Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BasketballJunkie3

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BasketballJunkie3

  1. Should've T'd up the coach that allowed him to go that long doing it... No, I would assume the kid said something too that you can't hear on the video.
  2. That is a fact! I wish some of the "retired" coaches would get back into it in Louisville, and surrounding areas to improve the level of the game.
  3. Yeah, because he wanted Morrow to do things by the book. That principal used to be a good basketball coach as well.
  4. Did Frederick Douglas just send out a mass email to every coach in the state or what? lol
  5. Don't Holy Cross and Beth Haven have Interim Coaches also?
  6. He was one of the best shooters I've ever seen in this state.
  7. It is MUCH more difficult to "juggle, fumble, bumble" the ball down the court than it would be to dribble the ball down court. But it is comical to hear how some people would go to great lengths to challenge a rule they don't agree with or like. Most of the rules of basketball have been around for a LONG time btw
  8. Seems to be a reoccurring theme with Tony Williams doesn't it? I see a lot of people on here say things about him. Have to be able handle the bad times as well as you celebrate the good times to be a good coach!
  9. I thought "Blarge" was the female nobody wanted to take home from the club?!?! "Please tip your waiters on the way out!" :walk:
  10. I disagree with the 2nd part to this. Should they probably be a contender? Yes, but they've had a lot of talent in recent years and have yet to put a scare in anyone. Look, I hate for a kid to be punished, but eventually the free wheeling transfers have to have a stop put to them. In county, out of county, in state, out of state...kids, parents, AAU handlers/"coaches" & HS coaches need to quit jerking players around. The kids often times think they're better than what they are, as well as the adults. It happens in AAU, and it's growing in the high schools.
  11. Does Shelby County lose many kids to Collins? It seems like they haven't been relevant the past few years.
  12. I agree with this. From the few games I've seen, the quality of basketball is down. But that can be said for every level probably as well.
  13. The middle of the pack of this region seem to be going the wrong direction, or at least some of them. It's not as deep as once was thought, would anyone agree? Valley, outside of maybe 2-3 games (off the top of my head), hasn't played a tough schedule...heck, I don't see many scores from them; do they play a full schedule?? Doss, IMO, is one-dimensional and the "everyone hates us" ploy is bound to catch up with them soon. PRP can't get or stay healthy and because of that are wildly inconsistent...although, if healthy, them and that match-up zone can be a tough test for Fern Creek. Bullitt East would need to be hot to challenge FC, and I think they could score with them, but stopping them may be their downfall. Desales and Crews could surprise someone for 1 night, but I don't see them having enough to make a 3 game run (just based on their scores). Moore & Butler have seemed to have hit a wall in January... So, after Fern Creek and there being some inconsistent teams behind them, I would rank the teams in order of coaching and who may be able to have game plans ready to make a run: 1) PRP with Mabrey & crew 2) BE with Couch 3) Desales with Crews Then the rest are all similar coaches I think, so rate them by talent: - Valley - Doss - Moore - Butler A lot of this is based on what people tell me, and what I know from the coaches' pasts.
  14. I honestly think that out of respect to coaches that are already at a school coaching, their names shouldn't be thrown around on here during the season. I'm not saying that AD's or Administration scour this forum for info on their coaches, but it only takes one person with a personal vendetta against a coach to use this against him. For example: "Mr. AD, did you know your coach is looking into other coaching jobs during the season? I saw it on Bluegrass Preps" Just poor taste IMO. I would say the new school won't make an announcement or choice until after the Sweet 16.
  15. Another case of a kid getting jerked around by adults, and given bad information. This AAU culture of "I'm not happy at school A, I'm going to school B, and then when I don't get my way there, I'll look for school C or go back to school A." Someone try teaching these kids how to be part of a team, and quit trick or treating to see if they can be THE GUY somewhere else. It's getting old seeing these stories all the time now.
  16. Some coaches want to win the tip because it's one of the best times to run a set and have every player on the same page. Plus, the defense will be more lax and that helps to run a really good set. And it's never a bad thing to start out 2-0 or 3-0.
  17. That's a bit extreme...I'm hoping this is sarcasm
  18. It saves TONS of kids from embarrassment as the crowd starts walking in. I think they need a rule where clunky 4's and 5's can't shoot three's in warmups...some of those are a danger to society.
  19. I haven't seen PRP play, but I too have been wondering about them losing so many games lately. I looked on KHSAA and noticed that they have only had 3 kids that have played in every game. It's hard to be a consistent winner with a different core of players almost every game. And obviously I don't know why so many kids have missed so many games, but I would think this could be the reason for their struggles.
  20. A couple points I'd like to chime in about: - I have zero knowledge or allegiance to the 15th region - This would be virtually impossible in some regions as there are too many teams - To me, going away from the traditional winner/runner-up of the district advance to regionals just delays the inevitable for the bottom feeders. - In years where districts have 3 solid teams and 1 clunker team, it's just the nature of the beast. You have to beat people to advance. If you're worthy of winning the region, you should be able to win a tester of a game in the district with your season on the line. - Finally, aren't all teams technically in the region tournament anyway with district tournaments acting almost like a pool play opener to the regional? I say keep it the same since all regions can't feasibly change
  21. What is the longest losing streak currently? Does anyone have that?
  22. This is high school ball, not college where the resources are endless to gauge who should be ranked ahead of who. I don't see anything wrong with the way it's done...there is no perfect system, and there simply aren't enough media to properly do a media poll. Most HS coaches don't even care about the rankings or polls, or LIT seedings, or what have you...they'll tell you they just need to play the games and beat whoever is in front of them.
  23. What happened to Holy Cross's coach? I'm fairly certain that guy has been there quite a while
  24. Oh nevermind...was typing that as the previous post was entered.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.