Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bracken County 2014-2015

Featured Replies

  • Replies 43
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2014-2015 Polar Bears will be a very young team. With only 1 senior and 2 or 3 juniors. Will not be a big team eithier. With that said they will still be a competitive team. 2/3 of the starting five will be Sophmores. With Austin Crawford leading the way. The team will go as he goes. He is their star. He averaged around 23 ppg as a freshman. In the backcourt wit Crawford will be fellow Sophmore Jacob Hamiliton. Hamiliton is a 5'10" guard that compliments Crawford very well. He has a very good outside shot and can at times drive to the basket and create contact. Last season he usually was the first off the bench. And when their was an injury he was in the starting five.

 

In the front court I see Sophmore Brady Jones being a player that can make an impact. He's a 6'3"ish foward that can play with his back to the basket. Probally will be undersized against a lot of the bigs in the 10th but he has a good motor and give a lot of effort. Last season he seen some varsity time and started a couple games. Needs to really work on his footwork and getting to the basket. Improving his rebounding aggressiveness will also be a plus.

 

Also in the front court I see Cole Todd possible seeing an increase in minutes. He is their lone senior. He had very good leaping ability and can get a lot of boards. Being a defensive presence will be very important for him to ensure his PT. Also footwork around the basket will need some work.

 

I see the Polar Bears playing a lot of three guard sets with Kolton Williams being the third guard. He is a 5'10"ish guard with a very good outside shot. He should get a lot of oppertunities to be the recipient of the drive and kick. He's a spot up shooter and likes to catch and fire. If he's on he can create headaches for the other team. I liken him to Augusta's Conner Maddox. Maybe not the same level as Maddox but their style of game is similar.

 

Another possible starter if they want a little more size could be 6'4" Jarrod Lippertt. He's a big kid that can battle for rebounds, and post up. He's raw but can't be ignored. Footwork is also an issue.

 

Their bench will not be very deep and very young. They may go 6-8 deep. Cooper Egnes will probally see some playing time. He is a good ball handler and can step in to give Crawford or Hamilton a breather. Dylan Biddle could also fill in the gaps when needed. He's a 6'2"ish junior.

 

Overall I don't think scoring will be a problem, but being a small team rebounding could be an issue. There are some good shooters (free throw and 3pt). They really need to have a good defensive scheme. While their size could be looked at as a disadvantage if they can be quick and force some pressure on defense maybe they can create a lot of turnovers and transition scoring, could be a big asset for them.

 

I'm positive the new coach Jeremy Miles will have the boys ready. I've not yet had an oppertunity to meet him. But I've heard nothing but great things about him. Sounds like a great guy and has a very good basketball mind. Only time will tell about this yrs squad. They are very young and I anticipate some growing pains throughout the season. With that said I'm confident they can make a run in the All A. That should be a little more wide open this year. And I also expect them to return to the 10th region tournament again this season.

The 2014-2015 Polar Bears will be a very young team. With only 1 senior and 2 or 3 juniors. Will not be a big team eithier. With that said they will still be a competitive team. 2/3 of the starting five will be Sophmores. With Austin Crawford leading the way. The team will go as he goes. He is their star. He averaged around 23 ppg as a freshman. In the backcourt wit Crawford will be fellow Sophmore Jacob Hamiliton. Hamiliton is a 5'10" guard that compliments Crawford very well. He has a very good outside shot and can at times drive to the basket and create contact. Last season he usually was the first off the bench. And when their was an injury he was in the starting five.

 

In the front court I see Sophmore Brady Jones being a player that can make an impact. He's a 6'3"ish foward that can play with his back to the basket. Probally will be undersized against a lot of the bigs in the 10th but he has a good motor and give a lot of effort. Last season he seen some varsity time and started a couple games. Needs to really work on his footwork and getting to the basket. Improving his rebounding aggressiveness will also be a plus.

 

Also in the front court I see Cole Todd possible seeing an increase in minutes. He is their lone senior. He had very good leaping ability and can get a lot of boards. Being a defensive presence will be very important for him to ensure his PT. Also footwork around the basket will need some work.

 

I see the Polar Bears playing a lot of three guard sets with Kolton Williams being the third guard. He is a 5'10"ish guard with a very good outside shot. He should get a lot of oppertunities to be the recipient of the drive and kick. He's a spot up shooter and likes to catch and fire. If he's on he can create headaches for the other team. I liken him to Augusta's Conner Maddox. Maybe not the same level as Maddox but their style of game is similar.

 

Another possible starter if they want a little more size could be 6'4" Jarrod Lippertt. He's a big kid that can battle for rebounds, and post up. He's raw but can't be ignored. Footwork is also an issue.

 

Their bench will not be very deep and very young. They may go 6-8 deep. Cooper Egnes will probally see some playing time. He is a good ball handler and can step in to give Crawford or Hamilton a breather. Dylan Biddle could also fill in the gaps when needed. He's a 6'2"ish junior.

 

Overall I don't think scoring will be a problem, but being a small team rebounding could be an issue. There are some good shooters (free throw and 3pt). They really need to have a good defensive scheme. While their size could be looked at as a disadvantage if they can be quick and force some pressure on defense maybe they can create a lot of turnovers and transition scoring, could be a big asset for them.

 

I'm positive the new coach Jeremy Miles will have the boys ready. I've not yet had an oppertunity to meet him. But I've heard nothing but great things about him. Sounds like a great guy and has a very good basketball mind. Only time will tell about this yrs squad. They are very young and I anticipate some growing pains throughout the season. With that said I'm confident they can make a run in the All A. That should be a little more wide open this year. And I also expect them to return to the 10th region tournament again this season.

 

Correction: it's been brought to my attention that Jarrod Lippertt and Dylan Biddel are no longer with the team.

Saw bracken a couple times. Offense was not the issue defense was and I didn't see that being fixed this summer. I think it'll be a long year in Bracken. I wouldn't be surprised if this was Crawfords last with the polar bears.

Won't disagree with their defense or lack there of being a big issue going into this season. I'm curious to see coach Miles method of defense and how the kids implement his style.

 

As far as this being Crawfords last season my response to that would be doubtful. I guess it's all in expectations for him. Does he want to transfer somewhere and have to sit out a season? Highly unlikely. I guess his family can relocate but with their roots running deep in the county and them working in the county I can't see then up and leaving. I guess stranger things have happened. Then there is the question of does he want to be the star or more of a role player? As long as he is at Bracken he will be the man and the offense will run through him. If he was to go somewhere to a more high profile school he may have to share that spotlight. Yes there are better oppertunities at other schools to win a state title no denying that. Being a small school BC will probably not be in the state title hunt but we can make a run at the all A and possibly get to the regional tourney. And untill high school basketball gets classified (and I hope one day it is) that's how it's gonna be.

 

He can still get the recognition he deserves if he stays. If your great it don't matter where you play you will get the attention from the colleges. Brent Bach is a prime example of that. He played at one of the smaller schools in the state and by the time his senior yr was over there were not too many basketball ppl that didn't know about him. And I think that says a lot about a kid that commits themselves to there hometown like that. :thumb:

If Austin were to switch schools, it would have made sense to do it this year and either go to Mason or Campbell. Add him to Campbell and that team would go from top 20 in the state to top 5 IMO.

Just an FYI...Crawford will break 1000 points for his career early this season and has an outside chance to capture the school record by years end.

What's the school record and who is the holder? Has he surpassed his brothers career totals?

Won't disagree with their defense or lack there of being a big issue going into this season. I'm curious to see coach Miles method of defense and how the kids implement his style.

 

As far as this being Crawfords last season my response to that would be doubtful. I guess it's all in expectations for him. Does he want to transfer somewhere and have to sit out a season? Highly unlikely. I guess his family can relocate but with their roots running deep in the county and them working in the county I can't see then up and leaving. I guess stranger things have happened. Then there is the question of does he want to be the star or more of a role player? As long as he is at Bracken he will be the man and the offense will run through him. If he was to go somewhere to a more high profile school he may have to share that spotlight. Yes there are better oppertunities at other schools to win a state title no denying that. Being a small school BC will probably not be in the state title hunt but we can make a run at the all A and possibly get to the regional tourney. And untill high school basketball gets classified (and I hope one day it is) that's how it's gonna be.

 

He can still get the recognition he deserves if he stays. If your great it don't matter where you play you will get the attention from the colleges. Brent Bach is a prime example of that. He played at one of the smaller schools in the state and by the time his senior yr was over there were not too many basketball ppl that didn't know about him. And I think that says a lot about a kid that commits themselves to there hometown like that. :thumb:

 

Ky high school basketball will never and should never be classified. This guy is never playing D 1 so he should stay put. Ive seen it a thousand times.

Ky high school basketball will never and should never be classified. This guy is never playing D 1 so he should stay put. Ive seen it a thousand times.

 

This young man is just starting his sophomore year in high school. Probably a little too early to know for CERTAIN whether he will or won't play D1. If not, there are plenty of other great, high quality opportunities to play basketball besides D1. I realize that a forum such as this is to present opinions and views, but just like in society, it doesn't hurt to use a little discretion, especially when speaking of kids. There may or may not come a time in this young man's career that the appropriate person may need to discuss whether D1 is a good fit or not, but this is definitely not the time or place to put a definite "no" on it.

 

Best of luck to the young man!

 

Oh well, I'm done for now. Time to go fishin' with Pa. :lol2:

This young man is just starting his sophomore year in high school. Probably a little too early to know for CERTAIN whether he will or won't play D1. If not, there are plenty of other great, high quality opportunities to play basketball besides D1. I realize that a forum such as this is to present opinions and views, but just like in society, it doesn't hurt to use a little discretion, especially when speaking of kids. There may or may not come a time in this young man's career that the appropriate person may need to discuss whether D1 is a good fit or not, but this is definitely not the time or place to put a definite "no" on it.

 

Best of luck to the young man!

 

Oh well, I'm done for now. Time to go fishin' with Pa. :lol2:

 

This^

What's the school record and who is the holder? Has he surpassed his brothers career totals?

 

Not sure who holds it but its around 1700 i believe a little over.

This young man is just starting his sophomore year in high school. Probably a little too early to know for CERTAIN whether he will or won't play D1. If not, there are plenty of other great, high quality opportunities to play basketball besides D1. I realize that a forum such as this is to present opinions and views, but just like in society, it doesn't hurt to use a little discretion, especially when speaking of kids. There may or may not come a time in this young man's career that the appropriate person may need to discuss whether D1 is a good fit or not, but this is definitely not the time or place to put a definite "no" on it.

 

Best of luck to the young man!

 

Oh well, I'm done for now. Time to go fishin' with Pa. :lol2:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lli9ABUFZCU

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.