2016 Forcht Bank King of the Bluegrass

Thought you all would be interested in this:

Field Set For 2016 King of the Bluegrass

State champion Paul Dunbar, state runner-up Doss and three other boys basketball teams that won regional titles last season highlight the field that’s been announced for the 2016 Forcht Bank King of the Bluegrass Holiday Classic.

The 36th annual tournament is set for Dec. 16-21 at Fairdale High School.

Paul Dunbar and Doss reached the state final last March, with the Bulldogs prevailing 61-52. Defending regional champions Christian County (Second), Bowling Green (Fourth) and Trinity (Seventh) also are in the field.

Rounding out the field of Kentucky squads are Ballard, Cooper, Covington Catholic, Fairdale, Fern Creek, Franklin-Simpson and North Hardin.

The four out-of-state teams will be Ackworth (Ga.) Allatoona, Lilburn (Ga.) Berkmar, Huntsville (Ala.) Lee and Chicago St. Rita. Berkmar features 6-foot-4 guard Al Durham, a member of the Class of 2017 who has committed to Indiana University.

The tournament also will include several of the top players in Kentucky’s Class of 2017, including Ballard’s David Sloan and Jamil Wilson, Bowling Green’s Terry Taylor, Christian County’s Jaylen Sebree, Cooper’s Sean McNeil, Covington Catholic’s Cole VonHandorf, Doss’ Jaylon Hall, Franklin-Simpson’s Tavin Lovan, North Hardin’s Tony Jackson, Paul Dunbar’s Taveion Hollingsworth and Trinity’s Jacob King.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb: they always do a good job of trying to bring in the states best players to showcase them and their teams. Add in always having quality out of state teams and it makes for a great event year end and year out. Job well done

• 4 weeks later...

I really wish Indiana would allow schools to play in a tournament like this. They are not allowed to play schools more than a certain distince from the Indiana border. The rule makes no sense and as far as I can tell, useless. Woulda loved to see Indiana state champ New Albany (which is right across the river from Louisville) play in this.

Looks like the best individual talent and top teams from Kentucky will be in this tournament. im not so sure its an "up year" talent wise in the state but potential matchups like Hollingsworth vs Sloan, or Jackson (NH) vs Taylor (BG) would be a must see. I would like see Fern Creek come together this yr with all their individual potential. And Cov Cath is possibly pre season #1 in Kentucky.

I really wish Indiana would allow schools to play in a tournament like this. They are not allowed to play schools more than a certain distince from the Indiana border. The rule makes no sense and as far as I can tell, useless. Woulda loved to see Indiana state champ New Albany (which is right across the river from Louisville) play in this.

Looks like the best individual talent and top teams from Kentucky will be in this tournament. im not so sure its an "up year" talent wise in the state but potential matchups like Hollingsworth vs Sloan, or Jackson (NH) vs Taylor (BG) would be a must see. I would like see Fern Creek come together this yr with all their individual potential. And Cov Cath is possibly pre season #1 in Kentucky.

Jackson vs. Lovan and Sloan vs. Wales (Fern Creek) would be better matchups IMO.... They are closer in skill set and position. Kyran Jones (BGHS) and Chance Moore would be a great matchup too!

Jackson vs. Lovan and Sloan vs. Wales (Fern Creek) would be better matchups IMO.... They are closer in skill set and position. Kyran Jones (BGHS) and Chance Moore would be a great matchup too!

There could be alot of nice matchups. I think Hollingsworth vs Sloan are most likey the 2 top college prospects in the '17 class in Kentucky. Louisville vs Lexington sorta thing. A potential matchup of Cov Cath vs Trinity would be interesting.