Overall, What part of the state produces the best players?

Blockbuster

NFL would be a stretch. I would base it on division 1 players, be it FBS or FCS. The question is no more arbritrary than the "Overall, where is the best football played".

Forgive me for playing devil's advocate, but it is a big more arbitrary unless more defined. If it is distilled simply down to "where is the best football played?" as you suggest, then we can pretty much eliminate the more rural areas, as the more populated areas of the state are statistically going to have more great players and - generally speaking - better teams on a more consistent / regular basis.

But if you "adjust for population", then what are we going to use to quantify? Division 1 players producted per year per 1,000 population?? This may sound facetious, but it's not...how do you compare a rural area that has produced the occasional D1 player or pro with Louisville or Lexington or Northern Kentucky, which have far more players (and therefore, more statistical probability of producing D1 or professional players).

Too much quantitative analysis for me at 11 o'clock at night... LOL

Forgive me for playing devil's advocate, but it is a big more arbitrary unless more defined. If it is distilled simply down to "where is the best football played?" as you suggest, then we can pretty much eliminate the more rural areas, as the more populated areas of the state are statistically going to have more great players and - generally speaking - better teams on a more consistent / regular basis.

But if you "adjust for population", then what are we going to use to quantify? Division 1 players producted per year per 1,000 population?? This may sound facetious, but it's not...how do you compare a rural area that has produced the occasional D1 player or pro with Louisville or Lexington or Northern Kentucky, which have far more players (and therefore, more statistical probability of producing D1 or professional players).

Too much quantitative analysis for me at 11 o'clock at night... LOL

Your best bet would be something like DI players/per participating players in an area.