Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Frosh Basketball Chatter

Featured Replies

Lets hear about some of the NKY teams and how they will look this season.

 

Some teams that should field good teams IMO will be the following.

 

Conner- had a very good 8th grade team last year. Well coached group who played well as a team. Padgett/Kunkel are a couple of names to watch.

 

Ryle- Pavey will be their go-to guy I am sure. Morgan is another strong player but I heard Nick Brown transferred to GC.

 

Highlands- good nucleus coming back McCoy/Turner/Witte/Christian but word is Collinsworth is lifting weights and not playing.

 

Brossart- Saunders is a dynamite player and they always play tough hard-nosed defense. Uebel and Frommeyer will be quick guards as well.

 

NCC- tons of guards in Pangallo/Devoto/Beuter/Dupont-Highlands transfer and Nate Grosser will be one of the best big men in the area.

 

Simon Kenton- Swanson/Sampson/Jackson/Racke this might be the team to beat in NKY this year. They will benefit from strong 8th grade Summit View and Twenhofel teams.

 

Cov Cath- Im sure they will get the best of the best from Pius/Blessed Sac/Agnes, etc

 

Beechwood- Max Nussbaum express will be in full force.

 

Holmes- they are athletic and have a very good point guard.

 

Cooper- I expect them to be very good. They had a strong Camp Ernst 8th grade team last year and the frosh football team is having success.

  • Replies 186
  • Views 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add Tanner Norton to the Brossart list. From what I understand, subtract Sampson, Swanson and Monson from SK's list as they are playing JV as well as Jackson, he's attending Scott. Noel Robinson is playing up on the freshman level with what is still a very good nucleus!

Coach Maddy and the Camels will have their work cut out for them this year. The best in the class (McGovney) will be playing up as he played freshman last year.

 

Some of the impact players for this year are Cory Barth, Rob Franzen, Cody Canady and Bobby Moore.

  • Author
Add Tanner Norton to the Brossart list. From what I understand, subtract Sampson, Swanson and Monson from SK's list as they are playing JV as well as Jackson, he's attending Scott. Noel Robinson is playing up on the freshman level with what is still a very good nucleus!

 

Norton I figured would follow his brother's footsteps, he is a solid player.

 

Interesting info on the 3 Pioneers, is SK lacking JV talent? Not that those kids arent fine players but for a school that size I wouldnt think they would have to add 3 solid Freshman to the JV unless they are down and those kids will see significant playing time.

 

I was unaware Jackson was going to Scott.

 

Who will SK have on their squad?

  • Author
Coach Maddy and the Camels will have their work cut out for them this year. The best in the class (McGovney) will be playing up as he played freshman last year.

 

Some of the impact players for this year are Cory Barth, Rob Franzen, Cody Canady and Bobby Moore.

 

Barth is a load....he manhandled the Bird Big man last year in the 8th grade game but the supporting cast was limited. Thanks for the update though.

I think Scott is going to be pretty decent with the boys from Woodland and add in Jackson and Pouncy from Summit View. If anything, they will be BIG!

  • Author
I think Scott is going to be pretty decent with the boys from Woodland and add in Jackson and Pouncy from Summit View. If anything, they will be BIG!

 

Woodland had a very nice team last season and add those two and the Eagles will be very good. Nice program over there.

Beechwood should be an interesting team to watch, if Nussbaum plays freshman that is.

Norton I figured would follow his brother's footsteps, he is a solid player.

 

Interesting info on the 3 Pioneers, is SK lacking JV talent? Not that those kids arent fine players but for a school that size I wouldnt think they would have to add 3 solid Freshman to the JV unless they are down and those kids will see significant playing time.

 

I was unaware Jackson was going to Scott.

 

Who will SK have on their squad?

 

This is just speculation since football's not over but:

From Twenhofel: Racke, Barnes, Bach, Ayers, Bowling, Reckner, Robinson (7th grade) plus I'm missing a couple that I don't know.

 

Summit View: Huesman, Gambrell, Yanke

Suprised to see that SK is moving up Robinson- haven't been impressed by him considering he is so much older than the kids he's been playing against.

 

I would watch out for Scott- good size and super talent coming through Taylor Mill. Once Brad gets his hands on them they may be contenders in a few years to take the trophy out of Mason/Montgomery counties.

Didn't realize that Swanson was moving up to JV- thought he had to try out like everyone else.

 

Let me at Brossart to the mix, along with Scott. They have the nucleus of a great team- with depth a big concern.

As of right now Johnson, Sampson, and Monson are playing JV. Racke, Ayers, Bowling and Swanson are still at football.

Didn't realize that Swanson was moving up to JV- thought he had to try out like everyone else.

 

Let me at Brossart to the mix, along with Scott. They have the nucleus of a great team- with depth a big concern.

 

 

 

Like I said...just speculating!!

Suprised to see that SK is moving up Robinson- haven't been impressed by him considering he is so much older than the kids he's been playing against.

 

I would watch out for Scott- good size and super talent coming through Taylor Mill. Once Brad gets his hands on them they may be contenders in a few years to take the trophy out of Mason/Montgomery counties.

 

 

 

Haven't seen the kid play myself, but unless the powers that be at SK say different, I wouldn't think he would get that much playing time on this team. Of course, the top 2 point guards are on JV, so??????????

Lets hear about some of the NKY teams and how they will look this season.

 

Some teams that should field good teams IMO will be the following.

 

Conner- had a very good 8th grade team last year. Well coached group who played well as a team. Padgett/Kunkel are a couple of names to watch.

 

Ryle- Pavey will be their go-to guy I am sure. Morgan is another strong player but I heard Nick Brown transferred to GC.

 

Highlands- good nucleus coming back McCoy/Turner/Witte/Christian but word is Collinsworth is lifting weights and not playing.

 

Brossart- Saunders is a dynamite player and they always play tough hard-nosed defense. Uebel and Frommeyer will be quick guards as well.

 

NCC- tons of guards in Pangallo/Devoto/Beuter/Dupont-Highlands transfer and Nate Grosser will be one of the best big men in the area.

 

Simon Kenton- Swanson/Sampson/Jackson/Racke this might be the team to beat in NKY this year. They will benefit from strong 8th grade Summit View and Twenhofel teams.

 

Cov Cath- Im sure they will get the best of the best from Pius/Blessed Sac/Agnes, etc

 

Beechwood- Max Nussbaum express will be in full force.

 

Holmes- they are athletic and have a very good point guard.

 

Cooper- I expect them to be very good. They had a strong Camp Ernst 8th grade team last year and the frosh football team is having success.

 

Brown did transfer which will hurt. Pavey and Morgan havne't set foot on the court yet due to football so they will be a little behind. I honestly think they go as Mays goes this year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.