Franklin County at Johnson Central Predictions/Updates (4A Semifinals) ***Upset Alert***

Flyers vs. Golden Eagles   

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances to Kroger Field?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2020 at 12:00 AM

Beauty and the Beast

In the sport of boxing, it's often said that styles make fights. If that's true in football, Paintsville is about to bear witness to Ali-Frazier IV. Johnson Central's mountain man philosophy on offense won't win them many beauty contests, but no one can argue with the results of five consecutive championship games and two titles. It's equally hard to dispute the effectiveness of Franklin County's silky smooth, fast twitch passing attack. They've scored virtually at will against everyone they've faced this year, with the exception of the regular season game versus Central. But as we saw in the second round, the Flyers eventually solved that puzzle.

Franklin County is in the semis for the first time in 41 years, but are up against an opponent that feels very much at home in the final four. This stage has been golden for Johnson Central in recent years. They've won their last four semi-state games by an average margin of 37 points, imposing their will as the temperature drops.

Corbin gave the Golden Eagles a decent scrap in the quarterfinals, showing grit and toughness in defeat. Franklin County will need to match those attributes and add their athleticism, timing, and sublime skill to the equation. If those pieces fall into place, a classic could unfold in the hills of Johnson County. If not, JC's might and muscle could prove more than the Flyers can handle.

4p8nhj.thumb.jpg.0039b7defd11941ae2b4beae370d19af.jpg

Quite a few big time talents on the field in this contrast of styles.

- Dylan Preston (1,600 rushing yards/33 total TDs) and Nick Broyles (24 TD passes/0 interceptions) are Mr. Football watchlist regulars.

- Fred Farrier (800+ receiving yards/11 TDs) is one of the top wide receivers in the state. Holds offers from Ohio U, Toledo, and San Diego State. 

- Grant Bingham is the top o-line prospect in the state for the class of 2022, with offers from the likes of Notre Dame, Michigan, and UK. 

What have we’ve known for years about a team like Franklin County or even Frankfort? They will have athletes!! Franklin County will have far more than a Frankfort would, but JC hasn’t played the schedule this year thanks to COVID to show them the speed of what they may see Friday. But JC will show Franklin County a very strong O-D lines that they haven’t seen yet even counting Central. This will be a very good game!! Possibly the best in the state.

I did not feel like Corbin could beat JC because they had no way to negate JC's biggest strength.

Franklin County also cannot match-up at the LOS. IN fact, I don't even think they can compete to the level Corbin did at limiting the big play.

With that said, I do think Franklin County's offense can expose some weaknesses JC has. Their secondary has not faced an efficient passing game and once in the 2nd level, JC does not posses elite speed or playmaking. If you can get into space you can get big plays.

I think if Franklin County stays patient and executes their midlevel passing game they can effectively move the ball most of the night.

The problem is, I think Johnson Central is going to simply outclass their defense all night unless they slow themselves down.

Call me crazy:
JC 42

Franklin County 28

This game really intrigues me.  I can see Franklin County playing with Central and also see Central just pounding them in the ground.  Franklin County also has a stud at runningback in Mooreman.  He played for Boyle on their State Championship middle school team.  So the eagles just can't play the pass.  

If Johnson Central holds on to the ball I see them winning by 2 touchdowns.  

I think it will go similar to the Corbin game.  JC will be challenged but I don't think FC has enough to keep it tight deep into the second half.  I think FC's offense is better than Corbin's but I don't think their defense can match the hounds.  JC by 3 td's. 

• theguru changed the title to Franklin County at Johnson Central Predictions/Updates (4A Semifinals) ***Upset Alert***
  • theguru locked this topic