Everything posted by frmwaydwntwn1212
-
9th Region Coaches - up and coming
Not implying that he will be forced out I like coach Henley a lot I just think he might move closer to his hometown if he is given the opportunity. With that in mind, the administration and parents really wanted Tim and Pouncey to have the job when Duran and them were Freshmen.
-
9th Region Coaches - up and coming
I understand your passion for this coach but if you look at the qualified coaches in Boone County, Garnett especially, they would be insane to go outside the county. It is different coaching in Boone County Schools than at Holmes High School. And besides, he is a Holmes guy through and through. He will replace Henley, sooner rather than later, and why leave to coach a school that will struggle for 2-3 years?
-
NKAC Freshmen Standings
Forgot Highlands, sorry was just going off the top of my head. Who did Boone lose to?
-
NKAC Freshmen Standings
I figured it was time to start getting the standings together for the upcoming, three weeks away, NKAC Freshmen Tournament at Covington Catholic. Best run Tournament in NKY. Please post Ws and Ls for the following: Beechwood Boone County Conner Cov Cath Dixie Holmes Lloyd New Cath Newport Ryle Scott Simon Kenton
-
9th Region Coaches - up and coming
Cooper will hire a Boone County teacher. They have the first right to the teaching jobs and first right to the extra duty jobs. Then outside hires are made, then if no one wants the coaching job or is not qualified for it, principals and ADs discretion, then it goes to open applicants.
-
Ryle 48 St. Henry 46 (OT)
Here is my issue with many programs JV teams: why keep so many kids. If you want to build a program, you don't want to have 12 guys dressing for a JV game. Keep 8 JV guys, 4-5 of whom dress Varsity as well. Then keep 6-7 Varsity only guys. This would give you a 14-15 man roster for JV and Varsity. This gives time in practice to develop those 14-15 players. I think Ryle has 22 JV and Varsity players, or they did at the beginning of the year, that is way too many. Anything above 15 is too many. I think coaches are afraid to cut players, especially at Ryle.
-
Ryle 48 St. Henry 46 (OT)
I don't think he is playing afraid, I just don't think he is a top level point guard. The Great Game is right in that Ryle's sets all revolve around the perimeter there are no screens set inside and nothing resembles going to the basket off a cut. If Ryle goes to the basket, it is off the dribble. I don't think this helps Ryle's troubles scoring.
-
Ryle 48 St. Henry 46 (OT)
Ryle ended up sweeping St. Henry in 3 very badly officiated games. I only saw the tail end of the Freshmen game but here is something to chew on. Since his starters did not play very well in the first half, they were still winning by 9 or so, Ryle's Freshmen Coach played the entire second half with his bottome five ,one starter and another part-time starter. The parents were saying he had never done that before in a game. Ryle stretched out the lead with these players and won without the game ever being in doubt. Ryle's JV won despite not having Tate Nichols to rely on inside. This is the first time they've played without Tate and played a decent game. Outside of McLeish, Nichols, and Willoughby the JV team just doesn't have the natural basketball ability. Ryle has a bright future but I don't know how many kids from this JV team play next year. Not trying to flame just stating an opinion.
-
9th Region Coaches - up and coming
Here are a couple coaches to think about. The Freshmen coaches at Boone and Ryle have their boys playing tough basketball. They have good talent but are getting more out of that talent than some expected. Ryle has had an injury to one of their starters but still keep playing good basketball.
-
Holy Cross 61 Ryle 52
As a Ryle supporter, I don't know if Mullins is the right choice for Ryle right now. Remember, he was a part of that program as a Freshmen coach that won the region championship. There are only 2 players left from that team that play Varsity as Juniors, Andy Ahern and Steve Helmer. What does it say if you can't keep players on the team that won the Freshmen Championship?
-
Mason Freshman
I get my information directly from the coaching staff. If I'm wrong, blame the staff but I would believe them over you.
-
9th Region Coaches - up and coming
Tim Sullivan is not even a name in Boone County and no he is not going to be on top of the list.
-
Best Freshman Teams/Players in 9th Region
Trevan dont know his last name at Boone is good, their point guard is pretty good too. Conner's point is very good (not good with names) Ryle has a guard and center who are really good, both will be on Varsity next year, if coach Mullins lets them. NCC has a couple bigs that are good.
-
9th Region Coaches - up and coming
What about these coaches, not just their name or where they coach or who they know, would make them a great coach? I am trying not to respond because I have some favorites but don't want to control the topic.
-
9th Region Coaches - up and coming
I think his buddy at Conner, Garnett, is a better coach. I didn't list him because he has been around a while. I could see Garnett getting the Cooper job.
-
9th Region Coaches - up and coming
Is he the AAU Coach that used to coach at Boone Co.? If he is, he belongs with Listerman.
-
Mason Freshman
Their point guard is a great player. I like how he sees the floor and the confidene he has on the court. He is the single reason why they beat Ryle. One question, does Mason County build a lead in every game and then play that slow down style?
-
Best Freshman Teams/Players in 9th Region
I know I'm not being impartial here madman but if size is what impresses you, Ryle has the most size of any freshmen team in NKY. I doubt that Conner has the depth Boone and Ryle has. Once again, I might just favor Ryle and Boone because I am more familiar with their teams.
-
Mason Freshman
Setty is Mason Co. best freshmen in my opinion. Height and ability to stroke it from three. You can't teach height. If he gets stronger, Setty is their next superstar.
-
Best Freshman Teams/Players in 9th Region
My top three teams in 9th for Freshmen in no particular order: Boone Ryle Cov Cath
-
Mason Freshman
#32 is not very aggressive, especially when the ball is not in his hands. He wants to be a guard when #10 should handle the ball out front at all times. #32 will not grow another inch and is not that good of a basketball player in my opinion.
-
9th Region Coaches - up and coming
With all this talk about coaches it got me thinking who the up and coming coaches in NKY are. I would like to restrict this to JV Coaches, Freshmen Coaches, or Varsity assistant coaches. Please don't list assistant coaches that have been at the same school for years because they don't qualify as up and coming.
-
Mason Freshman
Setty could be very impressive if he would work on his mid range game and inside game more. He is 6'6" and wants to play primarily outside. While I agree this could get him a scholarship if he wants to be a complete player he should work on all aspects of his game. I would love to see him play more from 15' in.
-
Best Freshman Teams/Players in 9th Region
Madman, what makes Conner stick out over Boone, Cov Cath and Ryle? I know they have beaten Cov Cath and Boone but haven't played Ryle yet. Ryle lost to Boone but that was their only loss in NKY. Conner lost to St. Henry and someone else. I am not trying to question your opinion I just want to know what makes Conner look the best.
-
Mason Freshman
What # is Setty on the team? If he is #32, I wasn't that impressed with his game. Reading this board you would've thought he was the second coming of Darius.