Footballmania

Open Job: Warren Central

1 minute ago, Footballmania said:

Warren Central has came open again!

Welcome to BGP @Footballmania!

Warren Central football currently has a streak of 52 straight losses. Their last win came back in October of 2015.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Warren Central football currently has a streak of 52 straight losses. Their last win came back in October of 2015.

So hard to believe for an old guy, at one time WC had one of the top football programs in Kentucky. 

• Like 8

New school meets changing demographics meets changing mindsets meets bad decisions. And here we are. Given the situation when Fowler was hired, he was a good choice for the job, but remains the latest in a disappointing run of coaches who weren’t there long. At this rate, Central may never recover from the decision to hire and fire Howard Feggins in 2014, which I feel was the decision that kicked this problem off, and the decision to do the same with Clay Stephens in 2015. Firing Stepehens in 2016 after one season (in MAY no less) remains hands down the dumbest decision I’ve seen an administration make. They haven’t won since. 

I don’t imagine Central is going to be rolling in candidates for this position. Unless they get some surprisingly good and experienced candidates, I think we’re now at the point that they need to start using the low FBS playbook - hire someone young and fresh, hope you catch lightning in a bottle. And schedule WINS. Absolutely anywhere you can get them. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

New school meets changing demographics meets changing mindsets meets bad decisions. And here we are. Given the situation when Fowler was hired, he was a good choice for the job, but remains the latest in a disappointing run of coaches who weren’t there long. At this rate, Central may never recover from the decision to hire and fire Howard Feggins in 2014, which I feel was the decision that kicked this problem off, and the decision to do the same with Clay Stephens in 2015. Firing Stepehens in 2016 after one season (in MAY no less) remains hands down the dumbest decision I’ve seen an administration make. They haven’t won since. 

I don’t imagine Central is going to be rolling in candidates for this position. Unless they get some surprisingly good and experienced candidates, I think we’re now at the point that they need to start using the low FBS playbook - hire someone young and fresh, hope you catch lightning in a bottle. And schedule WINS. Absolutely anywhere you can get them. 

I Coach Fowler was definitely a good hire but just in a bad situation. He will definitely land on his feet pretty quick. I think they should go get a young coach who will come in and hopefully take things in a different direction. But IMO based on the athletes and facilities they will more than a fair share of applicants for this job!   

• Like 3

I feel for Warren Central, I really do. To me it seems some big people in town changed the demographics and landscape of warren county schools and completley left warren central in shambles. There should be a lot more balance among schools there but they tipped the scales in a major way and not just athletics. Its just wrong.

• Like 4

I think they need to help themselves with scheduling. I understand you have to play who’s in your district but every other game on their schedule should be a game they can compete in. I realize this may make some people mad that want the BG schools to play each other but I wouldn’t play any of them unless they were in my district. 

• Like 2

It's a bit unbelievable how Warren Central has fallen. I remember playing against them in 2003 when they had Lonnell Dewalt. They had some dudes on that team. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

I think they need to help themselves with scheduling. I understand you have to play who’s in your district but every other game on their schedule should be a game they can compete in. I realize this may make some people mad that want the BG schools to play each other but I wouldn’t play any of them unless they were in my district. 

I hate that the Dragons are on such a down streak.  They were always such a touch team when I was growing up.  I am pulling for them.  Tkinslow, your post is solid here, but WC can't worry about making people mad; they need to do what South Warren did and schedule only teams they have a chance to beat.  That's how you come back.  Don't schedule BG and South Warren; than won't help right now.  Good luck Dragons!

• Like 2

It would be good for Kentucky high school football if Warren Central could get back to winning. For the sake of those kids and the school spirit in general. 

• Like 3

What type of candidate would take this job? Fowler was a great hire but it will take some time to get this going in the right direction?

On 2/4/2021 at 12:06 PM, DragonFire said:

Great post. From what I’ve heard in Southern Kentucky, they have a middle school Head Football Coach who came over from Bowling Green High this past summer. He served under Kevin Wallace & Mark Spader as Special Teams Coordinator. He also served as the Head Coach for BGHS Track and Field. They say he is a young and passionate leader on and off the field. If this is true, Warren Central may not have to look too far to find their guy. 

On 2/5/2021 at 10:36 AM, Tkinslow said:

Agree. They didn’t play Bowling Green or South Warren last year. This helped them gain some ground as far as competing goes. They may need to remove  Greenwood as well. If they could schedule better on the varsity level and put together a JV & Freshman/Sophomore schedule for the next few years this program can make some serious strides. 

Their middle school program has had some success in the past. Their coach who left for South Warren this past summer, made some great progress while there. The new guy they brought in has done the same. It seems as if they have a solid feeder system, they must fight to keep their kids away from BG, SW, GW and WE. Right now they have been picked a part by these programs.

If Warren Central figures out a way to win and keep their kids, they will have no problems fighting their way back to the top. 

Go Dragons!

• Like 3