Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sam Burchell from CCH Picks Up An Offer

Featured Replies

Read this morning that 2014 LB Sam Burchell from Covington Catholic has received an offer from Austin Peay.

 

Not sure if this is his first offer or not. It will not be his last. Strong kid on and off the field.

Congratulations to Sam.

 

Is it me, or is Austin Peay strongly recruiting Kentucky?

Read this morning that 2014 LB Sam Burchell from Covington Catholic has received an offer from Austin Peay.

 

Not sure if this is his first offer or not. It will not be his last. Strong kid on and off the field.

 

Congrats to Sam. He will make any team better just being in the locker room.

I understand that Northwestern may be interested as well. Sam is an excellent student so I would expect more to come.

Awesome! Congrats Sam!

 

Thanks for posting that Clyde.

  • Author
Congrats to Sam. He will make any team better just being in the locker room.

I understand that Northwestern may be interested as well. Sam is an excellent student so I would expect more to come.

 

And when Bluedad says "excellent student" he means as in "near the very top of the class."

Good to hear, is Austin Peay still in the OVC?

  • Author
Good to hear, is Austin Peay still in the OVC?

 

Yes.

 

Who remembers the famous Austin Peay cheer from the 70s for their basketball player James "Fly" Williams?

Is this the right level for Burchell or should he expect higher level D1 offers? I see him at a higher level, but I don't know what his speed is. Does he have the speed to play higher D1?

 

And congratulations on the offer. Any D1 offer is great. I am not discounting it. Actually, just the opposite - I think he can play higher.

  • Author
Is this the right level for Burchell or should he expect higher level D1 offers? I see him at a higher level, but I don't know what his speed is. Does he have the speed to play higher D1?

 

And congratulations on the offer. Any D1 offer is great. I am not discounting it. Actually, just the opposite - I think he can play higher.

 

That's a really good question. 1-AA feels right. My guess is footspeed/lateral quickness MIGHT scare off some larger schools. I think he could play DE at some smallerr 1-A schools.

Yes.

 

Who remembers the famous Austin Peay cheer from the 70s for their basketball player James "Fly" Williams?

 

The Fly is open! Let's go Peay!

 

Congrats Sam on the offer!!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.