Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Stadium Atmospheres

Featured Replies

On Friday Night, I went to the fantastic game between Franklin-Simpson and South Warren. One thing that sticks out to me from that game is how involved and loud the crowd was. Shadetree Stadium was close to a sellout and when FS scored the game winner, the crowd was as loud as I've ever seen a High School stadium get. Has there been any games that stick out to you where the crowd was loud and crazy as that?

I really enjoyed the atmosphere at Ashland

Dayton is cool experience for small schools. Ashland probably takes it. Putnam Stadium is just wow

When Russellville is rolling old Rhea Stadium rocks.

Elder's Pit. Also big split the pot potential!

Elder's Pit. Also big split the pot potential!

 

I've heard 5K is possible for some games.

Nothing better than David Cecil when it was packed along with the cannon!!!

It would be hard to beat Putnam Stadium if you catch the right game. Outside of the fact that it's a true horseshoe with equal seating on both sides and a capacity somewhere between 5500-6000, it's nestled right in the middle of a large residential area in South Ashland. In the past I've seen the place so packed that basically every seat was taken and the walkways above the stands were lined with people as well as the large area in front of the center concession stand/main entrance pavilion.

 

I'm slightly bias but even if I put that aside, Putnam would still be the best atmosphere I've ever seen in this state. That said, someone mentioned Elder earlier and I have been to the pit once with my stepfather. The Pitt is the best atmosphere that I've ever seen in high school. Beautiful old stadium that is like a larger Putnam Stadium in terms of size and design.

I remember games at Henderson County when Chris Lamar and Will Fidler were there were some of the loudest crowds I can remember.

I think Mayfield is hard to beat and yes I maybe biased but the huge crowds for big games coupled with the end zone tailgating like one does on a Saturday at colleges make this a unique experience

I've been to a lot of stadiums in the state, and IMO, there is nothing better than Putnam Stadium when Raceland, Ironton, Russell and Boyd Co come in and play the CATS!!! People park blocks away walking through residential areas, through someone's lawn, and smelling the tailgater's feast as they enter the stadium. Great place.

Several neat stadiums around the state. I prefer older traditional stadiums with great atmosphere. I hate having tracks around a football field. Just to name a few of the greats: Rash Stadium Owensboro, Rhea Sradium Russellville, Putnam Stadium Ashland, War Memorial Mayfield, Ty Holland Murray. Several neat stadiums cut into the mountains in Eastern KY as well.

As far as Eastern Kentucky goes, it's Ashland's Putnam Stadium hands down.

I've been to a lot of stadiums in the state, and IMO, there is nothing better than Putnam Stadium when Raceland, Ironton, Russell and Boyd Co come in and play the CATS!!! People park blocks away walking through residential areas, through someone's lawn, and smelling the tailgater's feast as they enter the stadium. Great place.

Putnam hands down and I'm a lot biased. Last years Ashland-Johnson Central game both undefeated was as good of an atmosphere as I've seen their in awhile. Tank Stadium is also a close 2nd but is in Ohio.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.