Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA Approves Pilot Program and Realignment for 15th Region in 2017-18

Featured Replies

Thought since it was approved by the KHSAA today at their monthly meeting I would just go one and start a new thread on the topic.

 

Here is the link to the KHSAA site and their explanation and the realignment for the teams and Regional Tournament Pilot Program to begin with the 2017-18 season:

 

1/12/17 – Board of Control Addresses Alignment Issues, Archery Championship | Kentucky High School Athletic Association

  • Replies 61
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Tackett went on to say in the meeting this could provide data for other regions in the future with consolidations.

So they moved Jenkins into the 15th, compiling four districts with four teams each, but will let them all make the Region anyway? Wow, 15th Region superintendents must have a lot of pull.

So next season, EVERY team will make the 15th region tournament. Correct?

So next season, EVERY team will make the 15th region tournament. Correct?

 

Yes. But district tourneys mean something. You play the district out and get a winner a runner up. Then you play consolation in District and get a 3 and 4 seed. The one seeds get a double bye in region. The two seeds get a single bye. The 3 seeds from one district play a 4 seed from another district based on blind draw on higher seeds home floor. Both teams split gate and home team keeps concessions. Winners advance to play 2 seeds at 2 seeds home court and again the two teams split gate and home team keeps concessions. Winners of that advances to play 1 seed and you are back to 8 team regional tourney played at EXPO. Only the 8 teams at EXPO split that gate.

 

In short the district tournaments determine the seeds and you don't have 16 team cut of regional tournament. The eliminated teams already got their cut depending on how far they advance. More games added. Two rounds back in high schools. District tournaments mean something and overall revenue is increased. Teams in District tournament split gate as they always have with host team keeping concessions.

 

Personally I like it but see why some might not.

(Poster "15th Region" above has a whole more info than I was able to add here.)

Edited by broadcaster
in effect, deleting my post

That's the way the article reads...no district tournaments.

 

One less regular season game, then a "Super Regional" with all 16 teams included.

 

Tackett never said no district tournaments. He said all teams moving from the district tournaments to the regional tournament. As of right now it's gonna happen as I outlined it. As with anything that could change in the future but the more I think about it the more I really like this. I'm speaking only for basketball though as other sports may be effected differently.

Yes. But district tourneys mean something. You play the district out and get a winner a runner up. Then you play consolation in District and get a 3 and 4 seed. The one seeds get a double bye in region. The two seeds get a single bye. The 3 seeds from one district play a 4 seed from another district based on blind draw on higher seeds home floor. Both teams split gate and home team keeps concessions. Winners advance to play 2 seeds at 2 seeds home court and again the two teams split gate and home team keeps concessions. Winners of that advances to play 1 seed and you are back to 8 team regional tourney played at EXPO. Only the 8 teams at EXPO split that gate.

 

In short the district tournaments determine the seeds and you don't have 16 team cut of regional tournament. The eliminated teams already got their cut depending on how far they advance. More games added. Two rounds back in high schools. District tournaments mean something and overall revenue is increased. Teams in District tournament split gate as they always have with host team keeping concessions.

 

Personally I like it but see why some might not.

 

If it takes that long to explain then it shouldn't be happening.

If it takes that long to explain then it shouldn't be happening.

 

I'm not for it but that logic is faulty. It takes day to explain the football tiebreaker every year on BGP and some still don't get it!

So there will or will not be district tournaments?

I hate it.

 

Give your reasons. You are all over Twitter and on here saying "I hate it, I hate it, I hate it". Probably in favor of blind draws as well.

So why are some of you "not" for it? I see continuous I hate it, I'm not for it but give no reasons as to why. I don't understand why people are so against it to be honest.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.