  Hope he gets buying from everyone on day 1.

4 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Coach Kilmer...if I recall from your little exchange with Mox at practice, you seem to be more of a Power-I guy yourself, correct?

Absolutely! Mox ruined my career trying all that razzle dazzle crap. Now I’m retired and watch high school football and think about how much better I can coach vs other guys.

• Haha 1