Guest BluegrassQB

McCracken County vs. Mayfield  

58 members have voted

1. 1. McCracken County vs. Mayfield

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Anyway, McCracken was chanting in the Tilghman game "we want Mayfield." Kinda proud that we mean so much to them.

GO BIG RED!

Heck, you've earned it! As someone said, Mayfield is probably pound-for-pound the top program in the state. No matter the classification, it's always a big game when you play Mayfield.

One of the best games in the State this week! Mayfield at some point will look to establish Bright. If this proves difficult for the Cardinals, then perhaps a little swing pass or 2 could be just as effective along with the play action game would think could be very effective. For McCracken, I think if Cash Jones has time he will find open receivers, as both are playing well.

For Mayfield D, I would think mixing it up would be important to not let Cash get comfortable and show different looks at the receivers as well. The McCracken D has to make sure Bright doesn't beat them by himself because he can. Then there is special teams always good for a significant game changer.

My gut tells me to go Mayfield 35-34 in this one.

Late in the 1st half vs Tilghman, 3 games ago, McCracken was chanting "we want Mayfield" and did it several times throughout the 2nd half. Glad to see that they look forward to playing us.

As everyone knows this one has been a dandy in all 3 match ups and I think this one will be no different. I feel like if we can control the line of scrimmage and not give Jones all day to throw then I like our chances.

It makes you feel good when you have a big 6A school chanting your name looking forward to playing you. I'm gonna say we walk away with the W. Mayfield 35-31

2 very good teams but at this point I think MF is still working through some areas. I think its McCracken Counties to lose. Don't get me wrong, this MF team is very talented I am just seeing some areas where we are still a work in progress. Also the forecast looks more favorable to MC with the heat. That said I must add that you never ever count MF out and I hope that I have to choke on this post

I think everyone in western ky if not the whole state knows how tough MF is....6a or 1a doesn't matter. I'm not sure if it was students, players or parents chanting we want MF but either way stuff like that happens and you should feel good because you truly are a big deal. By far in my eyes the representative of HS football from this side of the state with not only ur great record but numerous RINGS. At the end of the day these McCracken kids are still just Lone Oak, Heath and reidland......and a win over MF is very rare for any of those schools. Maybe in 10 years when they are an established 6a program then I can see the chants being a little ridiculous....but even then I will count a win over Lil old 2a Mayfield as one of the highlights of the regular season. Im taking McCracken again but it won't surprise me either way it goes, I just hope it's another instant classic like the last 3. But like I said I wouldn't look to far into kids or fans hyping their self up with chants....because anyone from this area who knows anything about football knows what Mayfield is about. And I guarantee you that whether theyes show it or not they respect them as much if not more than you any team on the schedule.

I think everyone in western ky if not the whole state knows how tough MF is....6a or 1a doesn't matter. I'm not sure if it was students, players or parents chanting we want MF but either way stuff like that happens and you should feel good because you truly are a big deal. By far in my eyes the representative of HS football from this side of the state with not only ur great record but numerous RINGS. At the end of the day these McCracken kids are still just Lone Oak, Heath and reidland......and a win over MF is very rare for any of those schools. Maybe in 10 years when they are an established 6a program then I can see the chants being a little ridiculous....but even then I will count a win over Lil old 2a Mayfield as one of the highlights of the regular season. Im taking McCracken again but it won't surprise me either way it goes, I just hope it's another instant classic like the last 3. But like I said I wouldn't look to far into kids or fans hyping their self up with chants....because anyone from this area who knows anything about football knows what Mayfield is about. And I guarantee you that whether theyes show it or not they respect them as much if not more than you any team on the schedule.
I jus thought it was kinda funny how they were chanting that in the first game of the season and still had 2 more to play before they played Mayfield. Of course it makes us feel good. Not trying to make a big deal out of it. And it was mostly the kids. Good luck to y'all backinblack. It's gonna be a dog fight.

I like that PT gave Mayfield's secondary a test ahead of the McCracken game, I don't like that they had so much success. Factor in that you've got a much better QB this week and the Cards D may have fits trying to shut down Jones. Both teams like to go up tempo, Mayfield might be better served to pace the offense, giving their defense an extended break.

If MF fans will recall, the "tech factor" was BIG last year as McC rolled out their big screen and cameras and learned MF plays in order to set defense. After figuring this out, the famous halftime adjustment by the MF coaching staff paid off. There was too much to make up. I do believe that MF has some areas to shore-up but they are a better team overall than last year. If the tech-defense of McC was a big a factor as I think it was, then MF will win.