Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Frosh Basketball Chatter

Featured Replies

Did SK already have try-outs, and determine final Frosh/JV/Varsity Rosters? I am surprised that anyone has already done this since wasn't 10/15 opening day so to speak.

  • Replies 186
  • Views 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Brown did transfer which will hurt. Pavey and Morgan havne't set foot on the court yet due to football so they will be a little behind. I honestly think they go as Mays goes this year.

 

I forgot about Mays, he is a deep threat and has nice handles. Will they move the big 8th grader up. I cant think of his name but he was a load last year on the 7th grade team and he plays frosh Ryle football.

  • Author
This is just speculation since football's not over but:

From Twenhofel: Racke, Barnes, Bach, Ayers, Bowling, Reckner, Robinson (7th grade) plus I'm missing a couple that I don't know.

 

Summit View: Huesman, Gambrell, Yanke

 

I would expect them to still be very very good with Barnes/Huesman the deep ball threats and Racke and Ayers working the paint.

I think Scott is going to be pretty decent with the boys from Woodland and add in Jackson and Pouncy from Summit View. If anything, they will be BIG!

 

Pouncy...what's his 1st name? Bert?

I forgot about Mays, he is a deep threat and has nice handles. Will they move the big 8th grader up. I cant think of his name but he was a load last year on the 7th grade team and he plays frosh Ryle football.

 

Qryche as far as I know Tom is not being moved up. He has been playing this summer in the AAU at SOAS with the 8th grade team.

Suprised to see that SK is moving up Robinson- haven't been impressed by him considering he is so much older than the kids he's been playing against.

 

I would watch out for Scott- good size and super talent coming through Taylor Mill. Once Brad gets his hands on them they may be contenders in a few years to take the trophy out of Mason/Montgomery counties.

 

Robinson will do fine. He can dribble well...6' point guard that can get the ball where it needs to go.

Qryche as far as I know Tom is not being moved up. He has been playing this summer in the AAU at SOAS with the 8th grade team.

 

A varsity coach from Boone County told me that kids could not play up from middle school in Boone County unless they played Varsity. Is this a true statement, and if so why does the rule exist?

Pouncy...what's his 1st name? Bert?

 

Eric is at Scott. Bert is at Dixie, and is a freshman as well.

  • Author
Qryche as far as I know Tom is not being moved up. He has been playing this summer in the AAU at SOAS with the 8th grade team.

 

Ok, thanks. Tom Deitz right? Nice athlete for Ryle.

I think Scott and Simon Kenton are the two deepest teams, however that doesn't mean they are the two best.

 

I haven't seen how the other teams will fall into place now that they are in HS.

Pendleton County has a great Freshman class. However their best two freshman, Monroe and Strong, may not play freshman basketball.

Ok, thanks. Tom Deitz right? Nice athlete for Ryle.

 

Tom Deters is is name I believe.

From what I've heard, SK has a fine freshman class.

From what I've heard, SK has a fine freshman class.

 

A ton of athletes in this freshman class.

Losing Brown really hurts Ryle. He has a older brother so this doubly hurts them. I also know they have a new freshmen coach, I don't know where he came from or who he is so can't say much about him.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.