Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKAC Freshmen

Featured Replies

  • Replies 90
  • Views 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

So I guess there is no interest in Freshmen in NKY this year. Must mean most posters were parents last year.

From what I saw at some of the summer games, Boone looked good, even without Downs and McCreary playing (they played JV). Ryle also looked pretty good. Dixie was OK, but I think they were playing some of their younger kids (I could be wrong about that). I know many of the summer games don't have all of the players, so it is hard to go by.

 

It is difficult to say this early because you never know who will make the team as Freshman and who will be pulled up to JV/Varsity. That will make a difference in the freshman teams.

 

As 8th graders, Gray was really good. Tichenor won the NKAC championship. They have some talent, but are inconsistent at times. Ockerman and R.A. Jones finish out the Final Four and will both pretty much combine into one team at Boone.

 

I was also impressed with Campbell County and Highlands 8th grade teams last year. Turkeyfoot 8th grade team was also supposed to be pretty good (I didn't have a chance to see them play though).

Zeke Pike will probably be the best freshman in Northern Kentucky. Very talented and very athletic.

 

I am guessing he will get some good varsity minutes for Dixie.

From what I saw at some of the summer games, Boone looked good, even without Downs and McCreary playing (they played JV). Ryle also looked pretty good. Dixie was OK, but I think they were playing some of their younger kids (I could be wrong about that). I know many of the summer games don't have all of the players, so it is hard to go by.

 

It is difficult to say this early because you never know who will make the team as Freshman and who will be pulled up to JV/Varsity. That will make a difference in the freshman teams.

 

As 8th graders, Gray was really good. Tichenor won the NKAC championship. They have some talent, but are inconsistent at times. Ockerman and R.A. Jones finish out the Final Four and will both pretty much combine into one team at Boone.

 

I was also impressed with Campbell County and Highlands 8th grade teams last year. Turkeyfoot 8th grade team was also supposed to be pretty good (I didn't have a chance to see them play though).

 

St. Mary's, St. Joesph (both Cold Spring and Cresent Springs) had pretty good 8th grade teams last year if I'm not mistaken?

Zeke Pike will probably be the best freshman in Northern Kentucky. Very talented and very athletic.

 

I am guessing he will get some good varsity minutes for Dixie.

 

He should, he's 16

He should, he's 16

 

Not true. Zeke is still 15 years old.

Not true. Zeke is still 15 years old.

 

You sure? I was told he was driving last summer.

You sure? I was told he was driving last summer.

 

Absolutely positive. A lot of people think he is older than he is because he was held back as a seventh grader.

Ok - guess it wasn't him the kids saw driving thru the neighborhood then last summer. No big deal to me.

Saw Zeke Pike play some this summer,looked good some games,really likes to shoot 3's and missed some that he should have made under the basket. Needs to get alot stronger,he'll be a nice player in a few years

Absolutely positive. A lot of people think he is older than he is because he was held back as a seventh grader.

 

Am I wrong that Zeke will turn 16 before the end of his Freshman year? This comes from several Dixie families that have stated this. I believe that it was true that he had to quit the Raiders program and play for the middle school team due to his age.

How about Parker Stansberry, a true freshman and a young one at that. Will he be playing for Dixie this year. The last time I saw him he was about 6'3" and dangerous from the the three point line.

Who are some of the freshman playing for Cov Catholic this year?

How about Parker Stansberry, a true freshman and a young one at that. Will he be playing for Dixie this year. The last time I saw him he was about 6'3" and dangerous from the the three point line.

 

What's a true Freshman????

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.