Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Expectations at Ryle

Featured Replies

With the success of the middle school programs, and last years frosh, do you think Ryle is back? On the right track?

  • Replies 201
  • Views 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SK and Dixie are both going to be strong offensive teams in district this year. I suspect it will take 30+ points to beat these teams most weeks. In 6A, you cannot get very far without balanced offense , unless you have a Travis Elliot caliber back. Can we expect balanced offense from the Raiders this year?

They have the O-line and if they get a QB that can get the ball to the receivers and move away from the run run run mentality they could very well be a tough team to beat. Jolmstead hit the nail on the head. A balanced offense can make all the difference in the world. Only time will tell.

Not many 6A programs are winning district titles with young guys. My advice would be to play the young dudes and let theme develop and be ready to win as Juniors and Seniors.

With the success of the middle school programs, and last years frosh, do you think Ryle is back? On the right track?

 

How many kids are going to be on the roster? The Varsity/JV roster- not the Freshmen.

Since I have seen a ridiculous number of kids peak at either youth or middle school ball, I give almost no weight to those records. Given Ryle's very tough 2013 schedule, I predict they go no better than 5-5, get incredibly banged up late in the year and don't perform well in the post-season.

Not many 6A programs are winning district titles with young guys. My advice would be to play the young dudes and let theme develop and be ready to win as Juniors and Seniors.

 

I think they will play alot of young guys..

Since I have seen a ridiculous number of kids peak at either youth or middle school ball, I give almost no weight to those records. Given Ryle's very tough 2013 schedule, I predict they go no better than 5-5, get incredibly banged up late in the year and don't perform well in the post-season.

I think they will have a growing year. But I am betting that they are very competitive.

SK and Dixie are both going to be strong offensive teams in district this year. I suspect it will take 30+ points to beat these teams most weeks. In 6A, you cannot get very far without balanced offense , unless you have a Travis Elliot caliber back. Can we expect balanced offense from the Raiders this year?

They have some young thorobreds

Mcgregor, England, Bateman, Vargis. They are not Elliots yet. But you are absoltutely right about balance. They will have to spread the field so they aren't trying to run against 8-9 in the box.

IMO the expectations by the Ryle community has decreased. That's not good.

I think there numbers are going to be good. 50? All the freshman are back exept one or two. I think they graduated 20 seniors. This will be a younger squad.

I think there numbers are going to be good. 50? All the freshman are back exept one or two. I think they graduated 20 seniors. This will be a younger squad.

 

50 kids for a large 6A school sounds really small.

What has the record been for Ryle's freshman team the last 6 years? I ask this because it seems to me their freshman teams have been pretty good. That doesn't mean varsity success. It can lead to success, but it doesn't always follow. In freshman ball, 2 or 3 stud players will win you games. It doesn't work that way in varsity football. I would not automatically expect Ryle to be the best 6A team in the district in 2-3 years because their freshman team was the runner up in the freshman league.

What has the record been for Ryle's freshman team the last 6 years? I ask this because it seems to me their freshman teams have been pretty good. That doesn't mean varsity success. It can lead to success, but it doesn't always follow. In freshman ball, 2 or 3 stud players will win you games. It doesn't work that way in varsity football. I would not automatically expect Ryle to be the best 6A team in the district in 2-3 years because their freshman team was the runner up in the freshman league.

 

Well said.

50 kids for a large 6A school sounds really small.

 

Bluedad, this could be a problem at a lot of schools due to the on-going publicity about head injuries.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.