Everything posted by Bud_Kilmer
-
Is Paducah-Tilghman Without An Offensive Coordinator?
You are right, consistently produce the most talent in region 1 but produce the most inconsistent results.
-
Best way to change playoff system?
ATL my language is probably a little strong there. I am just in favor in a tougher and more competitive playoff format than exist now.
-
Mayfield vs. Murray
I watch these programs from a far and the differences are interesting. There is no denying that Mayfield has established dominance over Murray and every other program in the area for that matter. I am interested to get a Mayfield point of view because there is no shortage of you bloggers. To me there is no advantage that Mayfield has over Murray as far as resources or talent. To me the difference has been coaching consistency over many years and the establishment of culture. I think Murray suffered a little under Fishers leadership and that creates a lot of the bad blood Mayfield and Murray feel towards one another. Since Fisher left I think Murray has had good men coaching the team but each had their flaws stemming from being to conservative or not having an identity. Murray really needs coaching leadership that is going to establish an identity and a culture that will be consistent for years. Only then can they close the large gap that exist between the two schools which should not be that big.
-
Best way to change playoff system?
This is not an easy question to answer. But I think it was a mistake for KY to go to 6 classes. There should never be a situation where virtually everyone makes the playoffs and I am not in favor of bye's. You should have to play 15 to win and I would want to. But there are not many elite programs in this state so it is set up for programs like Mayfield, Belfry, Bowling Green, Highlands Trinity to win 20 championships in a row. Those programs dont even get challenged until maybe the 4th round if at all. To win championships you should have to play 5 brutally tough games in a row. and that just hasnt been the case.
-
Mayfield vs. Murray
Murray 8th grade beat Mayfield this year. I am told they are undefeated.
-
Mayfield vs. Murray
Murray lost a lot of great talent from the past couple of years. They have run into a major down year. It sounds as if they have some great young groups at the freshmen and 8th grade level. Should be a fun team to watch in a couple of years.
-
Best Stadium Atmospheres
Several neat stadiums around the state. I prefer older traditional stadiums with great atmosphere. I hate having tracks around a football field. Just to name a few of the greats: Rash Stadium Owensboro, Rhea Sradium Russellville, Putnam Stadium Ashland, War Memorial Mayfield, Ty Holland Murray. Several neat stadiums cut into the mountains in Eastern KY as well.
-
4A #3 South Warren at 4A #4 Franklin-Simpson
Special season in store FS. Give me the wildcats 28-21.
-
Corbin - Mayfield Predictions
Very interesting game that Im glad is being played. Something tells me that Mayfield will take its one and only loss here on Friday.
-
Mayfield vs. Graves County Predictions
Nothing is slowing down Mayfield for a while. I just hope they get challenged before the fourth round of the playoffs.
-
4A #5 Hopkinsville vs. 5A #2 Christian County Predictions
Saw a highlight reel from this game last year and the stadium was half full. I just dont understand why these teams that are so talented a tradition rich don't draw crowds to the game.:idunno:
- Western Kentucky Regional Contest (Week #5) - Sponsored by WKYB-FM 107.5
-
Best of the Bluegrass: Week 4-of-11 (Sept. 9 Weekend)
Demond Johnson (Muhlenberg) 30 carries for 321 yards and 2 TD's vs Mclean Co.
-
Could Mayfield hang with Trinity or Male?
The answer is no, but I guarantee you every single one of those kids in red thinks they would go in to that game and win.
-
Bowling Green/Owensboro Predictions
Bowling Green- 56 Owensboro- 14
-
5A #2 Christian County at 3A Fort Campbell
Video game offensive numbers on the way for the Colonels.
-
Corbin/Danville predictions
Give me Danville, I really hope its their year.
-
"Tech Factor" In High School Football - The Have's and The Have Not's
It is very neat and useful technology. It should be an affordable option for most programs willing to fund raise for it. Things have changed a lot since my days at West Canaan. I would have won a lot more district titles with this.
-
Best Running Backs in Western Kentucky?
1. Jamale Carothers (no debate) 2. Landon Board 3. Trajon Bright Honorable Mention: Vonn Williams, Johnny Drumgole, Andrew Pajor, Trequan Taylor, Saul Brady, Josiah Robey, Willie Reynolds, Kayron Namvong, Javonte Riley, Demond Johnson.
-
Best Lineman In Western Kentucky
Cole Kirby is the best. Really like Tooley, Phillips, and Whipple as well.
-
Best Quarterback in Western Kentucky
A kid that will get no recognition is Hunter Combs from Muhlenberg. He is absolutely one of the best players in WKY. His stats and ability speak for themselves. You can argue he is a rb playing qb but his passing and rushing ability is outstanding. Great player to watch on friday nights.
-
Best Quarterback in Western Kentucky
I am forming my list on ability and talent alone. There is nobody on this list that is as good as a Lance Harbor but there is a few as good as Moxon. 1. Rex Henderson 2. Kolbe Langhi 3. Clark Payne 4. Cash Jones 5. Jalen Johnson 6. Landon Arnett. Everyone of these QB's plays for a top notch program except Rex. Im telling you when you consider size, arm strength, accuracy, leadership, football IQ, running ability and everything alse Rex is the best. If he played for one of those other programs he would be hands down 1. Elijah Sindelar is still the best i've seen from WKY.
- Western Kentucky Regional Contest (Week #4) - Sponsored by WKYB-FM 107.5
-
McCracken County vs. Mayfield predictions
This is definitely becoming the premier matchup in the 1st region every year. I think McCracken is really rolling right now scoring the football. Mayfield is Mayfield and will make this a battle. In the end, McCracken 35 Mayfield 24.
-
St. Xavier @ Bowling Green 9/2
BG is set up for a very special year however X is still X and this will be a great game. I like BG 28-17 with them pulling it out late.