Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5A 3-Way District Tie: Conner/Cooper/South Oldham

Featured Replies

Barring big upsets the district will end up in a 3-way tie for first.

 

Let's use this thread to keep the tie-breaker updated.

 

Remember, each teams gets to add up victories of teams they have beaten OTHER than the 2 teams they are tied with.

 

By my calc as of tonight:

 

S Oldham 15 (Bullitt Central, and 3 teams with 3 wins)

Cooper 14 (Holmes, Campbell, Ryle, Holy Cross)

Conner 10 (Campbell, Ryle, HC, Boone)

 

If that were the order they finished, S Oldham would get the 1 and Conner the 2 since they win the head-to-head.

 

Big games that will help:

 

If SO can beat Shelby County

If Conner can beat CCH

 

 

We'll revisit this each week.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they finish like that it would be S. Oldham, Cooper, Conner. The head to head between Cooper and Conner wouldn't play into it. Once you go to the tie breaker system in a 3 way tie, you stick with it until all 3 positions are determined.

  • Author
If they finish like that it would be S. Oldham, Cooper, Conner. The head to head between Cooper and Conner wouldn't play into it. Once you go to the tie breaker system in a 3 way tie, you stick with it until all 3 positions are determined.

 

Positive? I was under the impression it was used to figure out #1 and then it went head-to-head. I can't find anything on the new KHSAA website.

Would Cooper get the 2 if they beat Dixie ? Other than CCH they played all the same teams . The way I see it Conner has to beat CCH to get 2 or Cooper loose to Dixie right ?

I'm not sure Clyde, that is what I brought up last week and you said I was wrong. I might be, but it makes no sense to go to head to head to determine 2nd. If that were the case then S O wouldn't win because head to head would go to Cooper which it doesn't. I think it goes to points to determine all 3.

  • Author
Would Cooper get the 2 if they beat Dixie ? Other than CCH they played all the same teams . The way I see it Conner has to beat CCH to get 2 or Cooper loose to Dixie right ?

 

I don't think it's that simple plus you have to take into account S Oldham. Each team needs teams they've beaten to win out to get more points.

  • Author
I'm not sure Clyde, that is what I brought up last week and you said I was wrong. I might be, but it makes no sense to go to head to head to determine 2nd. If that were the case then S O wouldn't win because head to head would go to Cooper which it doesn't. I think it goes to points to determine all 3.

 

I did say you were wrong and it looks like it was me that was wrong.

  • Author
Would Cooper get the 2 if they beat Dixie ? Other than CCH they played all the same teams . The way I see it Conner has to beat CCH to get 2 or Cooper loose to Dixie right ?

 

You can only count victories over 4 teams. Right now Dixie only has one victory so you wouldn't use them.

Would Cooper get the 2 if they beat Dixie ? Other than CCH they played all the same teams . The way I see it Conner has to beat CCH to get 2 or Cooper loose to Dixie right ?

 

The only way the CCH game would come into play would be if Conner beats them, then they can use CCH's wins to help them. But we all know that aint happening. With the way Conner struggled tonight against Ryle we all know who the best team in the district is. Cooper :)

Positive? I was under the impression it was used to figure out #1 and then it went head-to-head. I can't find anything on the new KHSAA website.
About 90%. I'll see if I can find it.
  • Author
About 90%. I'll see if I can find it.

 

Thanks.

You can only count victories over 4 teams. Right now Dixie only has one victory so you wouldn't use them.

 

So it may not matter if Conner looses to CCH, the rest are all the same teams .

If it goes Head to head for the 2 and 3 spot Cooper would be 3 .

  • Author
So it may not matter if Conner looses to CCH, the rest are all the same teams .

 

No. If Conner beats CCH they will drop the lowest of the previous 4 teams and slide CCH's 7 wins into their calc.

Whatever you say Hellbird, if it makes you feel better. You have 3 more weeks to drive yourself crazy. There may be a few people in Hebron that still remembers last weeks score. Good luck the rest of the season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.