Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Frosh Basketball Chatter

Featured Replies

Fredricks is a nice player, but he's nowhere near where Nesto was as a freshman. He's got talent and could be very very good, but Nesto is one of the top 5 point guards I've seen in NKY since I started watching.

 

With that said I've only been watching HS BBALL around here since 1997 or so.

  • Replies 186
  • Views 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fredricks is a nice player, but he's nowhere near where Nesto was as a freshman. He's got talent and could be very very good, but Nesto is one of the top 5 point guards I've seen in NKY since I started watching.

 

With that said I've only been watching HS BBALL around here since 1997 or so.

I think Clyde is just talking about ball handling. Frederick can handle the ball right now as well as any PG I've seen at CovCath in 6 seasons. He has to grow to be ready for the big boys. Don't forget, Todd was almost a year older than most in his class.

Fredricks is a nice player, but he's nowhere near where Nesto was as a freshman. He's got talent and could be very very good, but Nesto is one of the top 5 point guards I've seen in NKY since I started watching.

 

With that said I've only been watching HS BBALL around here since 1997 or so.

 

I should re-phrase my comment. The person said it in specifically in regards to ball-handling. Still nice praise.

The best freshman I ever saw was Scott Draud. In the eighth grade we (Tichenor) actually beat his Turkeyfoot team which never lost. I believe we held Draud to 33. He averaged about 50.

I knew a PT guard from CovCath who led CovCath to a state final and to the sweet sixteen in his senior year before losing out to the State Champion Glasgow.

 

The guy wore #13 and his name, Jimmy Cooper. If young Mr. Fredrick matches up to Jim, then he will be a great one!

 

TJ got moved up at Christmas of his freshman year. Bovard also moved up that year.

TJ got moved up at Christmas of his freshman year. Bovard also moved up that year.

 

I am not trying to take anything away from these two, homestly, but one does need to consider the overall situation the team is in with regards to players and moving up. I mean, we had a freshman score varsity points for us last year!

  • Author

8 days away from Highlands first game vs. Holy Cross. Does anyone know what the Indians have this season? Someone mentioned in the thread earlier that one of the St. Joe's Crescent Springs bigs is attending HC.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.