Fort Campbell's Antonio Andrews Receives Offer from Air Force

Confirmed scholarship offer for Ft. Campbell QB Antonio Andrews. This is the first D1 offer for Antonio at the QB position. Antonio has received lots of interest as indicated in the article, but most have been as an athlete or DB. Running the triple option in the Mountain West Conference is intriguing to say the least!!

I personally would like to see Antonio at UK on the field at the same time with Randall Cobb, but we will see what he accepts.

Antonio should be Mr. Football; not only a beast on the football field, but a National Honor Society student in the classroom. Admission to a Service Academy is reserved for the cream of the crop - total person concept.

http://theeaglepost.us/articles/2009/10/07/sports/doc4accad717997a676122157.txt

Congratulations Mr. Andrews!! An education at a service academy is a ticket to success in life. The only reason you even consider not taking that offer is if you really think you can play in the league some day. I would love to see more Kentucky players playing at UK but that offer is a tough one to pass up.

I understand you wanted to see him at UK, but growing up in Ft. Campbell or at least playing there how do you think players feel about a scholarship from somewhere like the Airforce vs a UK or something else?

I don't know if Antonio has had a chance to really embrace the once in a lifetime opportunity he has in front of him. I really believe he is fully focused on the 2A Championship for now. The whole high school football experience will be over for him in two months.

The opportunity offered by the Air Force Academy and service as an officer in the Air Force opens many doors for Antonio for the rest of his life.

That is awesome to hear some great news today!!! I haven't had the chance to see Mr. Andrews on the Football field this year, but I will probably wait to see him at the state championship, because I'm for sure he will be there!!! Great to hear an awesome young person that is a leader on the field and in the classroom. He deserves everything he gets. Especially Mr. Kentucky Football!!!!

What if he doesn't have any interest in a military career?

True, you have to do something you enjoy and want. But if he becomes an officer in the Air Force, in 20 years he will be able to pursue whatever he wants with a $6,000+ per month pension check coming his way. That is a nice life at age 42.

True, you have to do something you enjoy and want. But if he becomes an officer in the Air Force, in 20 years he will be able to pursue whatever he wants with a $6,000+ per month pension check coming his way. That is a nice life at age 42.

Sure.

20 years later.