Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

YITBOS

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by YITBOS

  1. Add me to the list of folks that enjoy watching the game from the fence. Last week it filled up fast. This week I’m thinking I might need to be at the fence by 6:30!!!! GO BIRDS!!!!!!!
  2. I agree with you Sweep. If we had the best facilities, we would then take unnecessary shots from people who would say “we have more advantages than other schools.” What’s the old saying “hater’s goanna hate.” I like our “12th man” too. The hard work our kids, coaches, parents/boosters put in all year long and the tradition that each team lives up too is what produces our success!
  3. Just a reminder: All Highlands Alumni are invited to attend the annual Highlands Alumni Association Homecoming tailgate party outside the gym at 5:00. The tailgate will have hot dogs, drinks, alumni membership registration, and alumni merchandise available. This is always a free event and a great opportunity to catch up with other Highlands grads. The Highlands Alumni Association will also have tours of the High School renovation on Saturday at 10:00 a.m. and Noon. Hope to see you all there!
  4. Does anyone know the series record historically for these games? I think it would be interesting to see what the total Win/Loss was for these rivalry games as well as the NCC v. Beechwood game.
  5. I could not agree more Leatherneck. In the past I enjoyed logging onto this site to find out information about all the teams throughout Northern Kentucky. In my experience, this site made the games more fun to watch because it gave a forum to find out details about each team and created excitement before every game. The past few months and even at the end of this past football season control has been lost and this site and specifically the football forum has gone in a different direction. You can add me to the list of the many members I have spoken with who are unhappy with the immature and juvenile comments being made. I find myself now logging on reading a post and then shaking my head in disappointment at the product that I am paying to receive. For the record, Cris will be a great addition to the Highlands staff to help develop these student athletes. I have not met many men more generous than Cris. Thank you Cris, for sharing your knowledge with our student athletes.
  6. There is a lot more to turning a team around than what the record shows at the end of the year. Steve is doing a fantastic job building excitement at Holmes. Traditionally, basketball has been more of a focus for a lot of the athletes that walk through Holmes High School. Since Steve has taken over, interest has grown significantly and the overall product on the field has drastically improved as has the overall positives that Steve has brought to the program off the field. Holmes now has a disciplined and fundamentally sound football team. Yes, Holmes, just like every other school in the state, has benefited from 6 classes when post season play is discussed. To say that the Holmes program is just a product of 6 classes is ridiculous. If you can’t see the overwhelming and obvious positives that have taken place in the Holmes football program the past few years then I don’t know what you’re looking at. Steve has had similar success at Dayton and as a previous poster said his background in both High School and College has provided him with the exact experience I would hire in a football coach. IF Steve is the next coach at Campbell County I hope CCHS embraces him and supports his ideas for the future of there program. They have the potential to have a lot of success!
  7. I agree Leatherneck. If we hold Dixie to 14 points and 160 yards we will be in a good position to move onto the next round. I’ll take that any day against a top 5 team in 5A and a top 25 team in the State (Cantrall Rankings). What’s the old saying “If it’s not broken don’t fix it.” I’d say Dale and Brian know what there doing if the above stats are true. Go Birds!
  8. If Beechwood can score 24 on Highlands at Highlands I don’t see why they couldn’t put up 28 on Cov-Cath. I’m not saying it’s going to happen but if they can put 24 on Highlands who had a mix of starters and reserves playing I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility. Covington Catholic get’s better every game and every practice they play. At the end of the year I think they will surprise some people with there overall record. I think the real question in this game is how the Beechwood defense especially up front will match up with Cov-Cath’s o-line and running game.
  9. I agree 100%. Population has a major effect on how this would be determined.
  10. Holmes has a significant amount of speed on both sides of the ball. I will admit that I don’t know a great deal about Bourbon County but I think the overall team speed of Holmes will play a major factor in any team’s game plan. What coach Lickert is doing at Holmes is something special. I hope that people understand and appreciate what coach Lickert can do for football in NKY. Very bight future. Best of luck to both teams.
  11. Does anyone have the full Harlan County schedule?
  12. Agreed! This is a great move by Cooper. JC is a great team and will offer invaluable information in regard to the direction Cooper is going throughout the season. Best of luck to both teams.
  13. Thanks for all the great information! It sounds like things are shaping up for an exciting season. Best of luck Birds!
  14. Does anyone know how the 7 on 7 went today?
  15. Well said. :thumb:
  16. This statement is ridiculous. If I was a Trinity fan I would not be happy. Trinity is one of the most successful programs in the state and for good reason. Just winning state titles is NOT what has made Trinity the great program that it is today. It is the commitment of many, many players, coaches, and fans throughout the years. Some of which, were not on state championship teams. I find it hard to believe that only the teams that win championships are remembered by the Trinity community. Of the many Trinity fans that I have came into contact with and become friends with over the years all have been very classy, friendly, and football intelligent people who I have no doubt would highly disagree with your above statement. I would like to thank all of the Trinity, St. X, and other high schools across the state who have been very supportive and cheerful for Highlands in this victory last Friday. Now, in an attempt to get back on the topic of this thread. I would agree, this year, Highlands, at this point in the season is the best in the state. But as a Highlands fan, I hope they focus on winning one game at a time and win the game that matters most which is played in December.
  17. Well said. It is one thing to build a program which takes a great coach to do. But in my opinion it can be more difficult to take over a program and keep them on top. There are many issues and the expectations can be crazy. The fact of the matter is very simple. There is no clear definition for a great coach or best coach. I think that any coach that educates his or her athletes, and most importantly prepares his or her players for the game of life is a winner in my book. Although winning state titles is nice.
  18. Well said. I as well do not mean to direct this at you Bluesport, but it has become abundantly obvious that this is taking place by certain posters. I look forward to watching two great teams play and hope for a safe, injury free, and rain free home opener. Best of luck to both teams.
  19. Bingo :thumb:
  20. Great win Holmes! Keep it up, one game at a time.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.