Beechwood 54 Dayton 20

Here is your game report:

A tale of two halves. Halftime score Dayton 14 Beechwood 7

Dayton went 4 and out on their first possession, going for it from around their own 40. Beechwood had a bad shotgun snap that put them in a 2 and 20 hole and they went 4 and out on their first possession. Dayton then went 3 and out and punted. Beechwood fumbled the punt right back to Dayton at about the 40. Dayton converted on a 4th down pass play of about 15 yards to Austin Brockman for a TD. The 2 point conversion pass was complete and it was 8-0 Dayton. Nussbaum fumbled on the first play and Dayton had the ball again. They hit Brockman with a 35 yard TD pass with 8 seconds to go in the quarter. The 2 point try failed and it was 14-0.

Beechwood scored on their first play in the second quarter on a 60 yard TD run by Nussbaum. Sletto's extra point made it 14-7 with 11:50 to go. Dayton went 3 and out. Beechwood drove from the 41 inside the 10. On 4th down, Nussbaum threw an interception in the end zone that was returned out to the 4 with 15 yards added on due to a personal foul call. Dayton picked up one first down. Then with 1:20 to go in the half at their own 40 they converted on 4th down and ran out the clock, leading 14-7 at halftime.

Beechwood came out in the second half, took care of the ball and asserted their authority. In their first 11 offensive plays, they scored 6 TD's. Here is how it went:

Beechwood - 2 plays; Nussbaum 28 yard TD run; Sletto XP; 11:06; 14-14.

Dayton - 3 and out; -5 yards; punt.

Beechwood - 1 play; Nussbaum 44 yard TD run; Sletto XP; 8:37; 21-14.

Dayton - 3 and out; -17 yards; punt.

Beechwood - 2 plays; Nussbaum 31 yard TD run; 5:08; XP no good; 27-14.

Dayton - Completed pass to Brockman who fumbles.

Beechwood - 2 plays; Cameron Lane 34 yard TD pass to Jaylen Hayden; 2 pt. try no good; 4:07; 33-14.

Dayton - 3 and out.

Beechwood - 3 plays; Nussbaum 14 yard TD run; Sletto XP; 40-14.

4th Quarter

Dayton - Studer intercepts a pass for Beechwood.

Beechwood - 1 play; Thomas 53 yard TD run; Sletto XP; 11:29; 47-14.

Dayton - 3 and out.

Beechwood - This possession was more of a drive with many back ups now in the game. Lane scores on 4th down on a 6 yard run. Sletto XP; 3:48; 54-14.

Dayton - 78 yard pass reception by #29; 2 point try no good; 2:04; 54-20.

Final score 54-20.

Give Dayton credit, they played hard all night and they had a good game plan. They ran the ball to try and control the ball and clock. They went for it on any reasonable 4th down chance. Dayton has some nice players. Beechwood contained Walker but you can tell he is a very good back. The Brewer kid (#18) also runs the ball hard. He must have got hurt because he did not play from about the middle of the second quarter on. TE Brockman was good catching the ball. Dayton has some size up front. I think I will go with Dayton over Bellevue. It should be a good game.

Bottom line, Beechwood turned it over 3 times in the first half and the defense didn't do a good enough job getting off the field. Once they stopped turning it over, it was ball game.

Thanks voice of reason. Your right we played hard but onviously have was to go. We're moving in the right direction. Our players play with class and no personal fouls. The program is heading in the right direction. Coaches and players all all buying into the team philosphy. I Agree beechwood didn't play there a game but kudos to our kids for taking advatage of the mistakes.

Give Dayton credit, they played hard all night and they had a good game plan. They ran the ball to try and control the ball and clock. They went for it on any reasonable 4th down chance. Dayton has some nice players. Beechwood contained Walker but you can tell he is a very good back. The Brewer kid (#18) also runs the ball hard. He must have got hurt because he did not play from about the middle of the second quarter on. TE Brockman was good catching the ball. Dayton has some size up front. I think I will go with Dayton over Bellevue. It should be a good game.

Bottom line, Beechwood turned it over 3 times in the first half and the defense didn't do a good enough job getting off the field. Once they stopped turning it over, it was ball game.

If Dayton plays the way they are fully capable, I don't have any doubt that they can beat Bellevue.

Thanks voice of reason. Your right we played hard but onviously have was to go. We're moving in the right direction. Our players play with class and no personal fouls. The program is heading in the right direction. Coaches and players all all buying into the team philosphy. I Agree beechwood didn't play there a game but kudos to our kids for taking advatage of the mistakes.

Could not have said it better myself. Dayton is moving in the right direction, the kids played with class and intensity.

Game changed when #18 went out for Dayton. That kid would have 3-4 Tigers on him and his legs would be pumping and he would carry them another 3 yards.