Everything posted by emperorhasnoclothes
-
Highlands 42 Elder (OH) 14 (JV)
Why is that adding salt to the wound? Its the right thing to do. I think adding salt would be go for the score.
-
NewCath/Beechwood Predictions
Interesting fact. Sounds like a good reason to take a dive on Friday!
-
Cooper / Dixie Prediction
You forgot Campbell needed a late score to beat Dixie. You SK guys need to get over it. At first many thought the Dixie comeback vs conner was a fluke. There may be more to this Dixie team than most of us think.
-
Bellevue 58 Dayton 8
It is difficult to paddle upstream! Maybe the Greendevils expelled to much emotional energy in the Beechwood effort. I hope the injuries heal and they can show it against Eminence in the playoffs. Congrats to Bellevue!
-
5A 3-Way District Tie: Conner/Cooper/South Oldham
Here are the tiebreakers from KHSAA. Football Tie Breaker Conner Campbell County 6 Scott 4 Grant County 3 Ryle 3 Top 4 Subtotal: 16 Holy Cross (Covington) 3 Boone County 1 Total: 20 Cooper Campbell County 6 Holmes 5 Scott 4 Grant County 3 Top 4 Subtotal: 18 Ryle 3 Holy Cross (Covington) 3 Boone County 1 Total: 25 South Oldham North Oldham 6 Bullitt Central 6 Scott 4 Grant County 3 Top 4 Subtotal: 19 Oldham County 3 North Bullitt 3 Total: 25
-
Unofficial 6A playoff pairings
In 6A the lexington district the rank is Bryan Station with 14, Henry Clay with 11 and Dunbar with 3. Don't know who they are playing this week but it looks like Dunbar will finish 4th. Football Tie Breaker
-
Beechwood 35 Covington Catholic 7 (Frosh)
They haven't had a JV games since Highlands. Couldn't the JV get the reps?
-
Beechwood 35 Covington Catholic 7 (Frosh)
The were mentioning their name all night long!
-
Beechwood 35 Covington Catholic 7 (Frosh)
Don't the Beechwood kids have names? #32 Ethan Stringer #34 Ryan Bankemper #6 Mario German
-
Male Frosh Undefeated
Yeah but they haven't played anyone from Northern Kentucky though! :D
-
Beechwood/CovCath(frosh)pedictions
No need to make excuses in advance. The Cov Cath 7th graders won it all last year at this level. I don't know how many 8th graders Beechwood has playing in this game. I assume they might have some 6th graders playing so that should even things up. Beechwood has 5 or 6 8th graders playing on the Freshman team. Those kids definitely would help this team. This is Beechwood's second year of having a middle school team. I believe they lost every game last year as all 8th graders were on the freshman team. Coach Culp and coaching staff are doing a great job getting things on the right track. It only get better from here for the Tiger cubs. If the Tiger cubs dominate this division then they should move up to the medium school division.
-
Campbell County's New Stadium
The field is laid 5 yds at a time with green and the yard line. When all the field surface is done that way they go back and cut in all the specialty items like hash marks, numbers and the center logo. The same would be done for the soccer lines if they go that route. Or I guess it is possible those could be painted on. Didn't highlands originally have some of their lines painted and then went back and had them put into the turf?
-
69 Years of Football Comes To A Close at the Camels Bob Miller Stadium!
What are the plans for the old stadium? I hope they keep the field for other sports use.
-
Battle for the Paddle! Dayton vs. Bellevue
I'd like to go see this Bellevue/Dayton game on Friday I bet it will be a great game to watch. I think the rain might be helping Dayton more than Bellevue. Dayton seemed more a grind it out offense where Bellevue like to get to the edge with speed. My head says Bellevue wins (experience, numbers, history) but my heart is pulling for Dayton (Gutsy, hardworking). I'm picking Dayton but Good Luck to both teams.
-
Kentucky Class 1A Football Rankings for 10-16
I think Dayton is in contention to be in the top 10 but unfortunately can't afford to lose any players. If they keep their top guys healthy I think they will beat Bellevue and likely win a playoff game. Bellevue has some speed and likes to fly to the ball on defense. I think they can cause some teams trouble as well.
-
A Question for Highlands Historians
Back in the day (before the 90s?) only one team from each district went to the playoffs. I think that was 8 teams from each class. 1975 was the first year there were 4 classes.
- Kentucky Class 1A Football Rankings for 10-16
-
Mayfield's Historic War Memorial Stadium Damaged by Storm This Morning
Was the block wall built around the scoreboard? Is the scoreboard still on metal posts? Looks like that white roof was torn away. Wasn't there a sign with all the accomplishments on the front side of the scoreboard?
-
69 Years of Football Comes To A Close at the Camels Bob Miller Stadium!
Who was Bob Miller?
-
Question....
Since there isn't a 3 way tie right now it is not posted but here is the calculator used by the KHSAA on their site Football Tie Breaker
-
Question....
It is on the KHSAA website and was posted in a thread here recently. If there is a 3 way tie, I don't think there is ever a look at head to head.
-
Battle for the Paddle! Dayton vs. Bellevue
Is it a spanking paddle or a boating paddle? If #18 for Dayton is playing I would go with Dayton in a close one. He rounds out their offense and makes it so you have to worry about more than just #40.
-
LAX split news?
emperorhasnoclothes replied to Bluegrasscard's topic in KY Swimming, Track, Lacrosse, Golf (High School)Just heard the proposed setup of the remaining KY teams may not be final. Some coaches complained to KLA and they will discuss at their meeting on 10/16. 2 divisions still possible. Tates would not likely be in the Metro league because they would need to have enough teams to form their own district (3), but maybe some other are thinking about it also. TheyAnother issue would be end of season tournament. I would assume the two tournament are happening at the same time. would make it difficult to compete in both tournaments. Any team can however play any team from the metro league they want.
-
Boone County 40 Holy Cross 0 (JV)
Beechwood didn't have a JV game.
-
Beechwood 54 Dayton 20
Game changed when #18 went out for Dayton. That kid would have 3-4 Tigers on him and his legs would be pumping and he would carry them another 3 yards.