Guest BluegrassQB

McCracken County vs. Mayfield  

58 members have voted

1. 1. McCracken County vs. Mayfield

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like McCracken in what I hope is another great close game. I'll admit that we got lucky last year, MF penalties late in the game helped us alot. I feel McCracken is better than last year but I'm sure MF is too. So much respect for the Cardinals and this is the ONLY week of the year I don't pull for them!!

I like McCracken in what I hope is another great close game. I'll admit that we got lucky last year, MF penalties late in the game helped us alot. I feel McCracken is better than last year but I'm sure MF is too. So much respect for the Cardinals and this is the ONLY week of the year I don't pull for them!!

Great post.

Despite the final score, I thought McCracken's offense looked good in their scrimmage at Trinity. The QB is a very good passer, they have a big and speedy receiver and they run a lot of sets with motion and multiple wide-outs. They go hurry-up and no huddle, and don't mess it up. I was also impressed with their discipline and their overall coaching. Mayfield can probably answer all these qualities, or have superior ones in different areas (Bright), but I suspect the difference might very well be the inherent difference between 2A and 6A. Therefore, my quite uneducated opinion is that McC. will prevail in a close one.

It was 31-31 heading into OT a year ago. I think MF's offense is ahead of where they were at this point last season. Defense is better as well . Special teams are a work in progress, but getting better. Mix it all together, throw in some of the randomness of hs football (turnovers, stupid penalties, mixed PATs, etc), sprinkle on some great coaching and voila... MF 34, MC 31 in another gut wrencher.

One advantage for McCracken is their #'s. Last year you could see Mayfield was spent with a lot of players playing both ways. McCracken doesn't play both ways with the exception of situational players with Q. Jones & Daniel. McCracken's ability to sub more will wear down Mayfield. They're tough hard nosed players, but McCracken is capable of sustaining drives that I believe will be the x factor if they get the lead & tire the Mayfield defense.

One advantage for McCracken is their #'s. Last year you could see Mayfield was spent with a lot of players playing both ways. McCracken doesn't play both ways with the exception of situational players with Q. Jones & Daniel. McCracken's ability to sub more will wear down Mayfield. They're tough hard nosed players, but McCracken is capable of sustaining drives that I believe will be the x factor if they get the lead & tire the Mayfield defense.

I don't know, I think that every year about Mayfield (fatigue) and they're always there in the fourth quarter (and OT). The Mustangs must contain Bright but can't sleep on the passing game either. Key will be the McCracken defense, Is it as good as it looked in the first three games? Otherwise expect another close shootout.

I went and watched the McCracken/Tilghman game and am amazed at how different Tilghman looked from that game to the Mayfield game. Maybe at some point in my life I will just remember that these are kids that play these games, and their effort and performance can vary greatly.

Anyway, McCracken was chanting in the Tilghman game "we want Mayfield." Kinda proud that we mean so much to them.

I think this will be a tight game, but I also believe we have the most talented player on the field, Trajon Bright. So I will go with Mayfield 35-31.

GO BIG RED!