Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harlan County 2010

Featured Replies

What does Harlan County need to do to improve in
2010?
What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expected this one to take off fast. There is a lot of enthusiasm in HC for Larkey & Co. I am predicting 8-2 or 9-1 with the depth of a playoff run depending on the development of their new quarterback, likely to be junior Jordy Brewer.

I'm surprised there haven't been more posts in this thread, as well.

 

I'm not real sure how the district is going to play out this season. Whitley Co. will probably be the favorite again, while Clay Co. will be a contender, also. Letcher Co. will be tough, as well. I would probably put Harlan Co. finishing as the third or fourth seed in the district.

 

The district is ultra competitive and too close to call. It could really go any way, but I think these four teams will make the playoffs.

Agree that the seeds could shake out in a number of patterns, but I would propose HC, Whitley, Letcher, and Clay in that order.

Letcher will be the favorite with Harlan County close behind.

Whitley County lost a lot to graduation. I'm sure they're still dangerous, but they have a lot of question marks at this point.

I'll drop Whitley to 4th then but no way HC is not the favorite. HC, Letcher, Clay, Whitley.

I'll drop Whitley to 4th then but no way HC is not the favorite. HC, Letcher, Clay, Whitley.

 

I could see it going either way, but the coaches picked Letcher.

I don't know about Clay being that high considering how much they struggled last year. They do have several very good players though.

Alright, I don't know anything about Clay, was just going on Hoover back and healthy? I'd rather go with North Laurel but was afraid to (since I don't know what I'm talking about).

 

How about HC, Letcher, Whitley and North/Clay tied for 4th? I know I'm disregarding Perry Central and their new regime. I have to live over here, but I'm still a Harlan Countian inside.

I think the coaches picked Clay third, too. I just have a hard time moving somebody up that much after losing every district game a year ago. They do look pretty good on paper though with Reid, Miller, Hooker, Gilbert and Wilson etc....

The Brewer kid has worked hard this offseason he will be just fine! Especially with the way Coach Larkey likes to run the ball. He will have Taylor, McMillian, and Dylon Smith to run the ball with Lewis clearing them a path and getting the tough yards!!! Smith along with a seasonded Austin Maggard will be threats at wideout. The defense should be fast and physical. Go Bears!!!

HC is going to have a serious weapon that was not available last year. I am hearing exceptional things about Dylon Smith.

I can't wait to see Dylan in action this year Bear Paw, as well as the rest of the Bears! Some of the boys are heading out for a lineman camp this morning - GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Letcher won the district last year and returns just about everyone-so I don't see how Harlan County could be favored.

Letcher won the district last year and returns just about everyone-so I don't see how Harlan County could be favored.

It was a three way tie for district and a non distirct game decided the first seed last year. This district is very competitive and is up for grabs. Harlan County returns 9 defensive players and I believe 5 or 6 on offense. Should be able to do a lot more offensively this year and the defense will be very solid again this year. They've been dedicated during the winter and spring. I think this year HC will go over the hump and will have an outstanding season. Glad to have Dylon Smith back from his injury. He's a special player on both sides of the ball. I believe we'll have a lot to cheer about this year!! Go Bears!

I like Mama Bear's argument and enthusiasm. I think last year's winner, even with a lot back, can still be passed in preseason predictions by a team that has made off-season progress. Sticking with the order of HC -1, LC -2, Whitley - 3, Clay -4 (Perry and North could be 4, 5 or 6, and Clay could be 3 if I've over-estimated Whitley). There's my two cents.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.