Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

frmwaydwntwn1212

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by frmwaydwntwn1212

  1. I watched them this summer and they seemed out of sync most of the time. The Robinson kid is good but not great at any position and they don't have a true shooter like they have in the past. I still think they're 2nd in their district. I think Steiner gives them an edge over some teams though. Curious as to what you think about the other NKY teams in the 32nd.
  2. Agree with 1 & 2 just based on last year. A few things though: 1) SK seems too high with losing two of their best players and lost a lot of scoring. 2) Heard Oldham County lost one of their top players. Didn't get a name of who though. 3) Grant County should be higher based on what I saw this summer but also due to the fact they have 2 of the top 10 preseason players I would have assumed CatsPause would have too. 4) Owen County may go up if the Gallatin transfer makes an impact.
  3. They can, but so could Oldham Co, Shelby Co, Collins, or Simon Kenton. It will all depend on who's playing well at the end of the year. I always look at guard play and that gives Oldham Co, Shelby and Grant an advantage as they have a lot of them that can play. I liked Grant this summer because they have guards and bigs though.
  4. I anticipate Grant County to be good just from what I saw from them at SK this summer. Very balanced and one of the more complete teams that I saw. Looking at my notes, Seth Adkins and Austin Johnson are a great back court and they have a big (didn't get his name) that played very good against Dixie and Holmes. I like to gauge how a coach feels about his team by looking at the schedule and Grant has a tough schedule. Some key dates that I saw on KHSAA: 12/5 - v. Male - a good 7th region team 12/11 - v. Lafayette - tough team from the 11th 12/16 - @ Oldham County - could be for bragging rights as best team in 8th 1/23 - @ Simon Kenton - most likely for the 1-seed in the 32nd 1/30 - @ Collins 1/31 - @ Dixie 2/7 - @ Campbell County - top team in the 10th 2/14 - v. Scott County - top team in the 11th 2/19 - v. Holmes - top 3 team in the 9th Not exactly a schedule that Grant County normally plays. Good luck to the Braves.
  5. Leading scorer and point guard Caleb Beckham is not listed on this year's roster. I know tryouts have not happened yet but a coach would physically have to go in and move a kid from the roster this early for them not to transfer from last year's roster. I am going to assume the rumors of him enrolling at Owen County are true. If this is the case, I expect Gallatin to struggle mightily this season. But looking at the schedule they currently have on KHSAA it looks like the coach may have anticipated this struggle.
  6. Sorry they don't play this season but if they did I think Campbell would win.
  7. Can't go by summer alone though. Grant county beat Holmes in June. SK didn't have an impressive summer at all. Dixie's bigs struggled at SK. I think Campbell county is going to be better than Holmes when the meet up in the season.
  8. Disagree! Their defense was bad (see them vs Williamstown) and they didn't play anyone. Carson is good but they are TINY at every other spot. Don't see them challenging in the 8th.
  9. A few things, I think Cov Cath should be #1 to start the year. I saw them this summer and while they'll miss Nick, they looked really good. I'd take Holmes above Dixie. I like Campbell in the 10th and have them above Dixie and Holmes. Are you not including Grant County? They're in the 8th and after seeing them this summer are my favorite in the 8th, way above Walton this year. My rankings: 1. Cov Cath - best system 2. New Cath - best inside out combo 3. Campbell Co. - best team in 10th 4. Holmes - guards are awesome and guards win at all levels 5. Dixie - guard play is suspect 6. Mason Co. - very balanced 7. Grant County - big and balanced 8. Harrison Co. - Lost a starter by transfer 9. Shelby Co. - return a lot but depth is a question 10. Simon Kenton - need to replace scoring and leadership
  10. Saw bracken a couple times. Offense was not the issue defense was and I didn't see that being fixed this summer. I think it'll be a long year in Bracken. I wouldn't be surprised if this was Crawfords last with the polar bears.
  11. I think Oldham County and Grant County will have something to say about that. Not too impressed with their 4 returning starters.
  12. Went to Grant County last night to watch Pendleton and Boone. Pendleton opened against Grant who played what I assume is their JV team. Pendleton beat Grant's JV and got smoked by Boone. Belcher had some nice sets. Seems to favor the flex. Boone v Grant was a good game. Both teams played hard and I was impressed with Grant's big man and of course Stanley for Boone. Neither team shot very well but I contribute that to both playing solid defense. One final takeaway. I was impressed with how coach Grammer stuck up for his players. There was a hard foul by Boone and the official seemed to yell at Grants player. Grammer went right at the official and told him he'll take care of his players. I didn't see Grant do anything to deserve being yelled at by the official.
  13. Real Quick thoughts from yesterday: 1) James Bolden is great, Holmes is not...yet! McClendon looked real passive and average in the first game, looked better in the second. 2) Cov Cath is my pick in the 9th. They just do everything very well. They defend, shoot, handle the ball, rebound. There is no glaring weakness on this team. #21, their PG, is good and they don't need him to score to be successful and he's a good facilitator. 3) Grant County is my pick in the 8th. They have athletes and a very good point guard. They also have a lot of players that can shoot the ball. Adkins was very good all day. 4) Dixie will struggle to begin the year but I think they'll be top 5-6 in the 9th by end of the year. Just so many bigs but not all can play at the same time. 5) Campbell looks like they're going to take a little step back from last season. Dre looked like he is forcing things a lot more this year than he did last season. But they good win the 10th. Yesterday had some very good games: Grant v Holmes, Holmes v CC, CC v SK were all excellent games. The beginning of Grant v Cov Cath was very good but Grant lost its legs in the second half. There may have been 3 future region winners on the floor last night: Cov Cath, Grant, and Campbell. Overall, great job done by SK in hosting this event.
  14. Wasn't able to make it last night but I'm going to the Grant v. Holmes, Holmes v. Campbell, SK v. Campbell, and Grant v. Conner games tonight. will have a wrap up tomorrow.
  15. SK v. Scott Pracht for SK played really well. Good finisher inside. Did a good job taking his man to the bucket but Scott looked bad. Once their player went down with an ankle injury, don't know the number, they had no one to handle the ball. SK was too much for them. Grant v. Cooper Good game with some quality defense and offense. McNeil for Cooper did a little bit of everything offensively. Grant was balanced but Adkins was a force offensively and once he matched up with McNeil did a good job defensively. Grant was deeper than Cooper but I don't know if they had everyone. SK v. Cov Cath Cov Cath may have lost Ruthsatz but they will be a top 3 team in the 9th. Very balanced and that's with them missing a couple players I believe. Vonhandorf will take over this team by the beginning of the season. He's very good! Schuh played well but I think he's doing too much outside on offense. Also, looked to whine a lot at no-calls. It's summer and you won't get those calls right now. Robinson for SK played very good in the second half. They used his size on mismatches in the post. He has a good overall game but is very passive. Pracht had a very nice game again. Would like to see how well he shoots the ball from the outside, most his game is going to the rim. Grant v. Dixie Didn't stick around for the whole game, started after 8:30, but Grant looked really good in the first half. Flat out dominant. Dixie was much bigger and I anticipated them just pounding on Grant but they couldn't as Grant swarmed them inside. Can't give a great breakdown of guys who played well as I didn't see the 4th quarter. But Adkins and Johnson for Grant are going to be tough to go against in the 8th. Shreck was solid for Dixie. Post players left a lot to be desired. Hopefully, I'll be back tonight and will have some more to give.
  16. Grant County just tweeted they're hosting games this weekend. They have Ryle, Boone, Highlands, Jackson County, Paris, Danville, and Simon Kenton coming. Here's the schedule they posted: Saturday, June 07, 2014 9:20 AM Boone v Highlands 10:40 AM Boone v Paris 12:00 PM Paris v Highlands 1:20 PM Jackson Co v Sim Kenton 2:40 PM Highlands v Danville 4:00 PM Danville v Sim Kenton 5:20 PM Jackson Co v Grant Co. 6:40 PM Jackson Co v Ryle 8:00 PM Ryle v Grant Co. Sunday, June 08, 2014 1:30 PM Danville v Grant Co 3:00 PM Danville v Paris 4:30 PM Paris v Grant Co.
  17. Expect a coach with a reputation of moving to apply for this job. Can't give his name but he had never stayed anywhere too long.
  18. They give up 3 ppg less than GC not exactly a lot better defense. I will admit that GCs defense is suspect at times. But they are very balanced offensively. If you would've watched the game at SK you would have seen that in the 2nd half. SK sneaked out with that one.
  19. What makes you say that? Looking at the two teams, GC is on more of a roll than SK.
  20. Shot 47% from 3...these stats are readily available on KHSAA. Fouls are not supposed to be equal. Sometimes a team fouls more than another. I have seen a lot of GC's games and they are an attacking team that gets teams in foul trouble. It's who they are, sounds like bad scouting on CC's part!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.