Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4A #3 South Warren at 4A #4 Franklin-Simpson

Who wins this matchup? 32 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

    • South Warren
      31%
    • Franklin-Simpson
      68%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

All the "in" people of these great programs let us have it. Tell us what you know and what you expect.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FS is moving the ball very well, mostly running but passing more this year. Had over 400 yards offense against Greenwood but stalled out in the red zone a couple of times. Defense has played extremely well in every game except in the 4th quarter against the Gators, due at least partly to fatigue from players going both ways vs. Greenwood platooning. Early false starts against Greenwood and 2 fumbles against Caldwell Co. kept FS from having bigger early leads in those games. FS has had very few significant injuries so far this year, they were plagued badly with them late last season.

 

Saw South Warren play Monroe Co. in the Rafferty's Bowl, and while their defense was still very good it was not as good as last year's. However, the Spartans offense seemed a little bit better than last year's and that was without Namvong at running back for that game. Their passing game impressed me as did QB Litten's running. SW has not been as fortunate as FS in the injury department, to say the least.

 

I think the SW coaching staff will come up with some things to help make up for the players they may not have in this game, and I expect FS to try to shorten the game by running the ball IF they can sustain the running game this year. I think FS has the talent and experience to match up with SW this year, even if the Spartans were at full strength. I'll pick FS 21-14.

SW desamated by injuries even if the players injured play they will not be close to 100%.the only thing that will keep game close is coaching and the will to win by the players .still a huge task for SW to even stay close

This is going to be a grinder.

  • Author
SW desamated by injuries even if the players injured play they will not be close to 100%.the only thing that will keep game close is coaching and the will to win by the players .still a huge task for SW to even stay close

Both teams have great coaches that's for sure. I hope your boys get healthy.

  • Author

FS wins 24-7. FS defensive line will dominate, the linebackers stop the middle and the ends will contain. FS has a great offense with great running backs, but the defense will be the difference. Call me crazy, but I really like what I see from this FS team.

I'm not taking anything away from a great SW team, but I think this is FS year.

Franklin has home field but I think SW has faced tougher competition thus far.

 

I expect a very competitive game that is far from decided entering the 4th quarter.

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 10

Predicted this type of start for Franklin-Simpson from the onset.....not changing now. South Warren is quality no doubt....but I do believe FS will get the victory at home. Program is definitely moving in the right direction under Preston.

As y'all probably know, the biggest game in 4A this week (and arguably the entire season) will be happening in Franklin, Ky as the Wildcats take on a injury ridden, but still very good South Warren team. Whats some expectations and predictions do you have about this fantastic game this friday?

My prediction is that as I type this miracles are occurring in Richpond and the Spartans will roll into Shadetree Stadium at full strength.

Who would have thought back in the day that there would be miracles in Richpond and exist a hotbed of football talent, among other sports as well. The Woodburn, Richpond and Rockfield area has always had talent but adding the area North of 242 has definitely helped.

Everyone in 4A will be following the action. Winner will be crowned as favorite to win 4A. Winner will also get home field advantage in region 1 final. Yes my prediction is they will play again.

FS wins 28-14 and I would agree with macdon that South Warren will have all their players nearly 100% and available Friday night.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.