Everything posted by Moken
-
NDA
From what I've heard is that lawsuit(s) (or possible lawsuits) are involved at this point so I doubt we will hear much coming from the hill with regard to the volleyball 'circus'. In talking to one parent about the situation, their response was they.... 'couldn't talk about it for legal reasons'. Hmmmm... WXYZ - is Stephenson the JV coach that remains? Not sure I completely agree with your scoring......
-
Newport Central Catholic 2013/2014
They could've / should've won the region the last 3 years.... They've had the talent to do so.... I'd be surprised if they didn't win it the next two years.
-
Highlands / Covington Catholic (Predictions)
How are the walking wounded doing for Cov Cath: Bir? Wagner? Burchell? Braun (WR)? Others? I believe Burchell played some against Henderson Co, is he 100% back now?
- Everyone Is Rooting For Covington Catholic This Week, Right?
-
Nick Ruthsatz Commits
Congratulations Nick! Enjoy your Senior season with the Colonels. A lot less stress now that you have committted.
-
Covington Catholic 33 Simon Kenton 22 (Frosh)
Young Mr. Hentz is doing an OUTSTANDING job at QB this year for the Freshman Colonels! Kudos to him for leading this talented team. Good Luck to him and the rest of the Colonels next week in Ft. Thomas and the rest of the season.
-
Beechwood 52 Highlands 35 (Frosh)
I'm sure the Frosh Birds will get the ship pointed in the right direction before next Wednesday when the Colonels come to town..... Sounds like Beechwood got some players back from injury that didn't play in their earlier games. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season..... except when they play the Colonels, of course.
-
Moeller (OH) at Covington Catholic 9/7 Predictions
'With a Spirit That Will Not Die....' They'll be fine....
-
Luke Bir Injury - Covington Catholic RB
Just to set the record straight. I spoke with the Bir family today and Luke has not broken his clavicle three times. What was posted earlier was incorrect. Also, Luke's father Tony is feeling good today as well. He says he is listed 'day to day'....... Aren't we all?
-
Freshman Colonels In pads
I've always been taught if you have to tell people 'how good you are' then there is an issue with your logic...... I'm a big CCH supporter and subscribe to the phrase..... 'Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far'. - Theodore Roosevelt I think it would be in the best interest of some on here to do the same.
-
Sam Letton 1st offer
Congrats to the young man! Looks like Sam has some good size. How tall and how much does he weigh? He looks like a big target....
-
Ryle Raiders
Perhaps I missed it somewhere in all the different Ryle threads and in the interview with Coach Warner that Walter provided (Great interview Walter!!! I love the fact that you go out and interview all the various coaches. Thank you for doing this.). However, does Ryle have a quarterback? Is Rylewski the QB? I believe he was the JV QB last year and the now departed Morgan was the QB on the Frosh team. Who are some of the contenders for the QB position? What are their strengths and weaknesses?
-
Greenwood 13 Notre Dame Academy 0
This just goes to show you how much I know about the state softball tournament...... I thought it was one and out..... That is why I asked why Jones pitched if she is the #2 pitcher for NDA. Clyde your explaination makes sense to me. My thought was, if you are going to go out, go out with your #1 on the mound. Thanks for getting me back on the straight and narrow.
-
West 38 East 7 (2013 NKY East/West All Star Game)
Big Al - I think you are reading way to much into this game. It was an All Star game. No need to 'thow it away' in an All Star game. You go, have fun and whatever happens happens. I've gone to a few HS All Star games over the past couple years (baseball, volleyball, etc.) and there are a lot of smiles, laughs, errors, mistakes, etc., etc.. The games are treated as a celebration of their HS careers against guys/girls that they have been competing against for the prior 4 years in HS and in most cases, during their youth careers as well. To 'criticize the ones who are at fault' is a bit harsh if you are directing that towards Blake for the interceptions. Who cares? It's suppose to be a fun night and I am sure it was.
-
Greenwood 13 Notre Dame Academy 0
Why would NDA pitch Jones when she didn't pitch in the region tournament or the first round of the state tournament. I've heard Greenwood is the #1 team in the state and (for what it is worth) a possible top 10 team in the country. Wouldn't you want your #1 pitcher going against them instead of pitching Jones who hasn't pitched since the district tournament? :idunno: Is Smith hurt or any particular reason why she wouldn't pitch against them? :popcorn:
-
Expectations at Ryle
I think you may be reaching here..... I believe there are health issues with members of the family and other things that may be going on. Tanner will be a good quarterback whether he is in NKY, Hazard, TN, New Mexico, etc., etc.. I am sure everything will work out well for him and the family if in fact they do return home to Hazard. Good Luck to Tanner and the Morgan family.
-
West 38 East 7 (2013 NKY East/West All Star Game)
This is an ALL STAR game, not a playoff game. Who cares if he threw 4, 6 or 8 INT's, it's an all star game and not to be taken seriously. I am sure the men were out there having fun and enjoying themselves. I can't imagine Blake lost a lot of sleep last night about losing or throwing INT's. I bet he (and Dayton) are thrilled he didn't get hurt, which was the ultimate goal coming out of the game. Go Flyers!
-
Covington Catholic 2013 Frosh
ttt
-
Conner/ NDA preview
What time is the game tonight? NDA - 1 Conner - 0 8 innings
-
Sam Burchell from CCH Picks Up An Offer
The Fly is open! Let's go Peay! Congrats Sam on the offer!!!!
-
Scott HS Freshman League
I thought games were going to be at Scott and Woodlawn. I was surprised to see all games at Scott going across the gym instead of the full court. Looked like Woodlawn gym was being used by an AAU team for practice. Hopefully, next week games will be at both locations and full court.
-
Notre Dame 10 Holmes 0
Great Job Abby!!! Hopefully, first of many for you!!!!!
-
Ryle 12 Cooper 8
Who was the umpire?
-
Notre Dame 4 Boone County 1
Does NDA have 2 of the top pitchers in the region with Smith and Jones?
-
Newcomers to look for next year
Clyde says CCH may have a frosh starting varsity and you respond 'maybe 2'. Then you say you see Gunnar 'off the bench'. Which is it? :idunno: I take it Gunnar is Bo's little brother? Who is Gunnar playing AAU with this summer? Does he play football as well?