Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blarge

Featured Replies

There was a double foul called last night and I didn't understand the call. The man sitting in front of me was a ref. He said he has seen this call before and the name of the double foul was called a blarge. I am assuming that is a block and a charge. Help me understand:confused:

  • Replies 106
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't care what any book says, not possible.

 

And I have to assume he was joking. Was it Clyde?

I have seen it called more than once.

  • Author
I don't care what any book says, not possible.

 

And I have to assume he was joking. Was it Clyde?

Dunno

Blarge is the unofficial term for the play where one ref calls a block and another calls a charge.

"Blarge" sounds like the antagonist in a Dickens novel.

  • Author

Just googled it...4:53:1 d - wow

  • Author
Blarge is the unofficial term for the play where one ref calls a block and another calls a charge.

 

Was you in front of me at game?

Was you in front of me at game?

 

Nope.

Hate the rule, but it is a rule. These happen due to one thing; lack of communication by the officials.

I'd argue that it can't happen. It's one or the other.

I'd argue that it can't happen. It's one or the other.

 

Not 'can't' but 'shouldn't' rather....

I'd argue that it can't happen. It's one or the other.

 

Logic would support you UNTIL you realize it's not just one person making the call. Two officials saw it differently and (unfortunately) both signaled. You can't put the jeanie back in the bottle at that point. You saw what you saw.

 

There is no better solution IMO. The key is to avoid it happening at all.

Logic would support you UNTIL you realize it's not just one person making the call. Two officials saw it differently and (unfortunately) both signaled. You can't put the jeanie back in the bottle at that point. You saw what you saw.

 

There is no better solution IMO. The key is to avoid it happening at all.

Your logic would infer one of them was wrong. The rule exists to bail one of them out.
Your logic would infer one of them was wrong. The rule exists to bail one of them out.

 

 

They saw what they saw whether we agree or not. Not sure how it's a bail out.

 

What's a better option?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.