Kentucky.com Article on Chris Lofton

The Sweetest Century: Mason County’s Chris Lofton was ‘One of a kind’ | Lexington Herald-Leader

Very nice article on arguably the best player from the state of Kentucky to not play in the NBA. I'll never forget the battles MC and Chris had with Lexington Catholic, including the game where he hit the 3/4 court shot to send the game to overtime.

The Sweetest Century: Mason County’s Chris Lofton was ‘One of a kind’ | Lexington Herald-Leader

Very nice article on arguably the best player from the state of Kentucky to not play in the NBA. I'll never forget the battles MC and Chris had with Lexington Catholic, including the game where he hit the 3/4 court shot to send the game to overtime.

Would love to hear a replay of Danny Weddles call of that shot.

The amazing thing about the shot was it was a true jump shot. Couldn't believe the strength he had. He took about three dribbles and pulls up. Seen it with my own eyes and still don't believe it. He was an absolute pleasure to watch. Great player and an even better person.

The amazing thing about the shot was it was a true jump shot. Couldn't believe the strength he had. He took about three dribbles and pulls up. Seen it with my own eyes and still don't believe it. He was an absolute pleasure to watch. Great player and an even better person.

Hit a similar shot 3 years or so ago in the Dirt Bowl in Maysville.

Half court jump shot.

Hit a similar shot 3 years or so ago in the Dirt Bowl in Maysville.

Half court jump shot.

Yep. There were about 2 minutes to play in that one; he had about 50 points. They called the game over at that point. Nothing else left to see or say.

I'm probably showing my youth here, but Chris Lofton was the best high school player I ever saw in Kentucky. Played against him a few times. Absolute class act too.

I'm an unabashed homer. That being said, I don't know if I can say "the best I ever saw".

But I'll roll with "the best shooter I ever saw". No doubt about it. Especially in the clutch.

I'm probably showing my youth here, but Chris Lofton was the best high school player I ever saw in Kentucky. Played against him a few times. Absolute class act too.

Hard to call him the best but there haven't been many better than him. Rupp was electric during that '03 final.

I'm an unabashed homer. That being said, I don't know if I can say "the best I ever saw".

But I'll roll with "the best shooter I ever saw". No doubt about it. Especially in the clutch.

Gotta remember that I wasn't around for guys like Richie or Allan Houston. Let alone the legends from before that.