Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

frmwaydwntwn1212

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by frmwaydwntwn1212

  1. In the past four years, only Conner and Boone have been out of Districts at least two out of four years. Ryle has historically been the most disappointing of all the schools. I don't know if it is the coach because even Nate Niemi struggled with this problem. Maybe, it is the kids who have the problem. They don't get up for many games and seem to lose some they shouldn't ever year.
  2. Sorry for the confusion. My school(s) are the Boone County schools, Ryle, Boone and Conner. I am leaving out Cooper because of their young beginning. I expect from the three schools, all of which are 6A in football, to have at least two winning seasons out of four and to be competitive when they are not winning versus the other NKAC teams. I also expect these to compete for a regional title every 5-6 years. I don't think this is too much considering that the smallest of the three, Conner, has 1300 students.
  3. I get criticized alot for expecting too much from my school's basketball coach. What I think we should do is give me the expectations of each school. What should each level, Division I-VI, should expect and also should there be expectations on coaches?
  4. Bearcat, don't question Ryle's coaching this board will eat you alive, but I agree 100%.
  5. They did make it to the region last year in probably the weakest 33rd District in the past 10 years. Cooper, Conner and Heritage weren't exactly the stiffest competition. Nate went to state and still was criticized every year.
  6. Well, I just don't get why the kids at Ryle, and yes my kid goes there, have to suffer under poor coaching. Nate Niemi was a way better coach and you guys on here always questioned him when he didn't win, why the standard isn't the same for Alan I do not know. Give me one good reason that Ryle should not be anticipating ridding themselves of Alan. If Alan can beat Boone one time this year and sweep Conner, which they should, then I will not question him. They are a better team than what the caliber of coach is at that school.
  7. Is it time for a change at Ryle? Coach Mullins is 0-8 against Boone and 2-3 against Conner, the two wins being last year when Conner didn't have the greatest team. They have lost to Boone by an average of 13.63 points per game. This is not acceptable in Union. They have to get better coaching. I think that this is a pivotal year for Mullins and if they don't fair better then this could, and should, be his last year with the Raiders.
  8. I was told today that Ryle has a new Frosh coach. What happened to the old coach? Did he go somewhere else or move up?
  9. Losing Brown really hurts Ryle. He has a older brother so this doubly hurts them. I also know they have a new freshmen coach, I don't know where he came from or who he is so can't say much about him.
  10. Since it is relatively dead around here, maybe this will get it going. Name the Top 5 Coaches at the Varsity, JV, and Freshmen level from the 9th Region.
  11. He was at Ryle's banquet this week and I have not heard that he was leaving the program. I would seriously doubt he would be considered for the job at Lakota. He is a Northern Kentucky guy and not known outside some circles.
  12. I think that to play in a college building, a state of the art one at that , would be more of a thrill for the student athlete and that is who we really care about. I am sorry if the parents can't come to the game, but it really isn't worth all this hoopla that the 10th region people are giving it.
  13. Once again, get off the dirt roads and venture to civilization and watch some games in person rather than listen to amateur hour trying to broadcast a "HIGH SCHOOL" game. I think some of you just want to find a reason to complain because the games aren't at Mason.
  14. If you counted on JV and Freshmen Championships to predict the 9th, than Cov Cath should have won every 9th region championship in the 90s and early 2000s. Only recently has anyone but them won it consistantly. I have to be honest, Boone avoided several of the good schools in the Frosh and JV tourneys these past couple years because of upsets and that happens. Good season to the Rebs but I believe coaching evens out their "superior talent" because I grade their coaching a C-. If Jim Hicks or Dave Faust had that talent, they would win the region pretty consistantly.
  15. Here is why they don't have any radio or internet broadcats is that every school that has one would want to have their guys there. If they allow one they would have to allow all better to not allow any than to fight that battle. I understand it and you should too.
  16. Maybe those tenth region people can buy a car and just make the trip down the new roads that were paved called I-75!
  17. I have kept quiet long enough! 30 points, in a Varsity basketball game?! There is no reason this should happen. Especially in a school filled with athletes like Ryle. It isn't like Boone tries to slow down the tempo either. Last night, I was a little embarrassed for the players. It seems like they are forced to slow their game down. I wish Ryle had a more uptempo game and would take it to their opponents a little. Hopefully they'll make it out of the districts this year.
  18. Right now, Boone County. I don't know anything really about Ryle' freshmen this year. Is it the same coach as last year? They could use some more height if this summer is any indication of the team. Boone has some big boys and a good guard.
  19. Zeke will still play freshmen ball.
  20. I am getting word that the two teams to beat are Dixie and Ryle with Boone being a distant third.
  21. PB, I have been in the NKY area for longer than most people on this board and have watched and coached the Boone County teams for 26+ years. I know a thing or two about this team and I know they are overrated.
  22. Can you say overrated? This team continually goes into each season with high expectations and no return. McQueary is the most overrated coach and has yet to prove he can coach in the 33rd let alone the 9th region. I don't see this team falling in districts again, Conner is very down and Cooper is just beginning, but I don't see them as 9th region contenders. McFarland is a good player, but can't shoot. Their center is okay and they lost one of their best players to Scott County. Also, Cooper Downs and the other freshman are just that, freshman. Trevan Brown is undersized to play on the varsity level. Look for Ryle to win the 33rd this year and be in the Region Final against Holmes.
  23. That is completely wrong. No matter if they were at the VOLUNTARY off season workouts you cannot demand different criteria in tryouts. It is against KHSAA rules.
  24. What do the four Boone schools look like?
  25. I would have to say that Ryle is now a definite dark horse to win a lot of games in the 9th with word out of homecoming that Kurt Russell is back with the basketball team. This will give Ryle a huge frontcourt with Nichols and Russell at the 4 and 5. Combine that with an experienced PG in Ahern and two very good Juniors at the 2 and 3. The one place they will suffer is depth.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.