Best Running Backs in Western Kentucky?

Quickasacat

I agree! Jamale Carothers!!! @Purple88 Who would be some other RB's that would make your top ten in this early season?

I myself love the Big BOYS that make the way for the little guys. Without the BIG BOYS they don't go anywhere. Make sure you hit up my Thread and tell me about the big boys that have been impressive in this early season.

@fastaslightin, this is a tough area, but my Top 10 would include (not necessarily in this order but as a group):

Jamale Carothers - Bowling Green

Trajan Bright - Mayfield

Landon Board - Owensboro

Kayron Namvong - South Warren

Saul Brady - Franklin Simpson

Johnny Drumgole - Russellville

Willie Reynolds - Greenwood

Vonn Miller - OCATH

Trequan Taylor - Christian County

Trayjan Bradley - Glasgow

I may not be giving enough credit to some of the lesser known teams, but IMO the reason they are lesser known is that they don't have the caliber players listed above.

How about stats to support the Bright vs. Carothers opinions?

Coach,

For this season, keeping in mind both young men haven't played all the quarters because their teams are both good:

Jamale Carothers: 3 games

Rushing: 43 carries for 241 yards; 5 TDs at 80/yards a game

Receiving: 15 catches for 277 yards and 5 TDs at 92/yards a game

Trajan Bright: 3 games

Rushing: 60 carries for 589 yards and 9 TDs at 196 yards/game

Receiving: 4 catches for 29 yards and 0 TDs.

Both are excellent and both fan bases should enjoy every snap because these type players are rare indeed!

Coach,

For this season, keeping in mind both young men haven't played all the quarters because their teams are both good:

Jamale Carothers: 3 games

Rushing: 43 carries for 241 yards; 5 TDs at 80/yards a game

Receiving: 15 catches for 277 yards and 5 TDs at 92/yards a game

Trajan Bright: 3 games

Rushing: 60 carries for 589 yards and 9 TDs at 196 yards/game

Receiving: 4 catches for 29 yards and 0 TDs.

Both are excellent and both fan bases should enjoy every snap because these type players are rare indeed!

Thanks for these very impressive stats. Sound like Hilltopper material? Any D1 offers you know about?

Carothers and Bright.....them 2 are in a league of their own. I don't think whoever u wanna put in 3rd place even gets close. I'm a big Carothers fan but I've only seen tape, I'll get to see him in real speed late October. I've seen bright do some amazing things....2 years ago as a sophmore he drug 5 Mustang defenders for about 10 yards....ran the next 10 yards backwards.....then turned around and finished the run with a score. He's truly amazing especially at his size. I think he means more to his team's success than any back in the state.....on the other hand Carothers seems just as important an impressive... Not to mention they don't hand out scholarships to the Naval Academy to just anyone......so I'll give the future midshipman the slight edge with Trajan a close close 2nd.

Thanks for these very impressive stats. Sound like Hilltopper material? Any D1 offers you know about?

Coach, I have had the good fortune to speak with Mr Carothers previously. He's one of the nicest kids you'd ever want to meet. I have not had the good fortune to speak with Mr. Bright but feel he would be the exact same way.

Jamale has committed to the Naval Academy and appears to be a great match.

I am not in the know on Trajan, but would LOVE for WKU to sign him as he can clearly play football!

I'm nominating Saul Josiah Brady Robey

31 Carries 570 Yards 7 TDs 18.5 yards/rush:clap:

Josiah Robey's all purpose yardage is pretty impressive:

537 Yards rushing, receiving, KO returns and Punt returns. There are some punt returns not included.

Coach, I have had the good fortune to speak with Mr Carothers previously. He's one of the nicest kids you'd ever want to meet. I have not had the good fortune to speak with Mr. Bright but feel he would be the exact same way.

Jamale has committed to the Naval Academy and appears to be a great match.

I am not in the know on Trajan, but would LOVE for WKU to sign him as he can clearly play football!

Said just about everything I need to know that Jamale Carothers is a quality young man. These kind of young men bring delight and smiles to our generation to know that there are future leaders leaving deep footprints in all their endeavors.