Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Owensboro Catholic at Murray Predictions/Updates (Class 2A Playoffs)

Owensboro Catholic at Murray 26 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Owensboro Catholic Aces
      26%
    • Murray Tigers
      73%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 12/04/2020 at 06:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Two teams who didn't enter the playoffs with the top-seed in their District, but still found a way to get the job done!

Murray enters this game fresh off a heart stopping thriller against smalls school heavyweight Mayfield. Owensboro Catholic had their hands full with a Hancock County team that was playing at a historic level.

Though Mayfield had been the best of the West for some time, these two teams have a notable history in the playoffs. All told this will be the ninth time these teams have faced off on the playoffs since 2010.Murray won the last meeting in 2018 by a final score of 41-32, which gave them the 5-4 edge in those meetings.

The Aces will give a different look than what the Tigers have been accustomed to seeing. For over two decades the Aces were personified with the Air Raid style of offense and scoreboard lighting statistical performances in the passing game. The 2020 edition is very much reliant on their ability to run the football and have brought a more physical approach to the field. 

Murray counters with their own brand of physical football, but also have some extremely talented skill on both sides of the ball.

 

 

If you can beat Mayfield at Mayfield in the playoffs, you've got my vote here!

Going to be cold Friday night putting a premium on running the ball, I give the edge to Murray.

Either team could win here. Both teams have committed to running the ball by now. I think the Tigers do it a little better! Murray better fix turnover problems though.

Murray - 27

O Cath - 14

This is going to be a good game and like a true homer to Owensboro schools - Catholic for the victory!  They've moved Braden Mundy to QB and they have been much better.

 

OCath 21-20

Key for this game, and every game Murray has played, is ball security.  If Murray limits their turnovers, I do not see them losing Friday.  OCath is a solid group.  I just don't see #1 running through a stout Murray run defense.

19 minutes ago, FB Head said:

Key for this game, and every game Murray has played, is ball security.  If Murray limits their turnovers, I do not see them losing Friday.  OCath is a solid group.  I just don't see #1 running through a stout Murray run defense.

Welcome to BGP @FB Head!

47 minutes ago, theguru said:

Welcome to BGP @FB Head!

Glad to be part of the group @theguru

I think Murray has played the tougher schedule so I give them the edge 28-20.

These are two teams that are very familiar with each other. I'm not sure two teams that are not in the same district have played more in the playoffs than these two in the past 10 years. More times than not the better team has not won this game just the team who made the least amount of mistakes or the least amount of injuries. OCath has had an identity change of late with running the ball and should be getting two of their bigger lineman back this week that have not played in the playoffs yet due to quarantine and injury. With that being said Murray is still the much bigger team. If OCath can have success running the ball and hit a few big pass plays here and there and not allow Murray to big play them then I think they have a very good shot. If Murray does not turn the ball over and can limit their penalties then they are an extremely tough out. 

Murray seems to be more battle tested overall, and comes out of a tougher district.  I would pick them coming out on top (assuming they don't turn the ball over like they did last week).  However, last week was an emotional game for them.  They cleared a big mental hurdle in beating Mayfield, and sometimes a win like that can drain a team.  We will see if they come out firing, or if they spent everything they had on beating their district rival.  I would say margin of victory for either team is a touchdown.

Hoping Catholic can win this one.

I’m pulling for Murray if I’m not mistaken the last time they got to the semis they got waxed by Glasgow in 2011.

11 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

I’m pulling for Murray if I’m not mistaken the last time they got to the semis they got waxed by Glasgow in 2011.

That is true.  Jalen Sublett ran right over Murray (and everyone else) on their home field.  If I remember, Sublett ran over 2100 yards that year! 

Last time Murray was in the semis, they lost a very controversial game to Desales 14-7. A long touchdown was called back that shouldn’t have been and the officials served a suspension for the call.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.