Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Waggener's Cooper Gets Injunction To Keep Playing

Featured Replies

Per Jason Frakes , Waggener's Da'Von Cooper was ruled ineligible by the KHSAA but got an injunction and is playing tonight.

 

Do we know why he was initially ruled ineligible? Transfer issue?

Edited by PurplePride92
Fixed the name of the source

He transferred away from Waggener to go to a prep school out of state. Got little playing time so he transfered back to Waggener. KHSAA ruled him ineligible.

Waggener already had a pretty good team. I think this addition makes then a legitimate contender in the 7th.

Waggener already had a pretty good team. I think this addition makes then a legitimate contender in the 7th.

 

Glad to hear this, he is a great kid and will defiantly make Waggener a contender in the 7th region.

Glad to hear this, he is a great kid and will defiantly make Waggener a contender in the 7th region.

 

Agreed. Seems to be a good kid who also is very talented. Went to Findlay Prep for his junior year but came back to his home school in Louisville for his senior year. Really happy for him.

Will be temporary. The KHSAA will go after this and should

I can't believe people actually think this kid shouldn't be allowed to play.

Will be temporary. The KHSAA will go after this and should

 

The injunction by nature is temporary until the case can be heard and a decision rendered. The judge who granted the injunction likely hears the case I would presume. That judge must have found some merit or the injunction attempt would not have been successful. The question I have is how long until the case gets heard? I don't feel it is a slam dunk for either side to prevail. I do agree with dawgs that the KHSAA will try their best to win the case, but I have no idea what a judge may rule. If the judge sided with KHSAA, would any victories turn to forfeits? This still could have some twists and turns, but like many I hope the young man gets to play. He has sat out long enough and it just seems the fair ending.

The injunction by nature is temporary until the case can be heard and a decision rendered. The judge who granted the injunction likely hears the case I would presume. That judge must have found some merit or the injunction attempt would not have been successful. The question I have is how long until the case gets heard? I don't feel it is a slam dunk for either side to prevail. I do agree with dawgs that the KHSAA will try their best to win the case, but I have no idea what a judge may rule. If the judge sided with KHSAA, would any victories turn to forfeits? This still could have some twists and turns, but like many I hope the young man gets to play. He has sat out long enough and it just seems the fair ending.

 

The KHSAA has a bylaw that provides that any games played with a player who is allowed to play pursuant to a court order, which is the case here, are not subject to being forfeited if the court order is later set aside. So, no, no danger of any games in which he plays being forfeited.

Waggener already had a pretty good team. I think this addition makes then a legitimate contender in the 7th.

 

I disagree with the 2nd part to this. Should they probably be a contender? Yes, but they've had a lot of talent in recent years and have yet to put a scare in anyone.

 

Look, I hate for a kid to be punished, but eventually the free wheeling transfers have to have a stop put to them. In county, out of county, in state, out of state...kids, parents, AAU handlers/"coaches" & HS coaches need to quit jerking players around. The kids often times think they're better than what they are, as well as the adults. It happens in AAU, and it's growing in the high schools.

I just have zero problems with a kid transferring to a new school or going to a prep school then moving back home. Let a kid go to school where he wants to go to school.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.