Everything posted by frmwaydwntwn1212
-
Lafayette/Male
Well, he has coached in three states, and has been a coach at a lot of premier camps.
-
Lafayette/Male
Lafayette will be starting interviews in a couple weeks, heard this from one of the candidates. I can't give you his name, but he is a young coach that is very well thought of in coaching circles around the country.
-
Mike Listerman Steps Down at Covington Catholic
Dawn would be the best choice for CCHS if they want a coach familiar with the Catholic school system.
-
Coaching changes
Saw this in the Middletown paper. Some familiar names on the list. http://www.middletownjournal.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/prepsplus/entries/2011/04/05/middletown_boys_basketball_job.html?cxtype=feedbot
-
Lafayette High School
Is there any word on who will replace Coldiron? What is left in the cupboard for the new coach?
-
Ryle 54 Conner 32
People may think that I am too harsh on Mullins but I have known him for longer than most and have been around him since he was a freshman coach at Ryle. He is a "great" coach when there is talent, but a mediocre coach when there is no talent. A team's defense always looks better when you have a strong big like Vollett and a 6'7" post to block shots inside. I just would like to see Ryle make it to a Regional final. This might be the year but I'm sure Mullins will find a way to lose in the first round like he did last year.
-
Ryle 54 Conner 32
Good win by the Raiders! I still say this team wins in spite of their coach. From the outside it may look like these kids play hard but I promise you that except for his son, the kids have a hard time playing for Allan. The thing that gets missed is he has perhaps the best player in the ninth region in Bobby Stauffer and a good amount of talent around him. There is also more talent sitting on the bench, but never sees the court. Allan plays favorites and will always be a mediocre coach in my opinion. He could win the district back to back but I, and others around the program, know this team and last year's team could do more.
-
Ryle vs. Conner Predictions
Conner by 4 in Overtime!
-
Ryle 51 Boone County 47
The standings would actually be: Boone Ryle Conner Cooper Heritage The one thing Ryle needs to keep looking at is Conner. Jim always has his boys ready for the Tournament. While Ryle did beat them twice in the regular season, it is very hard to beat a team 3 times. I think Conner subscribes to the NBA motto of games don't matter until the Tournament.
-
Campbell County 63 Conner 54
I would guarantee they win the 33rd. The kids from Conner somehow always get overlooked by March. I am predicting a very strong second half of season.
-
If Sullivan gets job at Holmes who will Cooper hire ?
Noel Williams, JV Coach at Ryle, current teacher at Cooper Shawn Garnett, JV Coach at Conner JV Coach at Boone, can't think of his name Trame, teaches at Cooper Brennen Grammer, coached at Ryle and another Boone County school Schumate I could see anyone of those getting it if Sullivan leaves.
-
Ludlows Highfield steps down.
I've heard from some parents out of Ryle that the freshman coach from two years ago has applied. I don't know much about the guy, I think he's little older not real sure, but that team had Stauffer and a few other Varsity contributors on it. Also there may be another coach from Ryle that will apply.
-
Jim Hicks Named Grant County Head Coach
Jim Hicks from where?
-
North Oldham
What is the word out of North Oldham? Candidates? Time table?
-
P.L. Dunbar Head Coach Position
Who are the leading candidates? When is the application deadline?
-
Jeremiah Johnson To Campbellsville
I thought Jeremiah could have played at a small D1 school?
-
Who are some of the best Assistant Coaches?
I think that one thing that gets overlooked is that at the JV level you are just a game coach. you do the drills that the Varsity coach asks you to and are not the only reason for the JV team's success. The freshman coaches really do more coaching than the JV coach and I believe that gets overlooked sometimes.
-
Bryan Station Head Coach position
I don't know who would be interested in a position where the old coach was not backed by the administration.
-
Who are some of the best Assistant Coaches?
I remember in 2005 they had a really good team at Conner and you have to think that the entire staff was pretty good to have that kind of team when they lost key players from the year before. I think that they lost 2 or 3 starters from the year before which means that there were players on the 2005 team that played JV in 2004.
-
Who are some of the best Assistant Coaches?
What about Garnett at Conner. I think it is a shame he hasn't had a chance at a Varsity job yet.
-
Ryle 66 Boone 51
Great win by the Raiders. I have no problem with Alan as a man only as a coach, just I think it's about time they win one in Union. I was impressed with McLeish and the way Ryle didn't even have to run its sets to score against a pour Boone defense. Don't forget, great players can overcome coaching too.
-
Ryle 44 Conner 27
I didn't say they stalled. It took too long for a shot to go up. That is why there was a total of 22 points in the first half. The two schools of their size should not be playing that deliberate of a pace, especially with the skill that both schools have. I understand some schools can't play at the pace of others but that doesn't mean they can't run good offense in 45 seconds. A defense can only play good defense for roughly the first 15 seconds and then there is a breakdown (and yes before you ask I have coached high school basketball and big and small schools). I don't see how having a shot clock would be detrimental to small schools.
-
Ryle 44 Conner 27
I was at this game as well. When you see a team hold the ball for over 1 minute, I say that a shot clock is needed. Just 45 seconds, not 35 like college, but you need one nevertheless. Other states are going to it and we should follow.
-
Ryle 44 Conner 27
Shot clock in HS boys basketball is needed immediately
-
Top Nky freshman teams.. Who do you think will finish in the top 3?
what has happened at Ryle? Didn't they have good freshmen teams the last couple years? maybe even 3-5 years?